Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 30 Apr 20, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
3collinso
Getting to know the DIBB

Virgin Holidays won’t allow you to contact them unless you have a holiday booked in the next 72 hours, as I have a lot of questions I want to ask, before booking I will make sure I talk to someone prior
3collinso is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by 3collinso View Post
My daughter will be 23 months old, just about my limit on long haul flights
Not wanting to have a big age gap and won’t want to be traveling if my partner is pregnant next year so will be waiting another 2 years. I think we might wait it out a few months and see if things start to improve.
We took our daughter for the first time when she was 4 months old, it was a piece of cake!

We were meant to go twice this year but have cancelled. I would rather stay home than risk my families health for the sake of a holiday. Florida isn't going anywhere. I would hope that things will be better in a few months but in reality I don't see it happening unfortunately.
Old 30 Apr 20, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
KRBarnard
Very Serious Dibber

KRBarnard's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Fingers crossed for your holidays, do you not think the holiday prices will almost double overnight when restrictions get lifted?
I don't think prices will double simply because a lot of people will not be in a good place financially, so if the travel sector want to get back on their feet, pricing people out of a holiday wouldn't be the way to do it. The theme parks and hotels have a lot of money they need to recoup but if they try to do it by doubling prices I don't think people will be happy to pay it, especially as the experience won't be the same with restrictions in place.

We are due to go on 2nd October but have been looking at our options for March. I'm doing this as the USA is not taking any sensible precautions and are starting to ease their lockdown already. Given that their number of cases and deaths are still climbing, I don't think that by October it would be that safe to travel. I have had the virus but unless we have a reliable antibody test and we know whether or not you retain immunity once you've had the virus, I won't be risking it, but I do have serious underlying medical conditions. I know it's possible to get medical cover but people seem to overlook the fact that it could actually kill you... The medical cover is important but that shouldn't be the thing that makes your decision, it is a serious and unpleasant illness for some people.
Gateway Inn '97 Radisson Barcelo '99 Quality Inn Plaza '01 Quality Inn Int'l '03 La Quinta Inns&Suites '05 B.W. Movieland '07 Holiday Inn '08 & '09 Indian Creek '10 & '11 Vista Cay '12 Rosen Inn @ Pointe and Miami '13 Vista Cay '13,'14,'15,'16 CBR '16 Tampa, POR & SSR '17 OKW + Vista Cay '18 Windsor Hills '19 Vista Cay'22
KRBarnard is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by KRBarnard View Post
I don't think prices will double simply because a lot of people will not be in a good place financially, so if the travel sector want to get back on their feet, pricing people out of a holiday wouldn't be the way to do it. The theme parks and hotels have a lot of money they need to recoup but if they try to do it by doubling prices I don't think people will be happy to pay it, especially as the experience won't be the same with restrictions in place.

We are due to go on 2nd October but have been looking at our options for March. I'm doing this as the USA is not taking any sensible precautions and are starting to ease their lockdown already. Given that their number of cases and deaths are still climbing, I don't think that by October it would be that safe to travel. I have had the virus but unless we have a reliable antibody test and we know whether or not you retain immunity once you've had the virus, I won't be risking it, but I do have serious underlying medical conditions. I know it's possible to get medical cover but people seem to overlook the fact that it could actually kill you... The medical cover is important but that shouldn't be the thing that makes your decision, it is a serious and unpleasant illness for some people.
Totally agree
Old 30 Apr 20, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
epickles
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

I've moved our trip from end May to end October. I'm really quite hopeful if I'm honest - and if Virgin cancel our flights again, then we'll be in a good position to rebook fee free for another time (just like we've done now)
epickles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 20, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
BobFish123
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Mobile

Book it!

Something to look forward to!

Worst case, you’ll just have to swap to another time 🤷
BobFish123 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 20, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
legallyblonde
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We managed to get holiday insurance but it was on the pricey side, an absolute must though understandably
Who with please? And was that to cover cancellation as well as medical due to COVID-19?
legallyblonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 20, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
3collinso
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

Originally Posted by epickles View Post
I've moved our trip from end May to end October. I'm really quite hopeful if I'm honest - and if Virgin cancel our flights again, then we'll be in a good position to rebook fee free for another time (just like we've done now)
Nice to hear that if things dont improve, what dates in October have you booked and what hotel are u staying at?
Thanks
Old 1 May 20, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
3collinso
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

Originally Posted by BobFish123 View Post
Book it!

Something to look forward to!

Worst case, you’ll just have to swap to another time 🤷
Tempted 🙈🙈
Old 1 May 20, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
3collinso
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

Originally Posted by legallyblonde View Post
Who with please? And was that to cover cancellation as well as medical due to COVID-19?
I didnt carry out the purchase it was just a quote and it was £113, I've forgot what company it was not but it was one of the top searches on Google