Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 14 Apr 20, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
dancingelkhound
Excited about Disney

Just to add re the ‘they have to offer you a refund’ discussion:

On March 25th Macron signed an ordinance (number 2020-315) stating that French companies could indeed offer a voucher instead of a cash refund.

This would seem to be at odds with the EU’s Package Travel Directive which states that you are entitled to a refund.

I’m not particularly up on the technicalities of EU v national laws. It would seem odd for Macron to bother signing into force legislation that would be superseded?

The only saving grace is that if you don’t use the voucher in 18 months you are entitled to a cash refund. Assuming that the company is still going of course.

Worth noting though that per Martin Lewis ABTA are pushing our government to enact similar legislation here.

Currently back on hold with DLP waiting for further discussions.

(I booked via the French site rather than the UK site so suspect my booking falls under French rather than UK laws?)

Edited to say that after research I believe the directive is a suggestion rather than a law, therefore the Ordinance is the relative legislation here.

Edited at 08:00 AM.
dancingelkhound is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 20, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
kenville
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by kenville View Post
I have a screenshot and it doesn’t say that. It’d be a bit odd to say the offer can change in terms of refunds when the park is closed. I’ll let you know how I get on when i call by the 15th 👍😀
Just to confirm, i called today and got a refund. They did offer the voucher first of all and said that President Macron has changed the rules, but i did explain very politely that the original terms said i could call back by April 15th (for arrivals prior to 1 June) and that the latest offer is based on different timescales. I also have another booking later this year so rebooking/voucher would not be appropriate.

Have to say that i am gutted about the trip being cancelled. There are bigger problems in the world right now but it is hard to tell the kids this when we've all been looking forward to this for months. Hopefully a solution will be found and we can get back to the Disney magic soon.
kenville is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 20, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
dancingelkhound
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I got put on hold while the agent ‘just checked something’ and left there for an hour. So still no refund for me.
dancingelkhound is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 20, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
thesorcerer
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’d appreciate views on cancelling my trip for mid August.

I’m in the midst of a wrangle with BA for another trip and I’m not sure if we should simply clear the slate for the year?

Sunridge Woods, Davenport. 2010
Disney Wilderness Lodge Christmas 2014
Vista Cay Apartments 2014
Sunridge Woods... again. 2017
Singapore 2019 (Universal, Whoop, Whoop)
Disneyland Hotel DLP (CANCELLED)
"Ooo-oooo! Big summer celebratory blowout" 2022
thesorcerer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 20, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
ClippedWings
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by thesorcerer View Post
I’d appreciate views on cancelling my trip for mid August.

I’m in the midst of a wrangle with BA for another trip and I’m not sure if we should simply clear the slate for the year?
Just my opinion but I would write this year off; even if the resort does open, I think the experience will be very restricted until we have a better grip on managing the disease. Personally absolutely gutted to be delaying our May trip until next year.
ClippedWings is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 20, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
thesorcerer
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by ClippedWings View Post
Just my opinion but I would write this year off; even if the resort does open, I think the experience will be very restricted until we have a better grip on managing the disease. Personally absolutely gutted to be delaying our May trip until next year.
Thank you.

thesorcerer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 20, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
kenville
slightly serious Dibber

Very sadly, I think you are right. We have another trip towards the end of this year and if the park is open then I imagine some form of social distancing will still be needed. What does that mean for the parades, fireworks and other shows? What does that mean for queues? How will you be seated on rides like Tower of Terror? Etc etc
kenville is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 20, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Gunna
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I’m just contacting them now to look at moving mine from July this year to July 2021. On the back of what was announced by President Macron recently I’ve made the decision to change it as I don’t feel it will be open, or open fully.

Disappointed but I know there are a lot of people with bigger concerns and worries right now. Seriously hope in time this starts to improve for everyone.

Neil

Life's not meant to be lived in one place

The One Stop Trip Spot - all my trip reports all in one place
Gunna is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 20, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
dancingelkhound
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Completely agree with this. I can’t see social distancing being relaxed completely by August unfortunately.
Old 15 Apr 20, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
thesorcerer
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Thanks all.

I’m going to call them today. And I guess add another airline to my battle list 😖🙄