Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 30 Sep 20, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
nquart
Very Serious Dibber

nquart's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
TUI refund/change experience

We are due to go on 30th March, flying with Tui and apartment booked separately. We need to pay the apartment balance on 8th Feb and don't want to pay and then the flight gets cancelled.

We're debating moving to Easter 2022, has anyone had experience of making changes successfully?

We have a shop near by and it looks like it is still shut so presumably we'd need to try phoning/emailing.

Thanks

Edited at 07:41 PM.
nquart is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 20, 06:09 AM  
Link to this Post
weeleighluigi
Imagineer

We didn't make changes, our flight was in June. It was cancelled 5 weeks before. We were told by TUI, literally at the time with an email and a voucher code instantly. Ours was flight only, we had already booked flights for 2021 before the prices skyrocketed! So we requested a refund. 3 days later, that money was in hubby's bank.

Sorted.

We thought about changing our flights to vouchers to turn in to a wee all inclusive in October (glad we didn't now). And we spoke to them, they were brilliant and I imagine at the time they would have sorted it there and then.
weeleighluigi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 20, 07:52 AM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

We had flight only booked for October with TUI. They announced flight cancellations at the end of June and a full refund was on my cc in about a week. I was pleasantly surprised and really couldn't fault them

DVC Member BCV, BLT & VGC
marlouwrig is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 20, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
paw
Imagineer

Our local shop looked closed every time we passed. As the balance became due I phoned the local number and could hear the call being transferred. When answered the person was in the shop and said they were open but no one was coming in.

So, we went into our local shop 10 days before payment was due and they moved our December 2020 holiday to October 2021, the latest day we could change to. Have arranged to go in again at the end of October to move it to December. There was a £50 charge per person but we had no intention of paying the balance and were prepared to lose our £1k deposit.
paw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 20, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
nquart
Very Serious Dibber

nquart's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Thanks everyone, it's good to hear that their customer service seems better than Virgin at the moment

We'll just have to wait and see what is happening nearer the time...
nquart is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
chapea
Getting Excited

Hi. May be different if covid related but I have rang tui this morning regarding a flight only next September and moving it forward 2 weeks and they have told me that I cannot change dates at all even for a fee.
chapea is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List