Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 7 Jun 20, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
ELLENUT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
Thanks
Interesting it does say for flight cancellations if they have cancelled a flight and put you on an alternative flight you can request a refund.
Yes thats what I noticed too
1992: Days Inn Lakeside 1994:HOliday inn Maingate East 2006:Pop Century 2008:Saratoga Villas 2010:Regal oaks 2013:Indian Ridge Villa 2015:BA Club,Disney,POR,Villa, RPR,2016 United business, Sunset Ridge villa 2019: Virgin, 4 Corners Villa 2023: CSR & 4 Corners Villa again!
ELLENUT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordie Al
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
How can you tell if your flight was cancelled ?All I have is an informed schedule change on the 7th of September original flight number was VS74 and new one is VS76 .

Also does it mean I am able to cancel flights both ways if the flight was cancelled... Thanks in advance 😀
I am due to fly out 4 days later than yourself and am in the same boat. I can confirm that originally that both VS76 and VS74 were two seperate flights. Therefore VS74 has been cancelled. This is not just a change of flight number as I believe some TAs are saying
Old 8 Jun 20, 06:34 AM  
Link to this Post
rsvdaz
Apprentice Imagineer

Can I ask a similar question please, we have a package booked and no longer want to go due to the restrictions. I’m aware that our original flights with Norwegian are not going ahead and when I questioned this with the TA th y said they will move us into BA flights, so same airports and dates but different operators- is this significant enough under EU law?
I’m just drafting an email to the TA listing ALL of the changes which fundamentally mean it’s not the holiday experience we booked.
rsvdaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 20, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Geordie Al View Post
My return flight has been cancelled completely and we have been moved to an earlier flight( 2 hour difference). Any thoughts about my rights to cancel fellow Dibbers
What do the booking terms & conditions say ?
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 20, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Geordie Al View Post
I am due to fly out 4 days later than yourself and am in the same boat. I can confirm that originally that both VS76 and VS74 were two seperate flights. Therefore VS74 has been cancelled. This is not just a change of flight number as I believe some TAs are saying
Thanks , does that mean we are entitled to a refund of both directions
... We booked direct through Virgin.
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 20, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Wereallmadhere View Post
Glad you have got it sorted. We are booked to fly with Virgin via Netflights. Who at the moment are saying the opposite when I asked if we would now be entitled to a refund as our flights have been cancelled and we have been moved to a new airport / flight number.

This is their reply...

As a change of Airport is within same city they usually class this as a minor change and as flights are still operating the airline are not offering refunds at the moment, but are offering to move your flights to a future travel date. They are waiving the change fee but if there was additional fare and tax you would be expected to pay.

Me... But the flight has been cancelled, under EU law we should be entitled to a refund even if they have rescheduled us onto a different flight

Netflights.. A flight number can be changed if the Airline makes a schedule or operational change. There is a difference between a cancelled flight and a schedule change. The flight is live and is still operating at the moment, even if there has been a schedule change.

They have however said they will look into it again tomorrow. Have a feeling I'm going to be screwed over by them.😡
I’d like to see them argue that in court!

Your flight is cancelled, and they’ve booked you on another flight from a different airport.

Full refund due under 261/2004.

Get a claim in on chargeback.
Old 8 Jun 20, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
emilou
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

My return flight 13/08 has been cancelled and we have re booked on a flight 2 hours earlier. I contacted netflights on twitter after read this thread. Just hope they are ture to their word...
Old 8 Jun 20, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Wereallmadhere
Excited about Disney

Mobile

It seems that Netflights are giving different answers to people depending on who us answering the messages. I'm still waiting for them to come back to me. Although I managed to get through to a lovely, but very stressed man at Virgin who said that he had taken a number if calls from people regarding booking agents saying people were not entitled to refunds. He took my email address and sent through a request to the booking department to email me confirming my flight has been cancelled and that Virgin are offering customers who booked direct refunds, so will be sending that through to Netflights when I get it, or perhaps by some miracle Netflights may contact me as they said they would after speaking to virgin to confirm they were wrong and I was right 😂
Old 8 Jun 20, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Interesting Netflights also seem to be saying (?) Virgin have been the slowest airline to refund (if we could see more I think that is what they are saying). They obviously havent been dealing with Air Canada who still refuse to refund at all!
Old 8 Jun 20, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

The Virgin atlantic T&Cs quote 3 hours as the limit before cancellation
flywith.virginatlantic/gb/en/prepare-to-fly/conditions-of-carriage/article-21.html
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List