Notices

Old 24 Jun 09, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
purple myra
Imagineer

purple myra's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by xxSarahxx View Post
Oh Jean, how fabulous. I loved New York and remember your trippies well (it was you that convinced me to go to New York). Enjoy the planning, what will you do this time?
Me too!

Sounds like a fab trip you have planned ... the NYC tourist board should be paying you commission!
purple myra is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 09, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Fantastic Jean. I can tell from your post that you are really excited. Happy planning. Sorry I can't help with the hotels.
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 09, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post

Excellent news Jean... have fun planning.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 09, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
jeanwales
Imagineer

jeanwales's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Another update to let you know how my planning is going!
As I seem to trawl all the NY sites most days my brain is getting full of all sorts of useless information!

Firstly we are still really excited and since i wrote this in June Barbara and I have had various meetings to discuss what we want to do.
We have made a few changes to our original ideas.
One being the hotel.
We have a booking with 'The Hotel at Times Square' and still think that is nice and central and a reasonable price, but as we stayed at the Garden Inn at Times Square and really enjoyed that but it is out of our price range so far for next May but I found a Garden Inn on 28th St in Chelsea at a fab price so have got a hold on a couple of rooms there too.
If we do go for this it will change our itinerary a little bit as it is not so central.
Our plans now look like we may do Empire State Building on the first evening as it is closer after we have been to Kmarts of course! Sorry but prefer that type of shopping to the designer shopping!
We also may be brave and use the bus or subway rather than the hop on buses this time as we are not so central but very near subways. Not sure about getting home from the hotel at night though.
the show we have picked is Billy Elliott.

We are also riding 'The Beast'
the beast
instead of the duck.
We plan to do the brunch cruise still and also walk the bridge and Central Park.
We have now decided not to do a long day trip out this trip but instead visit Secauceus - there is a free shuttle from the Port Authority and it means I can show Barbara Walmarts and Sams!

Just thought I would let you all know I am still soooooooooooooooo excited!

Clarion Inn formerly Comfort Inn LBV twice a year since 1991
jeanwales is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 09, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
daisydoo
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi Jean

It's me You are going to be sick of hearing from me today !

LOVE the look of The Beast - that's my kind of thing Just something else to add to my ever growing list of things to do (all thanks to you of course).

Don't know about you not being able to wait til next May for your trip - I will be taking every step of that trip with you

Itinierary looks fab at the moment - no doubt it will change several times from now til May - I think you should add some extra days to your trip

Take Care

Daisydoo
daisydoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 09, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
jeanwales
Imagineer

jeanwales's Reviews
Originally Posted by daisydoo View Post
Hi Jean

I think you should add some extra days to your trip

Take Care

Daisydoo
Love that idea but sadly my boss wouldn't as I already have all my holidays booked up to next october and have to scrape quite a few lieu days to make them up!

jeanwales is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 09, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post

Your itinery looks great. I've just pinched some ideas from it for our first trip in July(hope you don't mind). I've also just taken a look at the beast website. My 17yr old(will be 18 when we go) son would love that instead of the ferry ride. Keep the ideas coming. Thanks.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 09, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
jeanwales
Imagineer

jeanwales's Reviews
I have just had an email from Viator offering 9% off on the 9th of the 9th so may start doing a couple of bookings of the things we are going to do

Old 5 Sep 09, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
highland lass
Imagineer

i'm excited for you must do new york one day
Old 15 Sep 09, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
jeanwales
Imagineer

jeanwales's Reviews
Well, we now have the hotel sorted.
When we went last November we stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Times Square but the prices this year were extortionate. Hence us having a booking on the other two - well I just checked out their website and the price had dropped to a good rate if we paid upfront. so we now have our rooms booked so all set! Need to find better places to eat than last time (Apart from Ellens) I am sure we can find some nice restaurants there.
We managed to book a cruise and the TOTR tickets on viator to get our discounts on the 9/9/9/.