Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Oct 20, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Welsh_Dragon
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by DisneyCupcake View Post
Thanks Stanleycamel - will get on to BA asap.
BA confirmed that all October Gatwick to MCO flights are cancelled. Used twitter pm to request a refund which is being processed, but Avios points back in my account within half an hour. Good luck.
Welsh_Dragon is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 20, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post

I had a flight to Paris booked for 1st November, it was cancelled about four to six weeks ago, can’t remember exactly when.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 20, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
MissPiggy2012
VIP Dibber

My flight on 31 October, Gatwick to Orlando International is still showing as scheduled 😳🤪
Old 12 Oct 20, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
zom414
Gone all Goofy

Flight out is 3 weeks today and still not cancelled (LHR - MIA BA0207). I think this flight may have been running all through COVID as well. If BA don't cancel it what do I do regards a refund as the FCO advice is still not to visit the USA and I can't see it changing, especially in the light of today's 3 tier lockdown changes. Will I have to claim via Insurers? Our return flight is from MCO - LGW so perhaps that one will be cancelled?
zom414 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 20, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Doesn't directly answer but our LHR-MCO flight on 1st November hasn't yet been cancelled and they are still selling it.

Fully expect an email cancelling any day though.

Mick
Originally Posted by zom414 View Post
Flight out is 3 weeks today and still not cancelled (LHR - MIA BA0207). I think this flight may have been running all through COVID as well. If BA don't cancel it what do I do regards a refund as the FCO advice is still not to visit the USA and I can't see it changing, especially in the light of today's 3 tier lockdown changes. Will I have to claim via Insurers? Our return flight is from MCO - LGW so perhaps that one will be cancelled?
Ours still not cancelled and I checked the BA site an hour or so ago. They are still selling the flight.

I wondered about us cancelling and it seems that you can get a voucher if you were due to start your journey by 31 October. Nor good for both of us.

We have decided not to go anyway and have cancelled the villa. We decided we wouldn't go anyway even if POTUS opens the borders as if the FCO warning is still in place our insurance is invalid.

Without knowing the terms of your insurance I can't comment but ours wouldn't cover "voluntary" cancellation. It's a question of who's going to blink first - us or BA

We've decided to leave it another week and see if the 31 Oct date has been extended (voucher maybe) or simply cancelled (refund by law). I believe that if neither happens we could cancel and get the taxes back which is a considerable part of the fare.

Mick

Edited at 04:29 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 20, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by zom414 View Post
The BA 209 is the flight that has been running throughout most of lockdown and BA1528 (operated by AA39 ) has run through all of lockdown.

BA 207 is scheduled by BA to re-start on 1 November. However, if your return MCO-LGW flight is cancelled that will allow you to claim a full refund. It may be worth contacting BA (or a travel agent if you have booked through one) to check your options nearer the time. If both flights continue to operate it may be a choice of a voucher if BA change their rules first or an insurance claim. I know it is frustrating having to wait and hopefully you will get an answer soon.

My 14th Oct flight has been cancelled yet I am still getting a departure email about getting ready to travel

Edited at 04:43 PM.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 20, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Ours still not cancelled and I checked the BA site an hour or so ago. They are still selling the flight.

I wondered about us cancelling and it seems that you can get a voucher if you were due to start your journey by 31 October. Nor good for both of us.

We have decided not to go anyway and have cancelled the villa. We decided we wouldn't go anyway even if POTUS opens the borders as if the FCO warning is still in place our insurance is invalid.

Without knowing the terms of your insurance I can't comment but ours wouldn't cover "voluntary" cancellation. It's a question of who's going to blink first - us or BA

We've decided to leave it another week and see if the 31 Oct date has been extended (voucher maybe) or simply cancelled (refund by law). I believe that if neither happens we could cancel and get the taxes back which is a considerable part of the fare.

Mick
Deleted - - as wrong info given.

Edited at 04:40 PM.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 20, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by DisneyCupcake View Post
Deleted - - as wrong info given.
Just deleted my reply

Mick
Old 12 Oct 20, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Just deleted my reply

Mick
Just to add we'd be fairly happy with a voucher that took us to the end of 2021 at least.

We've already booked and paid for BA flights to TPA next April/May (we are supreme optimists ) and we've booked our usual villa for Nov 2021 but obviously can't book flights until around Christmas.

I obviously hope that BA don't take the Mickey with fares but an interesting fact that suggests they may not. We paid exactly the same amount to the penny for our Nov flights as we did for next April which we booked in June.

Another benefit of VA survival is giving BA competition.

Mick
Old 12 Oct 20, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Annie10189
Helping Minnie

Our outbound Dec return Jan got cancelled this week. There was other flights we could have moved to but we've decided (begrudgingly) to leave it this year
Annie10189 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List