Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Sep 20, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
memphis69
Very Serious Dibber

No I’m not booking anything yet I have already lost enough money from my April trip (Villa mainly)and I know you can book BA etc that are moveable I’m just worried at the moment what is going to be left of the airline industry if this carries on much longer.
memphis69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 20, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
chelsie15
Serious Dibber

chelsie15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We should be going on Wednesday. Have rebooked our flight with Aer Lingus to May 2021 & also DS had Villa Aurora booked for all of us & Sue has moved the dates to accommodate us.
chelsie15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 20, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
That idea holds good unless with the lifting of restrictions, you get trampled in the rush as hundreds of thousands of other frustrated vacationers surge towards the booking sites.

In the event of the above, that demand may price the vacations beyond the reach of many.

With that in mind, I have booked early (and paid) for next August as I am wary of a collapsing exchange rate over Brexit and will cancel with no loss if necessary. I have done this twice and have now booked a third time. The key is to only book with companies that have shown a willingness to comply with consumer law, should refunds become an issue.
Very true and this has gone around in my head nearly daily.

And at some point I may jump and book. Just havent convinced myself as yet.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 20, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

We have booked three holidays so far for next year. All refundable or pay at hotel. If we go that's good if we dont we will start again.

Good to have something in the diary, we enjoy out life here but also good to have plans.
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 20, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
PixieBoot
Very Serious Dibber

Booked Universal hotel & WDW hotels & tickets for next Jul ..deposit only with view to moving to Dec 21 or April 22 if need be. Same for flydrive - Into Tampa, out of Vegas. Will look at internal Florida to Vegas flight nearer the time. Will See what happens! Trying to allow for hike in demand and price if/when restrictions are lifted. Hopeful for next summer, but haven’t been at Christmas before so that would be a nice fall-back if it comes to it.

Oct 2003 couples hol Kissimmee > WDW, Universal, Seaworld, Busch, Daytona

Jul 2015 Family of 5 Kissimmee/RPR Club > Universal, Wet n Wild, Kennedy SC, WDW

Aug 2018 Family if 5 AMI/RPR Club/Kissimmee > Universal, VBay, WDW

Hopeful for Jul 2021 > RPR Club/Y Club
PixieBoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 20, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

If the deal is there and it’s flexible, go for it. Don’t book anything that isn’t movable, but I booked two BA flights. Even if they can’t be used, then I can shift one to December 2021 and Easter 2022. If we can’t go then I give up.
All hotels now only booked cancellable. DVC booked for one trip so far and if a month before I am not certain I can go I will cancel my DVC booking and bank the points and book a cancellable Swan and Dolphin like I’ve done for this Christmas.
Some good deals but with three holidays now booked I’m at my limit of cancel and shift to April 2022 so won’t book any more now.
I’ve got some great deals including a real bargain to Tenerife at a top hotel we went to in July at half price saving about £3k. We had a fantastic time.
Old 20 Sep 20, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I’m not committing £7k+ for an Orlando holiday until I know exactly what I am paying for.

At the moment, Disney has no plans to open all hotels and restaurants, only one water park from March. No plans for parades or other special events. New rides delayed, no plans for fireworks to return.

I will wait until we have more clarity on the above.
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 20, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
I’m not committing £7k+ for an Orlando holiday until I know exactly what I am paying for.

At the moment, Disney has no plans to open all hotels and restaurants, only one water park from March. No plans for parades or other special events. New rides delayed, no plans for fireworks to return.

I will wait until we have more clarity on the above.
I guess that your circumstances are very different to mine in that you are looking at theme park/resort dominated vacations whilst I seek sightseeing, flydrive hotel/motel ones.

Your position therefore seems to make perfect sense. If the parks are very heavily restricted, then I cannot think that it would be much (or any) fun. Fingers crossed for you.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 20, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

I have booked a BA fly drive for my DD and I to Philadelphia and DC for 6 nights in the Easter hols, its her 18th at the end of March so this is her main present. The price was too good to miss and I used one of our vouchers from this year so if it's cancelled we'll just get the voucher back again.

I'm chomping at the bit to book our flights for next summer to redo our cancelled holiday to South Carolina, the Smokies and Georgia but until the govt get their backsides into gear and finalise the dates for the A Levels and GCSEs we can't book just in case they're pushed back into July!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
PixieBoot
Very Serious Dibber

For us, I’d take reduced park hours, no fireworks and fewer restaurants for lighter crowds any day of the week. Plus resort stays are about more than the parks for us...love the facilities and proximity to dining, shopping, the pools etc. Would still go even if foregoing some parks. V Bay is the only water park we opt for. I’ve spent similar money in Europe for experiences that just didn’t tick all our boxes.

Oct 2003 couples hol Kissimmee > WDW, Universal, Seaworld, Busch, Daytona

Jul 2015 Family of 5 Kissimmee/RPR Club > Universal, Wet n Wild, Kennedy SC, WDW

Aug 2018 Family if 5 AMI/RPR Club/Kissimmee > Universal, VBay, WDW

Hopeful for Jul 2021 > RPR Club/Y Club
PixieBoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List