Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 29 May 20, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Lu Lu
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Wishuponastar View Post
Have you tried through you bank? I was so fed up with them I just passed it to Barclaycard to see if they could get it back.
Yes I’ve spoken to Santander and they will peruse it but after the date of flight. They also questioned it as only 1 leg of flight has been cancelled and they said to wait until it’s all cancelled. I think they will be able to do a chargeback for full amount though eventually.
Lu Lu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Wishuponastar
Excited about Disney

I was waiting too. My second leg has just been cancelled. We were due back next Saturday.
Hopefully you will able to start the process soon.
Wishuponastar is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Becstarprincess
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Do not book with Opodo it’s really not worth the stress if anything goes wrong. We have flights booked though them for August and you can’t get a reply for love or money. Shocking company. For future trips I’ll be booking direct with the airline.
Becstarprincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

This has taught me that booking through third parties is rarely worth the savings if things go wrong. Everything is still so uncertain right now even for 2021. It is possible that airline's schedules will change as travel restrictions change and people's appetite for travel becomes apparent. Flights could change times, dates, airports, become indirects. There's just too much uncertainty to have a third party between the airline and the passenger in these times in my opinion.

Same for hotels too. I booked our Vancouver hotel with Expedia as they had it a bit cheaper but now they're being a pain in the neck to get in contact with. The hotel is fantastic but Expedia are just giving me ''computer says no'' answers.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 01:01 AM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Most of the negative reviews of Opodo were after changes to flights, particularily with indirect flights and trying to get them rectified when changes were made.
We used them for BA direct flights in August, a few years ago. for £400 against 800-1000 normaly (incl BA) and had no issues a few years back. Bookings appeared on BA a few hours later and no issues. As did a few other parties on flights at the time (A Florida wedding).
However, with the current climate I would b very wary. I'd be more inclined to get the airlines to price match. And definately use a credit card.
Yes they do seem to be genuine deals, but in the current climate I would be very careful who you give your money to, so neutral with a beaware clause.
fredflintstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List