Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 21 Aug 08, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Gremlin
Excited about Disney

Gremlin's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DLP first timer question

Hi, We have been to Florida a number of times but think we are going to try a short trip to DLP.

We are trying to do it on a tight budget and although Eurostar takes you right to the door how easy is it to fly and would it be that much cheaper?

I assume we could get a plane and land near Disneyland Paris (not sure what airport) then get the metro or taxi to Disneyland?

Can anyone help with the what airport it is likely to be, the cost of a taxi or metro ticket from there to Disney and any recommendations on flights from Southampton or Bristol?

Basically any ideas or suggestions will be of help thanks..
2017 - Villa @ Glenbrook
2019 - Villa @ Towncenter Resort
Gremlin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 08, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
dizzyc
Imagineer

Its been a while since I went to DLP but we flew from Liverpool and landed at Charles de gaulle(not sure to spell it?). We then got on a disney coach at the airport which took us all the way to our Disney hotel. As far as I can remember the coach was free, it also picked us up when we were due to go home and dropped us at the terminal with ample time to check in for the flight home.

Too many holidays to list! 5 times in Orlando, also done plenty of Caribbean trips & newly converted to cruises (next ones planned for March 2019 & August 2019)
dizzyc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 08, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
dkra2007
Apprentice Imagineer

Just back from 8th trip. We book EasyJet flights to CDG and then take the VEA shuttle from teh terminal (every 45mins)which goes to the Disney hotels. It was 51 euros each way for three of us.
Old 21 Aug 08, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
redwoodysoup
Imagineer

redwoodysoup's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
You can get easyjet flights from Bristol I think to CDG. The times are not great if I remember rightly. If not Air France may fly from there. You can then get the VEA shuttle or even the TGV to DLP from CDG. We're going from BHX in Jan 09 for our first visit and booked it all through the DLP site- includes transfers etc

Days Inn 1996. Ho Jo Maingate West 1998. Wynfield Inn 1999. All Star Sports 2000. Port Orleans Riverside 2003 2005 2007. Wilderness Lodge 2008, 2009. DLP Sequoia Lodge 2009. Bay Lake Tower 2010 2011 2012
redwoodysoup is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 08, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
dizzyc
Imagineer

Don't they do the disney bus anymore then? The one we got on was covered in Disney pictures all over the outside of the bus and had the word Disney sprawled over both sides of it. We didn't have a ticket to get on it - we just showed them we were staying at Santa Fe and the bus-driver let us on. I thought it was similar to the magical Express coach that you can get in Florida. (I haven't been since 2003 thought so maybe they don't provide this transport anymore).

Too many holidays to list! 5 times in Orlando, also done plenty of Caribbean trips & newly converted to cruises (next ones planned for March 2019 & August 2019)
dizzyc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 08, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post

I did it in July.

Easyjet (liverpool) to CDG 2 adults and 2 kids £382
Private transfer 60 euros each way.

i didnt think those prices were to bad, id heard some people had problems queuing for the disney buses.

Hope this helps
Paul
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 08, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
vickiell
slightly serious Dibber

We flew in 2007 and we would never fly there again. The transfers were a good price but the coach took so long to come and then what should of been a 15 minute drive takse over an hour because they go all the back roads. I have now been 11 times and the easiest and cheapest way to go is to drive. With flying there is so much waiting around and with eurostar you don't arrive until midday so you waste half a day. We always drive now (we just thought we would try flying) and we pay for eurotunnel with tesco vouchers. The drive from the tunnel takes just under 3 hours. This year we were in the park by 10.30am on the day we arrived and this was after checking in and the kids having their picture done with mickey mouse.
Old 21 Aug 08, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We did Eurostar, it was brilliant, if you can afford it, do it. I don't think the plane is that much cheaper.

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 08, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
deltakc
Very Serious Dibber

deltakc's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We have been to DLP for the last two years in Oct and are going again this year. We fly Easyjet to Charles de Gaulle and then catch the TGV to the train station at Disney. It may be slightly more expensive than the bus but saves so much time. The first year we took the bus, it was €32 each return and took nealy 2 hours (stopping at every terminal at the airport and then every hotel at Disney). The TGV train takes 10mins and when you come out of the station at Disney you just jump on the free shuttle bus to your hotel.

I suppose it will depend on when you want to go. Easyjet do fly out of Bristol and the flight times are pretty good for extra time at the parks during the week (early morning flights and evening flights home). I would pick you dates, go on the Disney site to work out your accommodation costs and then work out the costs for each of the travelling options till you find the one that suits you best.
Stouffer's Hotel WDW Aug 93; Regal Palms WDW Jun08; Marriott Cypress Harbour WDW Jul 09; Marriott Imperial Palms WDW Jun 10; Marriott Grand Vista WDW Jul 11; Marriott Royal Palms / Regal Palms WDW Jul 12; Marriott Grand Vista/Regal Palms Jul 13; Highlands Reserve Villa Jun / Jul 14; Marriott Harbour Lakes Jun / July 2015; Marriott Royal Palms July 16
deltakc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 08, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
pvbmb01
Imagineer

pvbmb01's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We're going for the first time this year (couldn't afford Florida) - but we're flying with Easyjet from Liverpool - seemed the easiest, cheapest and quickest route to take ... didn't work out that expensive for us either - think it all depends on what time of day you go on the Easyjet website to be honest! xx