Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 2 Jun 20, 12:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Wolf1984
Imagineer

Mobile

You don't need https unless you require a secure connection. Typically you won't see that until you're on a booking or Log in screen. So http to a home page should be fine for most.
Wolf1984 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
kraftikris
VIP Dibber

kraftikris's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Wolf1984 View Post
You don't need https unless you require a secure connection. Typically you won't see that until you're on a booking or Log in screen. So http to a home page should be fine for most.
Yes this is what I thought, the email wasn't about payment, just an acknowledgement that they are looking into the claim, and all http links are Facebook, Twitter etc.
2003 - 25th Wedding anniv. St Lucia, 2004 - Quality Inn Kissimmee
2006 - Bahama Bay Davenport
2007,2008 and 2010 Nov, Windwood Bay
May 2009 Ballys, Las Vegas
Nov 2012 Lindfields Villa.
Nov 2011, 2013. 2014 & 2015 2016, 2017, 2018, Terrace Ridge
Nov 2019 Grand Reserve, 2022 The Manors at Westridge
kraftikris is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
dot
Apprentice Imagineer

i got the email too last night, my flight was for 2nd may, it is just giving me a refund ref number and not much else to be honest, links to VA twitter ect, but not asking for anything from me, i tried to reply but that gets a bounce back mimecraft delivery failure.
I did put in another refund request and even through i did that first have not heard anything.
but at least a bit of hope I may see my money back!

Dot x
dot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
kraftikris
VIP Dibber

kraftikris's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by dot View Post
i got the email too last night, my flight was for 2nd may, it is just giving me a refund ref number and not much else to be honest, links to VA twitter ect, but not asking for anything from me, i tried to reply but that gets a bounce back mimecraft delivery failure.
I did put in another refund request and even through i did that first have not heard anything.
but at least a bit of hope I may see my money back!

Dot x
My refund is for seat selection costs, I am still hoping to go in November, and have been allocated seats on the replacement plane at LHR. But I wish you luck.
2003 - 25th Wedding anniv. St Lucia, 2004 - Quality Inn Kissimmee
2006 - Bahama Bay Davenport
2007,2008 and 2010 Nov, Windwood Bay
May 2009 Ballys, Las Vegas
Nov 2012 Lindfields Villa.
Nov 2011, 2013. 2014 & 2015 2016, 2017, 2018, Terrace Ridge
Nov 2019 Grand Reserve, 2022 The Manors at Westridge
kraftikris is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Wolf1984 View Post
But pretty much every site does now use https. Even google is now encrypted. And the dibb.

Edited at 01:12 PM.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
CRISSY61
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

Originally Posted by CRISSY61 View Post
I have also Received an email from virgin re cancellation refund with incorrect booking reference. Waiting to hear response from virgin via WhatsApp
Received a response from virgin WhatsApp-
An email hasn't been sent in regards to your booking yet. The email was sent to you in error. I'm sorry.

So it seems the email was genuine but they are sending out emails mixing customer ref numbers!
Old 2 Jun 20, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
1927sully
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by CRISSY61 View Post
Received a response from virgin WhatsApp-
An email hasn't been sent in regards to your booking yet. The email was sent to you in error. I'm sorry.

So it seems the email was genuine but they are sending out emails mixing customer ref numbers!
I've just come off a chat with them as well. Pretty much the same response as you - Sorry for sending you an email in error.

Bottom line seems to be legitimate email, but poor admin from VA.
Old 29 Jul 20, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
1927sully
Earning More Ears

Mobile

I have just been sent an email by Virgin Atlantic Refund Team, but it isn't for my booking.
It is for booking Ref COF6NO. Just on the off chance that the booking belongs to a Dibber & they haven't received the email themselves. I will forward the email if it does.
Well done Virgin - On the ball!

Update:
I received an email yesterday saying that my refund has been processed & will be paid within 14 days.

Unfortunately, it is again for Ref COF6NO! This time there was an attachment showing the amount, and the names of the passengers - GDPR anyone?! ? Had an online chat with VA, but they were so blasé about it.

Still waiting for my own refund BTW.
Old 29 Jul 20, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
CRISSY61
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

I decided to claim on my credit card as virgin not being helpful- refund processed within a week
Old 2 Aug 20, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Monolith
Excited about Disney

Mobile

If they are giving out other customers details, I’m shocked that they haven’t self referred themselves to the ico ico.uk/

I’d recommend reporting them and telling them you are doing so
Monolith is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List