Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 5 Jan 12, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
oh_darling
VIP Dibber

Also, we found the food on the Eurostar to be megaaaaaa pricey so this time we'll be taking plenty of our own drinks and snacks to keep us going!
oh_darling is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 12, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
tinkerbell5
Imagineer

We take our own snacks with us, crips etc in the case and we go to the garage near Sante Fe to buy some beers and bottles of pop for the room, I usually fill up a cola bottle and take my own to the parks, they are very expensive in the parks,
tinkerbell5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 12, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
There is an M&S food at St Pancras which can be useful for Eurostar.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 12, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by meboo View Post
You will see lots of people stocking up at breakfast and hiding food in bags! I would take some clingfilm or sandwich bags. They serve ham and cheese and bread rolls at breakfast so we made couple up for lunch, but they never survived beyond mid morning! There is a McDonald's in Disney village and we found it was not particularly expensive. Certainly didn't seem to be inflated prices. You can hire a kettle for your room (refundable deposit, but quite high, maybe E25?) and we took a couple of mugs and sachets of cappucino for when we got in in the evening. I have not been, but I have heard the petrol station at Santa Fe is reasonable for drinks and crisps etc. They are not easy to buy in Disney village
We always eat well at breakfast and make cheese+ham rolls to take into the park, I used to get really embarassed about DH doing this and tried to stop him but now I've seen so many people do it and it is almost accepted by the hotel staff that I actually pack sandwich bags now. At most we buy a coffee and a brioche during the day and eat in the disney village at night. There is no charge for having a kettle in the room, just a deposit in case you don't return it, sometimes we've found a kettle left in the room anyway, I take teabags/coffee etc with me and if I can those little mini milk cartons, but the hotel shop normally sells 1/2pt milk cartons, we pinch a couple of mugs from breakfast to make drinks in the room, and if we want a drink the hotel shops sell cans of beer and bottles of wine, not as cheap as the petrol station but cheaper than the hotel bar! I personally think it is the fast food at DLP that is overpriced eg the hotdogs at Caseys etc but don't find the other restaurants too expensive considering what you can get, Cafe Mickey is expensive but you are paying for the characters too. Earl of Sandwich wasn't open last time we went but definitely going to try it next trip, only problem for us was that there aren't really any 'plain' sandwiches for the kids. There is also a few shops in the train station where you can buy crisps etc to snack on in the park, and we always take water bottles and fill them up at the water fountains all over the parks
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 12, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Don't forget you can just have a main course in cafe Mickey if you want.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 12, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
jojj
Disney Mad Scrapbooker!

£100 a day for 4 should be fine

Dont forget that you can always upgrade your breakfast from the hotel to a character breakfast at cafe mickey! you just pay the difference, we have done that a couple of times! you need to ask them at the dining reservations in the hotel, not at the reception desk! a bit of a cheaper way to get a character breakfast! lol!

hth
which hotel are you staying in?
xx

WDW -97, 05, 06, 2009/2010, 2011
DLC - 1998
DLP -17 Times
jojj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 12, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

currently you pay £13 per person (adults and children) to upgrade to breakfast at Cafe Mickey. thats £52 for a family of 4. you could share pizza and sides there for lunch or dinner for just about the same price, and you see more characters at lunch and dinner (especially dinner) at Cafe Mickey over breakfast.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 12, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

We take a loaf of bread and some nutella and make our sons sandwiches for lunch. This time, as we were on a tight budget we also bought a french stick on the way home and made baguettes in the room to take for our lunch too. We did have a fridge in the room to keep things fresh.

I dont want to offend anyone, but in my opinion, making food to take into the park from the breakfast buffet is really a form of stealing. Its breakfast, not lunch and this subsequently pushes up the prices for all. I hope the hotels do get more hot on stopping it.
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 12, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
jojj
Disney Mad Scrapbooker!

I suppose sooner or later they will just start giving you only a certain amount of items on a tray for example, rather than help yourself, so that you cant take loads and loads of stuff!

One of the joys of a Disney holiday for me is eating lol! So I like to try and budget for eating some of the lovely things in the Disney parks, like the bakery along main street! we love it in there and always have a cake! or a croque monsieur in the one round the corner at the end of main street ( cant remember what it is called!), they are quite inexpensive! We love the Mickey Pizzas too and the fries at caseys! oooh yum yum!

xx

WDW -97, 05, 06, 2009/2010, 2011
DLC - 1998
DLP -17 Times
jojj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 12, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
MidwifeMatilda
Helping Mickey

MidwifeMatilda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Great thread.
We're going next week and I have been panicking about budgeting, but this has given me some good ideas. Unlucky for me, my daughter is going through a massive growth spurt and keeps eating, hopefully iy's over by next week

AS we're driving I'm going to take cereal bars and fruit like apples and oranges for my lunch and just get an adult meal for me and my daughter to share for lunch, and have dinner in the disney village.

Great tips though so far
MidwifeMatilda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread