Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Jun 20, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
2anddone
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile Anyone else booking this weekend for August 2021?

Hi
Pre-corona I was hoping to return in August 2021 and would have booked in April this year had free dining been released!
I am still tempted to go next year and as a single mum want to stay onsite like last time as it was so easy!
With the news that from Monday park reservations can be made up to September 2021 i am very tempted to risk my £150 deposit and book for the dates I wanted in August 2021. I figure then I am guaranteed a park each day plus can add a dining plan if they become available between now and then if not can pay out of pocket!
Anyone else considering doing the same or am I completely crazy?
2anddone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 20, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Not me, this will not be a holiday I would enjoy so am happy to leave it to those who are desperate to go and will review next year for 2022.

Who knows, we may never go again or we may go many times. Things need to shake down and sort themselves out.

The world has many places to travel to, we will book when the outcomes are clearer but not before and believe me we want a holiday as much as anyone.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 20, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Tink92
Earning More Ears

Mobile

I own dvc and iam honestly considering selling. I think it's beyond ridiculous the way we have to book park days for next August! No magic bands? No dining plan? I never ever thought I would lose the magic.. But I have.. Now iam left with unused tickets.. A flight voucher with kenwood and I just don't want to be there anymore.
Tink92 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 20, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

No ..i have made my mind up now and not going...I am booking somewhere in Europe instead...Maybe 2022 .We will see... If i pay that much money i need to look forward to it from the very beginning!
macdonald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 20, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

We have booked for August next year but universal hotel. I might do 2 days at Disney haven’t decided yet.
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 20, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Definitely not booking a Disney holiday for next year with the current restrictions and costs and limited offers.
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 20, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
LizzyBear
Imagineer

LizzyBear's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Personally I'm not getting sucked into all the panic. I think its easy for that to happen when you frequent forums like this one but we're not even allowed into the US yet so I'm not committing to anything until there is more clarity on that at least. If it means booking much later on, going to California instead or delaying to 2022 then so be it. This is an expensive holiday for us and I want the build up to be fun and I want to know that fireworks, parades and character meets are back on.
With all of this said I'm confident that we will know a lot more in the coming months, just a case of holding my nerve for now!
Old 20 Jun 20, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

I had already decided last year not to go to Disney next year but if I hadn't I would have decided now. For health reasons I need flexibility when I'm on holiday and that's impossible with the park reservation system. So I'm staying away from Disney till things are more normal. I have bought an Annual Pass for Universal which I'll be using next year (and hopefully this year). I'll be staying at a Universal hotel.

Edited at 09:57 AM.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 20, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

We are going July 2021 BUT its not linked on MDE so we can not book the park days on Monday.
With this years cancellation & re booking only happening last week nothing is linked.
It can take 7-14 days apparently.
So will there be any parks left by then?
I am so stressed!
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 20, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
antietam
Imagineer

We are going to Stay at DVC in august for 4 nights next year as part of a Florida Tour but were not doing any parks.
We may go to Typhoon Lagoon for a day.
We have been many times in the last few years and rushed all the parks and not finding time to do other things like, shopping, mini golf, Visit Celebration, spend time at the pool, Disney Springs etc.

I think we will have a great time chilling out still in Florida

Edited at 12:09 PM.
antietam is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List