Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 Mar 20, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
AhoyShipmates
Excited about Disney

Virgin Holidays prices - what do you think?

We were planning to do a DIY trip in August 2021, but Virgin Holidays have just announced a summer 2020 sale with prices from £900 with direct flights from Manchester to Orlando. I've not tracked their holiday prices after a brief look in the winter sale when I thought their prices were prohibitive (started at £1400 pp), but this is cheaper than current direct flights alone from Manchester.

I'm assuming this is just in response to the coronavirus, but wanted to check if this summer sale happened each year?
AhoyShipmates is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 20, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

If you can get 900 per person in and out school holidays with Virgin including accommodation that’s a v good price. I have just looked now and not seeing that in and out school holidays.
If it is outside school holidays, even one way, the deal is not nearly as good.
Virgin have been over 1000 flights only in and out at school holidays for the last 6 months.
Old 8 Mar 20, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
itz_baseline
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
If you can get 900 per person in and out school holidays with Virgin including accommodation that’s a v good price. I have just looked now and not seeing that in and out school holidays.
If it is outside school holidays, even one way, the deal is not nearly as good.
Virgin have been over 1000 flights only in and out at school holidays for the last 6 months.
Not if you keep checking. We booked 2 months ago from Man-Mco direct flying out and back in Summer school holidays. Cost for 2 adults and 3 children was £3800 for all 5.

In fact I’ve just looked again and they would still be £4200 if I booked now. Not sure why you are only seeing flights at over £1000 each.

Edited at 01:43 PM.
itz_baseline is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 20, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by itz_baseline View Post
Not if you keep checking. We booked 2 months ago from Man-Mco direct flying out and back in Summer school holidays. Cost for 2 adults and 3 children was £3800 for all 5.

In fact I’ve just looked again and they would still be £4200 if I booked now. Not sure why you are only seeing flights at over £1000 each.
What dates are these please?
Old 8 Mar 20, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
itz_baseline
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
What dates are these please?
Flying out 19th Aug, returning 5th Sept.
itz_baseline is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 20, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
rotherham
Trying for More Ears

I've just booked with Virgin family of 4, going on the 10th August for 2 weeks, stopping in the Staybridge suites, 2 bedrooms, bed and breakfast, with 14 Day Ultimate Disney tickets and has cost us £7200. I went to Tui to see if they could beat it and for similar it was coming in at £2k more expensive!
rotherham is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 20, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
AhoyShipmates
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Well I dithered and discussed with my family and we decided we’d stick with our 2021 plan. Then when I went back to look last night, as you do, package prices had gone right up again. You really do have to be quick and decisive whether it’s a holiday or flight price you like.
AhoyShipmates is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 20, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Shani
Imagineer

Originally Posted by itz_baseline View Post
Flying out 19th Aug, returning 5th Sept.
That's outside school holidays for much of the country. My kids are back in school on the 2nd.
2022 - Margaritaville & RPR --- 2023 - Villa & RPR & Surfside
Shani is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 20, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
itz_baseline
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Shani View Post
That's outside school holidays for much of the country. My kids are back in school on the 2nd.
Same price going 14th-28th Aug.