Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 27 Jun 20, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
jadepansy459
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Fab Mam View Post
Fingers crossed. I have copied the following from the Disneyland website:

If you have a booking at Disney’s Hotel Sequoia Lodge:
if you want to maintain your booking date, you can enjoy a free transfer to Disney's Newport Bay Club Hotel with the same booking features (subject to availability)
if you want to maintain your stay at Disney’s Hotel Sequoia Lodge, we propose that you move your booking to a new arrival date without incurring additional fees when the hotel reopens
you can cancel your booking without fees and receive a refund.

No mention of a re-open date but I think I would be happy with a move to Newport Bay although the subject to availability bit worries me. I would like to wait and see if Sequoia Lodge opens before deciding but what if Newport Bay is full?
Having stayed at both that is a pretty great free upgrade. If they offered to move guests based on availability wouldn't it be a first come first served basis ? So if you decided to move now and there was a room available they could just switch you over?
jadepansy459 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 20, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Fab Mam
Getting Excited

Fab Mam's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by jadepansy459 View Post
Having stayed at both that is a pretty great free upgrade. If they offered to move guests based on availability wouldn't it be a first come first served basis ? So if you decided to move now and there was a room available they could just switch you over?
Hi, yes it does sound like a good upgrade and if they can't provide a reopen date for Sequoia Lodge then it sounds like they would be happy to move you now. I think I will defo ring on Monday and if they say they are unable to give me an idea of a reopen date then I will go for it. Could always move back if it did reopen but would hate to miss out on an upgrade due to no availability.
Fab Mam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 20, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
MickeyYay
Imagineer

Newport bay is a great upgrade
MickeyYay is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

I changed our September Sequoia Lodge booking to December this week (booked with Magic Breaks) and they happily did a straight swap of dates with no mention that the hotel may not be open. Now looking on the Magic Breaks website you are unable to book SL for our December dates. Now feeling quite worried as doing a search for our dates NPB only have superior rooms left that are considerably more expensive
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
CreakingStool
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
Mobile

I have called today and moved my January booking to Newport Bay. I was going to wait it out as I was happy to stay at SL but I was nervous reading it was subject to availability.
The lady said that the new confirmation would show as more expensive but that would be sorted out and I'd only pay the original price. I'll have to keep an eye on that over the next few weeks.
I'd happily move back if its open so will see how it pans put.

A long awaited Disney Fix. DLP June 2023, me and my girl

CreakingStool is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Fab Mam
Getting Excited

Fab Mam's Reviews
Originally Posted by CreakingStool View Post
I have called today and moved my January booking to Newport Bay. I was going to wait it out as I was happy to stay at SL but I was nervous reading it was subject to availability.
The lady said that the new confirmation would show as more expensive but that would be sorted out and I'd only pay the original price. I'll have to keep an eye on that over the next few weeks.
I'd happily move back if its open so will see how it pans put.
Ohhhh I didn't think they would be open on a Sunday. I'm on hold now...

OMG! I've just been moved to a Lakeside room. I think I may happily keep this upgrade ha ha.
Fab Mam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
CreakingStool
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Ohhhh I didn't think they would be open on a Sunday. I'm on hold now...

OMG! I've just been moved to a Lakeside room. I think I may happily keep this upgrade ha ha.
Yeah we got lakeside too did they say the same to you about the price showing as higher but paying the original price?

CreakingStool is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Fab Mam
Getting Excited

Fab Mam's Reviews
Originally Posted by CreakingStool View Post
Yeah we got lakeside too did they say the same to you about the price showing as higher but paying the original price?
Yes, she said exactly that.
Old 28 Jun 20, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
CreakingStool
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Yes, she said exactly that.

Oh good lets keep everything crossed for our trips 🤞🤞🤞

Old 28 Jun 20, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
jadepansy459
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Wow that's great ! Lakeside too how lovely. Really pleased for you all!
jadepansy459 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List