Notices

Old 25 Apr 10, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post

Well, after doing nothing much about planning for a few weeks, I've got back into it this week.

Earlier in the week I ordered £170 days out vouchers (to use on the London bus tour and London Bridge Experience) and £80 each of cafe Rouge and Bella Italia vouchers - only to find when they came, all the vouchers are the same anyway! Not that it matters as that makes them more flexible. So hopefully that's a good start for our weekend in London.

Today, I did our ESTA and API info and booked Tom a child's meal on the plane. I also booked our seats but eek, obviously I've left it late as there were hardly any seats left available to be booked. Oh, well!

Finally, I booked our airport transfers with Supershuttle, so OH won't have to drive as soon as we get off the plane. I'll let him have one evening before he has to do the trek to Las Vegas

Still to do...
Pay off balance of holiday - £700 due by 7th June but I'm hanging onto it as long as I can. Mr Branson isn't getting my bank interest.
Park tickets - thinking about the SoCal Pass as it covers everywhere we want to go.
Save up more spending money - I don't think the £500 we have so far is going to do it somehow!
Print out various confirmations and booking references
Book Disney dining experiences (after I've decided where to go). Would love to eat at Blue Bayou as I've always fancied it in Disneyland Paris. Think you can book 60 days beforehand.

There's probably lots more...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 10, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
joandwayne
VIP Dibber

joandwayne's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 20
I will be really interested to hear about your plans and your trip. We are doing West Coast next year - LA, Las Vegas and San Francisco.

AKL, Walt Disney World, July 2017, AKL, Walt Disney World, August 2016, Washington DC, California (Disney) and New York, August 2015, AKL, Walt Disney World, August 2014, West Coast USA and Disney Aulani, Hawaii, August 2013, Old Key West, Walt Disney World, Oct 2012, West Coast USA, Aug 2011, New York, April 2011, May 2009, Port Orleans, Walt Disney World, Oct 2010, Disney Cruise, May 2010, POP Century, Walt Disney World, Nov 2008, May 2007, Oct 2005, Kissimee Oct 2003, Oct 1990
joandwayne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 10, 07:13 AM  
Link to this Post

67 days to go

Booked our So Cal tickets with Attraction Tickets Direct. That's one more thing off the list.

Also, I've booked tickets for Hannah and I to see Wicked in London. It means seeing two shows in one day but I think it should be do-able. That Over The Rainbow show has a lot to answer for as that's where I've seen the songs from it.

We still need to find out best (and cheapest) way to travel from Heathrow airport into London - all a bit scary but I'm sure we'll work it out.
Old 17 May 10, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Sounds like it will be a fab trip and you are packing lots in.

We drove from Vegas to LA back in 2005 and it was a great experience. We are hoping to do the West Coast next year and will definately do that drive (or in reverse) again!
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 10, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Hal
Gloria sic transit mundi.

Hal's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 17
Originally Posted by chocaholic110 View Post
We still need to find out best (and cheapest) way to travel from Heathrow airport into London ...
Underground will be the cheapest. Info on child tickets and Oystercards can be found here.

Make sure you check out the Dibb's London planning thread here.

Owner at Marriott Marbella Beach, Cypress Harbour, & Harbour Lake; and DVC OKW & BLT.

There are only two ways to live your life.
One is as though nothing is a miracle.
The other is as though everything is a miracle.

Edited at 10:02 PM.
Hal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 10, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Oh that looks good can't wait for our different trip either..
Old 17 May 10, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post

Looking good! I'm a bit wary about booking anything else for my trip incase the volcano starts up again! *lol*
Old 20 May 10, 05:57 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Hal View Post
Underground will be the cheapest. Info on child tickets and Oystercards can be found here.

Make sure you check out the Dibb's London planning thread here.

Very useful, thanks a lot!
Old 28 May 10, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Jannine
Excited about Disney

Sounds very exciting
I'm doing my own research as we don't want to miss anything, we fly in Las Vegas 21/7 & out of L.A 6/08.
Would love to share any tips
Our Itinery - Vegas / Bishop / Fresno / Monterey / Solvang / Anaheim
Expecting lots of driving! nice weather & hopefully the California dream
Old 28 May 10, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicki G
Imagineer

Nicki G's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 7
We drove San Fran to San Diego last year along coast road, fantastic trip and loved every minute of it.

We stayed in Holiday Inn Express San Diego Downtown. Fantastic hotel, cheap, clean and well placed. Only downside is you had to pay for parking but this is common. It was a short 5 min drive to Balboa Park where you will find San Diego Zoo and about 10-15 mins walk to Gaslamp District where tons of restuarants and shops.

We used public transport a lot in San Diego as so easy, convenient and cheap.

Driving is a doddle so long as you use a decent road map. We bought one in Walgreens for around $5

Have a fantastic time

Nicki
Nicki G is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List