Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 22 Jun 09, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post
riverdancefan
Imagineer

riverdancefan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
What an awful experience for you all, it is the type of mistake I could see myself making !

what is no mistake tho - is the standard of your accommodation ...no excuse, it sounds absolutely awful !

I hope you get some redress, I really feel for you children !

It just makes me more determined NEVER to go back to DLP EVER.

keep us up to speed and I wish you all the very best with your claim.
riverdancefan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 09, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
squishy
Imagineer

squishy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
What a shame you've had such a stressful experience. As Hal said, I think the ticket issue was quite clearly explained (as you've written it) but can't see why they couldn't budge when they conceded that you'd only been in for one day...

The brochure we booked from (DLP) clearly states that the Davy Crockett pool is closed in June (can't think why they picked this month) but the standards within the bungalow are clearly unacceptable, as is the rudeness when you tried to address the matter, I'm very surprised as it sounds so un-Disney.

Hope they come back with a good response, please let us know.
squishy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 09, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer2802
Imagineer

Imagineer2802's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 27

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 74
That must be awful!
Sorry to hear you had such a bad time thats nto very disney like at all

2019 - August - Europe on the Magic! 17th Trip!

**~ °o° ~°o° ~ °o°~°o° ~°o° ~ °o°~**
Imagineer2802 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 09, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
lov2dibb
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Guidebook Reviews: 7
What a shame that your trip was spoiled - I really think Disney could have been a bit more understanding with the tickets issue.

As for Davy Crocket - well we had a bad time there too (six years ago). Our cabin was disgustingly filthy as well and staff were really unhelpful. I would never have expected such a poor standard of accomodation at any Disney property:angry:. I am really surprised they get away with it but part of me thinks that's what the French expect (ever stayed in a French ski-resort? ).

The pool was open when we went but IMHO it didn't come up to scratch either - the floor surrounding it was really slippery and I saw quite a few people fall over here

After our bad time here we tried the Disneyland hotel and although it was better I just find the whole atmosphere/attitude of DLP and its employees leaves a LOT to be desired.

You couldn't pay me to go back there again.

Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy

DVC Member: BLT, BCV, SSR
lov2dibb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 09, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

The Davy Ranch is known for being a trailer park dump. Go take a look at pictures on tripadvisor and you will see they are all the same. Disney around the world close pools and parts of hotels and parks without notice. Unfortunately for these sort of things they dont require to give notice however annoying, we found some rides closed without notice.
I doubt you will ever hear back from Disney about this, no one ever does.

In relation to your park tickets. In Florida these sorts of things happen and they are often fixed without problems. However it does clearly state "IMPORTANT – PLEASE ONLY USE ONE PARK PASS PER DAY PER PERSON". I dont know how else this can read other than one pass per day, and you have to remember that people have tried accessing the park with less tickets than required for their party, i.e half the party enter, someone takes tickets out and hands them to the other half who complain they dont work, also people are seen selling old tickets outside the parks. They just dont know how many people went with you and assume you are tricking them. Now if you were french the story would be different.
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 09, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post

You gotta love the French.
There is no translation for good customer service (unless in s decent restaurant).

The tickets were sadly your fault - "once used to enter a park the pass is NOT VALID for entry to either park on ANY OTHE DAY. It does not say anything about using both of your passes on one day." It says there that the pass is invalid for a second day once used.

We went to DSCR years ago; the pool are was superb and the cabins ropey at best. Not what you want to here I'm sure.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 09, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post

Sorry to hear of your terrible experience. Can't believe you weren't allowed in...such an obvious mistake!
Definite a French thing. Same thing happened to us a few years ago with Metro tickets. I mixed them up accidentally not realising they weren't automatically computor counted or noted. 1am in the am and we were locked in a metro station with no way of exiting through the ticket barrier and the place was deserted and we dont speak French. We didnt get out for nearly an hour, until some kind french man (perhaps the only one in Paris!) helped us with his season pass and shuffled us through tightly squeezed in behind him!

We also found the cleanliness an issue in Disney Paris. The toilets in the parks were disgusting!

I agree that these things would probably have been rectified in Florida or California.
Old 22 Jun 09, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
hel1304
Imagineer

hel1304's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I feel so sorry for you & the children. I do hope you manage to get some sort of apology! Mistakes do happen & I agree that 1 ticket should be for use during whole of holiday.

When we went to Florida, we had been to parks etc, & then we went to BB. Nephew did not realise that he had to take his Disney Ticket(! ). CM's were very helpful & checked all our tickets & worked out what no his was, & then let him in - they did not have to but they realised that it was a mistake.

We went to DLP in 2005 & I would definately not waste my money by going back there - I would rather save the extra to go to Florida. I found it very expensive, the people were very rude & unhelpful & the way they just push & shove to get anywhere was unacceptable ImHO.
Old 22 Jun 09, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post

didn't want to read and run i am sorry you had such a bad holiday and hope you can sort it all out soon!
Old 22 Jun 09, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
lausan
VIP Dibber

lausan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 4
Guidebook Photos: 47
what an awful experience for you all hope you get some compensation soon