Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 19 Sep 20, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Wysbob
Proud to wear my Ears

Disney hotel advice

Afternoon all, hope you are safe and well

I am just looking for some help and advice if you can say . Like a lot of us we had this year holiday cancelled and we decided to reschedule for Oct 2021, we have been lucky enough to get these dates but we cant do any thing with them.

This will be are first time staying on-site and I alway said I wanted to stay at AK, and lucky this is what we have got whoop whoop. However as the prices have gone up we are looking to maybe try and save some pennies. So I was wondering if you lovely Dibbers would be able to provide what once you have stayed at and your experience and what Can be recommended.

Also can you book the Swan/dolphin through Disney? Just as I can see that on the list.

Sorry for the long winded story

Edited at 04:23 PM.
Wysbob is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 20, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Vikkicat
Apprentice Imagineer

hi, if you have your heart set on AKL, how about looking to rent DVC points, from someone here or through one of the DVC rental companies (quick google search will bring a few up)! thats what we did before becoming DVC members ourselves. we were able to get a bigger room at less of the price of a studio room (and the one and two bedrooms have full kitchens!). it is a good way of staying at a deluxe for less than most travel companies.
Vikkicat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 20, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Wysbob View Post
Afternoon all, hope you are safe and well

I am just looking for some help and advice if you can say . Like a lot of us we had this year holiday cancelled and we decided to reschedule for Oct 2021, we have been lucky enough to get these dates but we cant do any thing with them.

This will be are first time staying on-site and I alway said I wanted to stay at AK, and lucky this is what we have got whoop whoop. However as the prices have gone up we are looking to maybe try and save some pennies. So I was wondering if you lovely Dibbers would be able to provide what once you have stayed at and your experience and what Can be recommended.

Also can you book the Swan/dolphin through Disney? Just as I can see that on the list.

Sorry for the long winded story
I’ve not stayed in a Disney hotel that I wouldn’t stay at again. I’d prefer a moderate or deluxe over a value though. I think you just need to have a look at the Disney website and see what theming takes your fancy although probably best to see what’s available first.

You can normally book the Swan & Dolphin through Disney but it won’t necessarily be the cheapest way to do it. I don’t think they’re released until about a year out though so you’d have to wait.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 20, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Wysbob
Proud to wear my Ears

I’ve never heard of DVC points, so will have a look in to thanks 😊. Going to have a good look around and see what tickles my fancy 😂😂😂 x

Edited at 05:57 PM.
Wysbob is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 20, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Only resort that we have stayed at that I wouldn't stay at again was CBR, just a bit meh, though loads like it. We were due to have our second stay at AKL this year (should be there now ) but without Free Dining it's not worth it. We've enjoyed both stays at WL but again without FD, probably not. We own DVC & love Saratoga but, IMO none of the Disney hotels are worth their price- a Mod is going to cost you £250/night yet somewhere like Vistana is £700 for a week!
Sd
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 20, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
I’ve not stayed in a Disney hotel that I wouldn’t stay at again. I’d prefer a moderate or deluxe over a value though. I think you just need to have a look at the Disney website and see what theming takes your fancy although probably best to see what’s available first.

You can normally book the Swan & Dolphin through Disney but it won’t necessarily be the cheapest way to do it. I don’t think they’re released until about a year out though so you’d have to wait.
I’ve booked the Swan for May 2022 through Travel Republic. Resort fees are included with them as well.
POFQ December 2016
POFQ and Eagle Pointe - Sep 2018
Briar Grove villa, Hard Rock, wilderness lodge and Miami twice Christmas 2019

bronny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 20, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by bronny View Post
I’ve booked the Swan for May 2022 through Travel Republic. Resort fees are included with them as well.
We have the Dolphin booked via them for next September.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 20, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post

I didn’t think AKL or indeed any Disney hotel was yet available for October 2021, they have only released rooms up to September 2021 and there is no AKL availability on any dates I have looked at up until then. I presume you have used a TA and they are hoping it will become available.

I would caution over renting DVC points, you could end up losing all your money if you are not able to go. I would book directly and then it will either be fully refundable or only loss of deposit of £50 per person.

The availability is pretty poor and prices very high for the dates that have been released for next year (Jan - Sept). I have also been thinking that if we go, we will book the Swan or Dolphin, not available in the Disney site but you can find it elsewhere.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List