Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Oct 20, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Tarakate
New Poster (3)

British Airways Book with Confidence Sept 21

Hi, I am hoping to book a package with British Airways, and while I could return on 31st Aug 21, I would prefer to return the first week in September. Does anyone know what happens this book with confidence guarantee that seems to expire on 31/8/21? I notice that some Dibbers have booked for Sept 21. Thanks
Tarakate is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 20, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
spitspot
Excited about Disney

I called BA yesterday after doing online chat several times and was given different info 3 times..
1 - online chat: told me that they fully expect the aug 31st date to be extended, but nothing official and they don't know when!

2 - online chat: told me that they go by the start date of your booking, not the end date - even though I pointed out the wording online..he says its definitely covered!

3 - call: told me that your outbound flight would be covered with 0 fees but the return was not and that the regular fees applied to the return flight and whatever the hotel t&c's were at the time of the booking..

So, I'm none the wiser. I booked with deposit only for 26/8 - 11/9..My thoughts are that even if i lose the deposit it will be less than the fees for the return flight so if I needed to cancel i would just forfeit the deposit.
spitspot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 20, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

I''m going to book my September flights next year when hopefully there will be a clearer picture as regards flights from Gatwick. At the moment there are flights from both London airports but I don't want to book Gatwick and find out it's changed to Heathrow. Plus a lot of people fly with other airlines.

Edited at 10:07 AM.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 20, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by spitspot View Post
I called BA yesterday after doing online chat several times and was given different info 3 times..
1 - online chat: told me that they fully expect the aug 31st date to be extended, but nothing official and they don't know when!

2 - online chat: told me that they go by the start date of your booking, not the end date - even though I pointed out the wording online..he says its definitely covered!

3 - call: told me that your outbound flight would be covered with 0 fees but the return was not and that the regular fees applied to the return flight and whatever the hotel t&c's were at the time of the booking..

So, I'm none the wiser. I booked with deposit only for 26/8 - 11/9..My thoughts are that even if i lose the deposit it will be less than the fees for the return flight so if I needed to cancel i would just forfeit the deposit.
Simple answer- go by what’s in writing- suspect number 3 was correct as it is that in writing.

I’m also not convinced they’ll extend the August 2021 date as by then we are expected to be vaccinated and they won’t want to be selling tickets which can be cancelled after that.

Edited at 09:31 AM.
YorkshireT is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 20, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
spitspot
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Simple answer- go by what’s in writing- suspect number 3 was correct as it is that in writing.

I’m also not convinced they’ll extend the August 2021 date as by then we are expected to be vaccinated and they won’t want to be selling tickets which can be cancelled after that.
yes. I agree. That was what was shown on my booking so I'm going with that unless anything is updated in writing.
The guy who told me its was likely to be extended said it was dated as it is currently because it is tied to their 355(?) day flight opening times.. guess we'll see!
spitspot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 20, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

Aw man I have genuinely just realised that the booking I made last week isn’t covered. I am usually so good with these kind of details but I have missed the Completion by end of august part! I have booked to go to Boston on 27th August returning three weeks later from Washington DC with hotels in between. To be fair it is deposit only with balance not due until 3 weeks before but the additional ability to cancel if the situation wasn’t better was part of why we did it. £450 is a lot of money to lose potentially, I am so gutted now and am kicking myself.
sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 20, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sparklegirl View Post
Aw man I have genuinely just realised that the booking I made last week isn’t covered. I am usually so good with these kind of details but I have missed the Completion by end of august part! I have booked to go to Boston on 27th August returning three weeks later from Washington DC with hotels in between. To be fair it is deposit only with balance not due until 3 weeks before but the additional ability to cancel if the situation wasn’t better was part of why we did it. £450 is a lot of money to lose potentially, I am so gutted now and am kicking myself.
I wouldn’t be too worried- assuming you get the vaccine I’m sure you’ll be going. Otherwise there’s no hope!
Old 4 Oct 20, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordie Al
Imagineer

Our next jaunt to the sunshine state is due to be October 1st 2021. Originally was going to book up the flights the day they became available.
However with everything going on and the fact that no airline is currently offering any level of protection for that far in advance we will just sit tight and see how things go
Old 5 Oct 20, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
RC22
Very Serious Dibber

I booked last week of Aug to 1 st week of Sept during the BA sale.

Writing in the contract at payment is outbound flight is covered - return flight isn't.

Paid on CC and got insurance. Cover the bases as usual.

Final payment isn't until 3 weeks before. Anything will be cancelled by then if it is cancelled at all so I really didn't mind.

It was a great deal and happy to have another Florida trip to look forward too.
March 2010 I-Drive Quality Inn International Nov 2011 I-Drive Homewood Suites Oct 2012 The Dibb fave Coral's Villa Lindfields Aug 2013 Blue Heron Resort Aug 2014 NY & Orlando Cane Island 10yr Wedding Anniversary., Oct 2016 Windsor Palms, Royal Pacific and Disney Dream Cruise , Aug 2017 Emerald Island Oct 2019 Emerald Island & Vero Beach Aug 22 Glenbrook villa The First Bite That Gets You Hooked. Trip Report
RC22 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List