Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 Oct 20, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Rach86
Very Serious Dibber

Is this good?

Is this good for 5 people going for 5 weeks. 27th july to 3rd sep. £5858 flights and 7 seater car with insurance. 2022 so i know i could prob get it cheaper etc but ive never been that long or even at this time of year before. Flying into and out of miami. Also dont know who the flights are with, cant see. Is this what im looking at paying? I did see a great deal at half the price in BA sale but that was for next year and i didnt know if it was cheap coz of covid.
My villa booked before covid x
Old 8 Oct 20, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
1RGJ
Getting Excited

I think personally that's really expensive.
I got flights today (flights only), for 5 people £1860.
August dates. 2021
1RGJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 20, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Apricota
slightly serious Dibber

I don't think its great, particularly as Miami and would expect lower cost here. No doubt the return date is a price driver in putting it up, have you tried slightly shorter to return earlier?
Apricota is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 20, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Rach86
Very Serious Dibber

Great thanks for the replies. No those are my dates im going.
Hopefully the BA sale will be just as good for 2022. Ive had such good deals with them just not been for this long before so the car defo bumps it up! X
Old 8 Oct 20, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Looks good to me, quick check on BA makes that booking in the right ballpark.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 20, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Rach86
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by 2point View Post
Looks good to me, quick check on BA makes that booking in the right ballpark.
Really? Its a hard one right, dont wana book incase i get it half the price if i wait and then i dont want the prices to rise. Wish someone else had the job of.booking this part of the holiday haha x
Old 8 Oct 20, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Rach86 View Post
Really? Its a hard one right, dont wana book incase i get it half the price if i wait and then i dont want the prices to rise. Wish someone else had the job of.booking this part of the holiday haha x
Just noticed you are looking at 2022.

The car hire will be a significant part of your budget, probably around £2500. The bookings for a similar period with BA in 2021 are in the right ballpark for your dates. If you were going in 2021 I'd change the end date to the 31st August so I'd be covered by their flexible booking policy (obviously doesn't apply to you at the moment)

Note a 7 seater car is unlikely to have enough room for luggage for 7 people... the cost of a 12 seat minivan is about the same price as a 7 seater.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 20, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi sounds really expensive, flights I know are different at present but the most we have ever paid is £500. A large suv should be big enough for 5 and luggage. Something like a gmc Arcadia. In the past we paid approx 350 for 3 weeks.
Would definitely wait to 330 day mark

Edited at 03:31 PM.
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 20, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Elmhurst 5
Apprentice Imagineer

Flights for 2022 will not be released yet so you will have been given an estimated flight price, which I would worry about unless whoever you are booking with have actually confirmed this price. Who is your booking with as I think its very pricey.
Elmhurst 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 20, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Rach86
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Elmhurst 5 View Post
Flights for 2022 will not be released yet so you will have been given an estimated flight price, which I would worry about unless whoever you are booking with have actually confirmed this price. Who is your booking with as I think its very pricey.
They were travel planners x