Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 12 Aug 20, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
derenstar
Apprentice Imagineer

What a great idea for a thread, almost like the food reports 🙂

We ate at Wagamama’s today, I didn’t take many pics but starters, mains and drinks for 3 of us was £26 and we left stuffed. Absolute bargain!

derenstar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 20, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

We went to a Generous George pub tonight...

Starters were nice (nachos and jalapenos poppers) but we asked to move tables so we could take part in the quiz and I think they forgot us! The main course had obviously been sitting under a hot lamp for a while as I went to ask where it was and I also had to go and ask for the dessert. We enjoyed the evening as we like a quiz but wouldn't rush back for food.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 20, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Another Monday night at the golf club. Roast pork loin with seasonal veg and roast potatoes followed by home made profiterroles
Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 20, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

It was the last day of our holiday in Norfolk today and so we went in to Norwich centre on the way home this morning. We ended up in Ed's Diner for a breakfast and it was great.

DH had a big breakfast and a latte, I had the regular breakfast and a 7up, DD had a breakfast muffin and an Oreo milkshake and DS had a kids breakfast and a strawberry shake. It was just over £20 for all of us and we left £24 on the table. It was very nice.

mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 20, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

I haven’t made use of this offer once 😭

Most places around us are closed on Mondays. Tues and wed we’re usually busy and then that’s it!
We went out to celebrate GCSE’s and missed it of course!
I’m determined to make use of it at least once.

Some friends of ours aren’t enjoying it at all. They said people come in with the intention of spending precisely £20 on food each (or as close as possible) and only drinking tap water.
It’s not really helping out that much when tables are so limited and they can only accept bookings.

DS has used it a few times with friends. It’s really good for his age group. For what they’d have spent on a coffee and a snack they can now have Nando’s or Wagamama etc

Edited at 01:36 PM.
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 20, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Didn't go anywhere last week but managed to book our local pub for this eve, don't think i'll have the carvery as it won't be the same if you aren't picking your bits yourself but looking forward to going. Wish i'd managed to go to five guys, but the queue was massive when we went a few weeks ago. Wish i'd managed to sneak a few extra costa's in too but rushing to go at 6pm after working all day ain't the same lol.

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 20, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We've been out a few times and have really enjoyed it all! We normally eat out through the week rather than the weekend anyway, and a couple that we booked were booked before it was announced. We've been to 3 local pubs, a garden centre for lunch, a hotel restaurant (we stayed overnight) and are going to Zizzi on Wed. We haven't ordered any differently than we normally would so it's been really nice to benefit from it
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 20, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Dd18 has used it a couple of times with a friend or 2 at TGIs. The kids are calling it "stuff your gobs to save jobs"...

catchy...
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 20, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
Dd18 has used it a couple of times with a friend or 2 at TGIs. The kids are calling it "stuff your gobs to save jobs"...

catchy...
We call it £10 off 10lbs on
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 20, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

we went to one of our favourite local independents- Café Mandalay, it is Burmese food. Absolutely delicious

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2021- London
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List