Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 11 Feb 20, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
82lcm
Trying for More Ears

Mobile Gift card question

My parents are currently on holiday in LA and I was wondering if I got them to bring a Disney gift card back for my children can I add balance to it? I wanted to give them their own card for spending when we go in August. Am I right in thinking that a gift card bought in UK couldn’t be spent as it is in sterling not dollars? But is there a way to add dollars onto an existing US gift card?
Hope that makes sense!
Thank you in advance
82lcm is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 20, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by 82lcm View Post
My parents are currently on holiday in LA and I was wondering if I got them to bring a Disney gift card back for my children can I add balance to it? I wanted to give them their own card for spending when we go in August. Am I right in thinking that a gift card bought in UK couldn’t be spent as it is in sterling not dollars? But is there a way to add dollars onto an existing US gift card?
Hope that makes sense!
Thank you in advance
Yes, you can buy US dollar Disney egift cards online and then add them to the plastic gift card. Suggest you get a few of the plastic cards with different faces.

And yes, the UK gift cards are in sterling and can't be used in the USA.

Check out the following thread which gives details of where and how to buy US dollar Disney e-gift cards along with how to transfer an e-gift card balance onto a physical plastic gift card. Good luck and if you have any problems please asked your question by adding it to the following thread https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...ight=gift+card

Edited at 07:22 PM.
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 20, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
82lcm
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Thank you for your help. I had read that thread and it lost me slightly although I suspect that’s because I haven’t used a gift card before and don’t quite understand but I’m sure all will become clear!
82lcm is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 20, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by 82lcm View Post
Thank you for your help. I had read that thread and it lost me slightly although I suspect that’s because I haven’t used a gift card before and don’t quite understand but I’m sure all will become clear!
It was written mainly for DVC members so that's possibly why it's confusing, anyway I found another thread that I replied to that might make it a bit easier to understand which I've pasted below and slightly amended.

You can purchase US dollar Disney egift cards from Target or from the US Disney Shop online with a credit card, suggest using a credit card with no foreign transaction fees.

We purchased from both stores last April with our Post Office credit card and all worked okay.

We found Target to be the easiest so make sure you go through Target International at intl.target

Which states...
I'm shipping to:
Click United States
I'd like to see prices in: U.S.Dollars
Click the red box OK

In the search box type disney egift card email and click search.

The first choice should be the red carded Disney Gift Card eGift (Email Delivery) option $25.00 - $500.00.

Click the red box Choose option and a pop up window should open, suggest you select $25 as a test and click add to cart, then click view cart and checkout.

The next page should be your cart and order summary, click in the red box I'm ready to check out and that should take you to a Sign-in page.

Click create an account.

Add email, first and last names, but leave out Mobile which is optional and click create password.

That should then take you back to page 2 of 3 Payment.

Options are credit/debit card and PayPal.

Make payment and once you receive the Target email with the e-gift card you have the choice to either regift this to someone else or use it yourself.

If yourself you can keep it on your phone or if you already have a plastic Disney gift card you can transfer the egift card to the plastic card by going to disneygiftcard/manage

You need to register first and that will allow you to save your Disney Gift Card as well as transfer a balance from one card to another and check a balance.

If you still have problems then please ask the question to my original thread which I check more often at, https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1122498
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List