Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Jul 20, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
TheNDawg
Excited about Disney

Disney from October 2021 onwards?

Hi

Just wondering if theres been any news or whispers about what could be happeing with booking a Disney Hotel/Package for October/November next year?

We're looking to honeymoon in November hopefully staying at a Disney Hotel with a Dining Plan and the extras.

These are usually available from April but obviously with COVID things havent went as planned for this and now Disney is only bookable up until September 2021.

Just wondering if anyone is in the same boat as me and awaiting news on what is happening or if anything has came out recently regarding this

Thanks
TheNDawg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 20, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
There’s no news on it yet, with it being the 50th anniversary then and a lot of people had moved to that time of year who had been cancelled earlier they’ve put new reservations on hold.

I don’t think anyone knows if or when reservations for that year will open up and if they plan on keeping park attendance down/having reservations in place they may not be able to open it back up depending on how many people they have staying on property at the moment as well as AP holders who will go.

I was looking at re-booking for the October 2021 half term but by the time I got around to making a decision it had been taken off sale so have made a reservation for July and will potentially look at moving it to October if it becomes available again, although I can’t imagine there will be much hotel availability!
meegraine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 20, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
TheNDawg
Excited about Disney

Yeah I'm just eager for some news so I can start planning what we are looking to book and pricing it up.

I guess its just going to need alot of patience waiting for news and hope that if the stars do align we're able to get everything booked that we want
TheNDawg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 20, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
TheNDawg
Excited about Disney

Just wondering if anyone has booked anything since hotels and flights have been released for Disney on VH and hotels on Disney for October 2021 onwards?

We're looking at next November but there arent any deals on as of yet (as expected) but just wondering that if they do release some sort of dining plan or free night deal could I then add the dining plan onto my booking or get a refund for free nights?

Just when we booked in 2017 (what seems ages ago now) I'm sure you got disney tickets with the dining plan included. Would that still be the case as Id have to add the disney tickets on seperate as of now.

I'm just looking for some advice as I'm a bit of a noob at this and looking to get as much information before I go ahead with anything.

Thanks
Old 20 Oct 20, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I think it’s incredibly unlikely that Disney will offer anything for the period of the 50th anniversary. They don’t need to.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 20, 03:02 AM  
Link to this Post
chelynnah
VIP Dibber

chelynnah's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by TheNDawg View Post
Just wondering if anyone has booked anything since hotels and flights have been released for Disney on VH and hotels on Disney for October 2021 onwards?

We're looking at next November but there arent any deals on as of yet (as expected) but just wondering that if they do release some sort of dining plan or free night deal could I then add the dining plan onto my booking or get a refund for free nights?

Just when we booked in 2017 (what seems ages ago now) I'm sure you got disney tickets with the dining plan included. Would that still be the case as Id have to add the disney tickets on seperate as of now.

I'm just looking for some advice as I'm a bit of a noob at this and looking to get as much information before I go ahead with anything.

Thanks
They’ve only ever offered free dining with a package. You paid for Disney hotel and tickets, and got the free dining. You can only get a dining plan (free or paid) if you stay on property, so you would never have had just Disney ticket with a dining plan included.

Unless I’m misunderstanding what you’ve written.

I’ve gone ahead and booked December 21 knowing that I may have to cancel. I’d like to think that ‘if’ there was a deal they would let me switch to it, however to my knowledge there haven’t been deals in Nov and Dec as it’s holiday season. Add to that the anniversary, and it’s doubly doubtful.

More realistically is that if you really want to go then, book now (if you’re ok with the current price) to get the hotel you want. They’ll go quickly.
WDW several trips as a child; WDW 1993 on working vacation; DLP Sept 2003 - Newport Bay Hotel; WDW January 2007 - offsite HGVC Tuscany Suites; DLP Sept 2008 - DLH; WDW/US/BG January 2013 - offsite HGVC Tuscany Suites; WDW/US and MVMCP Nov 2015 - offsite townhouse; DLP Sept 2016 - Hotel B&B; WDW Feb 2017 - POFQ; DLP June 2017 - SL GF; DLP Sept 2017 - NPB CC; DLP Nov 2018 - SL; WDW Feb 2019 - WDW Princess Half POFQ; DLP Sept 2019 - SL & DLH;
chelynnah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 20, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
TheNDawg
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by chelynnah View Post
They’ve only ever offered free dining with a package. You paid for Disney hotel and tickets, and got the free dining. You can only get a dining plan (free or paid) if you stay on property, so you would never have had just Disney ticket with a dining plan included.

Unless I’m misunderstanding what you’ve written.

I’ve gone ahead and booked December 21 knowing that I may have to cancel. I’d like to think that ‘if’ there was a deal they would let me switch to it, however to my knowledge there haven’t been deals in Nov and Dec as it’s holiday season. Add to that the anniversary, and it’s doubly doubtful.

More realistically is that if you really want to go then, book now (if you’re ok with the current price) to get the hotel you want. They’ll go quickly.
Yeah last time we booked October 2017 at Animal Kingdom Lodge and we got the free Disney Dining Plan in with that (from what I can remember since I got the dining plan i got the tickets included with that so I didnt have to pay for them but I cant remember if that was true or not)

We ended up paying 5K for both of us at AKL, DDP, Tickets, flights, $200 spending and memory maker etc
Old 21 Oct 20, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by TheNDawg View Post
Yeah last time we booked October 2017 at Animal Kingdom Lodge and we got the free Disney Dining Plan in with that (from what I can remember since I got the dining plan i got the tickets included with that so I didnt have to pay for them but I cant remember if that was true or not)

We ended up paying 5K for both of us at AKL, DDP, Tickets, flights, $200 spending and memory maker etc
You wouldn’t have got tickets free, not unless you booked with a TA who offered that. They would have just been lumped in with the package.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 20, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
TheNDawg
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
You wouldn’t have got tickets free, not unless you booked with a TA who offered that. They would have just been lumped in with the package.
Ah right makes sense. Maybe I'm just looking back too fondly and it's hazing my memory lol
Old 23 Oct 20, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

i think they will offer something...
macdonald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List