Notices

Old 8 Dec 10, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post

Two scoops sir? Make it three, I'm not driving. NYC Dec 2010

The title for my trip report this year is a quote from Home Alone 2, when Kevin is being served ice cream. Me and my family are huge fans of the film!

This is mine and my boyfriends second time to New York, and my Mum's, Dad's and 14 year old brothers first time.

I like to plan holidays as much as possible, whilst this is some people's nightmare, I like to go home knowing I've made the most of my time there!

Details
Total price of the holiday including flights with virgin, two hotel rooms, limo transfer and empire state building tickets is £4870.50. For 5 nights from the 17th-22nd December.

We are travelling up to Heathrow on the 16th via coach (boo hate coach) and staying over at the travel lodge for 1 night. Last time we caught the midnight coach and went straight to the airport and it pretty much killed us, so overnight stay was a must this time.

Outbound flight is 17th December at 9.20, arriving JFK at 12.20 there time.

We have booked a limo, through virgin, to pick us up from the airport and take us to the hotel. My little brother knows nothing about it, and we have booked the limo in his name so the driver will be holding a card up for him, his name is Harry Potter!

We are staying at the Comfort Inn Manhattan, we've heard mixed reviews about it. But - the location is great, and our experience from last year is that you are hardly in your hotel anyway.

Itinerary
Friday - day we arrive
Last year due to the overnight coach I was in bed and asleep by 4.30 nyc time. So this time, we are hoping to walk up to times square and have a quick wonder around and have some dinner. The plan is to go to Applebees. We were going to go somewhere a bit more special but thought we probably won't have massive appetites anyway, so saved the better restaurants for another night.

Saturday
We have pre booked Statue of liberty crown tickets for 9am. Me and my mum are debating whether to do the crown, as we are both scared of heights and terribly unfit, we don't want to kill ourselves that early when the rest of the day is ahead of us!
Rest of the day is as follows - World trade centre - Century 21 - Wall Street - Brooklyn Bridge - Canal Street - Times Square
We may go to the cinema tonight depending on how tired we are. We are hoping to either see Tron or Narnia. Then we are heading to virgill's real barbecue for dinner.

Sunday
We are going to do top of the rock early, probably between 8 and 9am.
Times Square shops for opening 10am - then the rest of the day is as follows
St Patrick’s Cathedral - 5th Avenue shops - Disney Store
Lunch at Hale and Hearty Soups
Rockefella - FAO Schwarz - Apple store - Plaza Hotel just for photo ops - Bloomingdales -
Dinner at Mama Mexico 214 East 49th Street – between 2nd and 3rd avenue. As we are huge mexican fans!

Monday
Breakfast as the dinar next to the beacon hotel.
Central Park
Natural History Museum between 10 and 11. We are all really looking forward to this so want to give it plenty of time.
Dinner – Max Brenner’s - for the chocolate desserts!

Tuesday
Macy’s for opening - as we are literally around the corner from it!
Library - Grand Central Station
Snack at Junior’s Cheesecake!
Chrysler Building
Lunch - Carnegie Deli 854 7th Avenue at 55th Street
Rockafeller Centre
TKTS booth – 2PM
Empire state building when dark
Ellen’s stardust diner
Show

Wednesday
This is my Mum's birthday, but also the day we are going home!
Central Park
Horse and Carriage Ride
We will also visit anywhere else we may have missed or fancy seeing again before heading to the airport and home!

I promise I will do a trip report ASAP after getting back with lots of photos as I know when you are waiting to go how exciting it is reading a new trip report!

Edited at 10:47 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 10, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post

sounds great and makes me even more excited about our trip . . .just wish we were going sooner

Have a great time!
Old 8 Dec 10, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post

will look forward to the feedback on max brenners and the places that you dine in especially as looking for inspiration LOL etc
Old 9 Dec 10, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post

Sounds fab, i am sure you will all have an amazing time, look forward to reading your trip report on your return!
Old 9 Dec 10, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List