Notices

Old 25 Sep 11, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post

NYC, Vegas & California

Ok, I'll be honest, this is more a "post-trip pre-trip" as this holiday actually took place nearly 18 months ago but as a recent member of the DIBB I never had the chance to do one at the time.

So, why do one now? Well, I have 9 months to wait until my next trip to the States and whilst I have become absolutely ADDICTED to the DIBB I don't want to have every little detail planned out so far in advance so I figured I could relive the memories of our last holiday, sharing tips and experiences, whilst still getting my DIBB fix! Plus I plan on doing a monster of a trip report on return from our NYC & Orlando trip so decided I would get a little practice done!

I'll get things started!

Cast:
Me - Kirsty, 22 (just turned 21 at time of trip)
OH - Stu, 29 (27 at time of trip)

Here's us celebrating my 21st Birthday, around 2 weeks before we flew out on our trip.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0066.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	35862

We had been together nearly 2 years at this point and after celebrating our first year together in Spain we decided would do the same celebrating 2 years together, only we would make it a once-in-a-lifetime experience!

So off we went to the travel agents and returned with arms laden with brochures ranging from Thailand to Mexico, from India to Australia! However, it was the Las Vegas brochure that really caught Stu’s eye! Having always wanted to go there he pleaded with me to consider it. As I had absolutely no interest in gambling or naked women I figured I would have no interest in Vegas – what would a good girl like me do in Sin City!

However the more I looked into it the more it appealed to me. So I said yes, we would visit Vegas…..on one condition….we would couple it with LA! Having a strong dislike for travel agents (I work in corporate sales and I cannot bear to let them think that they are winning me over with their oh-so-obvious sales techniques when in fact I just really want to go on holiday for the best price available!) we decided to check out our options online. We came across a website called invegas.co.uk who alongside standard Vegas package also offered Vegas twin centres and so we contacted them for a quote for 7 nights Vegas, 7 nights L.A. They returned with a quoted just shy of £1200 each, which was within our budget, with flight on 7th May 2010 from Glasgow to Vegas (via Newark), staying at Circus Circus for 7 nights, then Vegas to LA and staying at the Carson Clarion Inn for 7 nights before returning home.

Now, we had originally disregarded New York as part of our plans as we decided it would be too expensive, but I got a flutter of excitement when I saw we would be flying via Newark and decided to ask how much it would be to stop off in NYC for say, 4 nights and split up the rest of the holiday with the remaining time! Invegas.co.uk came back with a quote of £1250 for 4 nights in NYC, 5 nights Vegas, 6 Nights in LA - at £50 extra to include NYC it was an absolute no-brainer so I phoned Stu on my lunch (yes this was all done on company time ) and decided to book that afternoon!

And that was how ended up booking our holiday of a lifetime! That was back in November 2009, and over the next 6 months we both saved over £2000 and lost a stone and a half each in preparation for our trip and felt more excited than either of us had done before! So without further ado I will crack on with the actual trip report so I can bore you with, erm... I mean share... our experience!

Thanks,

Kirsty
x

Next:
The Day Before... or is it? - http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=552105
Day 1. Phew, we made it! http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...95#post6739495
Day.2 It's cost how much?!?!?! http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...87#post6739787
Day 3. Statue of Liberty http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...20#post6742620

Edited at 09:52 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 11, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
pepsicube
Imagineer

A good read
pepsicube is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 11, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
NatOwls
Imagineer

Amazing trip ! Can't believe it only cost £1250 ! Amazing
NatOwls is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 11, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Wowsers, I'll have to check their website out, that's a great price!

Well done on the weightloss too, I know how hard that can be

xxx
Old 5 Oct 11, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

Fab price - I have paid that for just 4 nights in Vegas next year!
Glee Fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 11, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

Ah, just realised it was 2010! Still good price though.
Glee Fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 11, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandosgr8
Imagineer

orlandosgr8's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Sounds like a great trip, looking forward to reading all about it.

Orlando 02,04,06,07,08,10,11,12,13,14,16, 18 &
New York 06, 11 and Smoky Mountains 14
orlandosgr8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 11, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List