Notices

Old 5 Jan 11, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by chocaholic110 View Post
We missed Mapman's map as well. If you're going to be doing a fair bit of driving, I would suggest a Satnav. We would have been seriously lost without ours... and probably divorced too!
We may well do that. I've ordered the LA Streetwise map. I'll see how good that is and go from there.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 11, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
bluesky30
Imagineer

Have you looked at the insight flexi maps? We use these all the time in the US they really good, found it invaluable last month in NYC
bluesky30 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 11, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
bluesky30
Imagineer

Have you looked at the insight flexi maps? We use these all the time in the US they really good, found it invaluable last month in NYC
bluesky30 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 11, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by bluesky30 View Post
I found one on Amazon yesterday, but the review was that it was a bit 'useless'. I wouldn't normally base my judgement on one review (and there was only one review) but seeing as Streetwise had lots of good reviews I went for that one. If I don't think the Streewise map is very good I might stick it on ebay and try the Insight one.

Thanks for the tip
Old 5 Jan 11, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Cyclospora
Imagineer

Cyclospora's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Sorry - realised I did have a 2 bedroom suite - DD won the toss of the coin so DS had the bedsettee and DD had one of the bedrooms and DH and I had the other. DS was happy as he had a big telly!

May tomorrow be a perfect day - may you find love and laughter along the way...
Cyclospora is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 11, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post

A lovely restaurant to try is buca di beppo it had amazing food reasonably priced too.
Old 6 Jan 11, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post

Question

Originally Posted by pooh73 View Post
A lovely restaurant to try is buca di beppo it had amazing food reasonably priced too.
adding to my noteboook...

Originally Posted by Cyclospora View Post
Sorry - realised I did have a 2 bedroom suite - DD won the toss of the coin so DS had the bedsettee and DD had one of the bedrooms and DH and I had the other. DS was happy as he had a big telly!
I thought it looked a nice size
Two or three things I've been wondering about...
We've never stayed in a hotel for more than 1 night (apart from our honeymoon but that was 18 years ago), what happens with room service. Do they come in, replace towels and make beds everyday? Would they leave the sofa bed as a sofa bed if it had been slept on, or would they change it back into a sofa every day and we have to change it back to a sofa bed every evening? It does say 'turn down service available on request'... is this a payable extra? How did it work on your visit?

Also, would we need to take any of our own shower gel, shampoo and conditioner or can you ask for more when you run out? I'm guessing they have pool towels like the Hyatt at Orlando airport.

Oh yes, and the fridge. Is it one of those like at the Hard Rock Hotel where just opening it leaves your purse a bit emptier, or is it a 'real' fridge that you can pop your own drinks and snacks in?

And, while I'm thinking...did you get more than one room key?

Sorry so many questions
Old 6 Jan 11, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Cyclospora
Imagineer

Cyclospora's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by choccieaddict View Post
We've never stayed in a hotel for more than 1 night (apart from our honeymoon but that was 18 years ago), what happens with room service. Do they come in, replace towels and make beds everyday? Would they leave the sofa bed as a sofa bed if it had been slept on, or would they change it back into a sofa every day and we have to change it back to a sofa bed every evening? It does say 'turn down service available on request'... is this a payable extra? How did it work on your visit?

Also, would we need to take any of our own shower gel, shampoo and conditioner or can you ask for more when you run out? I'm guessing they have pool towels like the Hyatt at Orlando airport.

Oh yes, and the fridge. Is it one of those like at the Hard Rock Hotel where just opening it leaves your purse a bit emptier, or is it a 'real' fridge that you can pop your own drinks and snacks in?

And, while I'm thinking...did you get more than one room key?

Sorry so many questions
Yes they come in every day and make beds and leave fresh towels and replace toiletries (we put unused ones in our bag to make sure we've always got enough as sometimes there will only be 2 between 4 of you.)

I think the sofa bed was changed back every day but it was just a matter of unfolding it (the sheets were put on it) and then grabbing the quilt and pillows from the cupboard. Was never a problem.

Loads of pool towels - lovely to wrap yourself in if there is a dive in movie!

You have Outback and Red Robin just across the road - both great - did you see the pic of the onion rings in my trippy? lol!

We found it really easy to get around as it's on a grid system - for example to get to Knotts Berry farm it's something like go right for 5 miles then right for 5 miles!

May tomorrow be a perfect day - may you find love and laughter along the way...
Cyclospora is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 11, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post

Yes they come in every day and make beds and leave fresh towels and replace toiletries (we put unused ones in our bag to make sure we've always got enough as sometimes there will only be 2 between 4 of you.)
thanks, I'll add a couple of miniatures when I pack, just in case.

I think the sofa bed was changed back every day but it was just a matter of unfolding it (the sheets were put on it) and then grabbing the quilt and pillows from the cupboard. Was never a problem.
that sounds good.

Loads of pool towels - lovely to wrap yourself in if there is a dive in movie!
Dive-in movie? DD Katie will be pleased! She missed the dive-on movie when we stayed one night at the Hard Rock Hotel in Orlando because we were all too tired!

You have Outback and Red Robin just across the road - both great - did you see the pic of the onion rings in my trippy? lol!
I did! I don't think I'd go near DH for a month if he ate that many We did the Outback in Orlando. We'll definitely eat at the Outback when we go.

We found it really easy to get around as it's on a grid system - for example to get to Knotts Berry farm it's something like go right for 5 miles then right for 5 miles!
That sounds nice and easy. Definitely want to go there too, I like the sound of the ghost town theming and the kids will be happy with the coasters.

Thanks again for the info, great
Old 17 Jan 11, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Eeyore118
Proud to wear my Ears

Hi We stayed here in April. Booked for 11 nights and ended up staying for 17 due the volcanic ash. The hotel is lovely. The fridge is a good size and for your own us. There are tea/coffee making facilities in the room and the housekeeping staff were happy to give us extra tea and coffee whenever we asked. The staff were great. We used the free bus to Disneyland. It was reliable and much easier than taking the car. There is a Target just across the road which has a small grocery section. We hope you have an great time.

My DD has just said she is so jealous of your countdown.