Link to this Post
Hannikins
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 6
Guidebook Photos: 135
Washington Restaurants

Matchbox

Easy walk from our hotel, it gets good recommendations on trip advisor.

Famous mainly for pizza I also want to try the sliders which look YUMMY!

Ella wood fire grill

ANOTHER pizza place but it's again near to hotel so I'm thinking of heading here for a VERY late dinner when we arrive

Fogo de chao

Mainly a treat for adam and at $50 each lets hope he eats enough meat for the two of us! We missed out on texas de brazil in Orlando so this is really to make up for it

Old Ebbitt Grill

Planned in for our final day, an early dinner before we head back to the airport. The salads and sandwiches sound nice so i thought it worth a stop just for the setting if nothing else

Central Michel Richard

I read some great things on trip advisor about this place and the menu looks amazing

I've already decided I'm having the cheese puffs and fried chicken, which both get rave reviews on trip advisor.

Nov 16-Shanghai & Japan - In Progress
Nov 15-Hong Kong & Singapore - Coming Soon!
June 15-Rome & Florence
Dec 14-WDW | 13-WDW | 12-DLP | 12-NY&DC | 11-West Coast | 10-DLP | 09-WDW
Hannikins is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 12, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisaf23
Proud to wear my Ears

Loving all these food pics. I visited NYC June 2010 and junior's cheesecake is amazing! Also if u are looking for some proper NYC pizza you must try john's pizzeria near times sq, best pizza I have ever had

Sept 2012 - IDrive & Hard Rock Hotel
Sept 2014 - Idrive, Hard Rock Hotel & SSR
Sept 2016 - HONEYMOON - New York, Hard Rock Hotel & Beach Club
Sept 2017 - Art of Animation
Lisaf23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 12, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Hannikins
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
i can't wait for the cheesecake, might even get it on our first night ;P

We are doing a pizza tour which has 3-4 stops so I've not looked at any pizza restaurants in case of an overload, but John's does look nice though.

June 15-Rome & Florence
Hannikins is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 12, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
tonymc
Imagineer

tonymc's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 19
Originally Posted by Lisaf23 View Post
junior's cheesecake is amazing! Also if u are looking for some proper NYC pizza you must try john's pizzeria near times sq, best pizza I have ever had
Would second these as well. At John's, three of us shared a large starter, massive pizza, and all had drinks including a beer for myself, and the bill was $32 (excluding tip! ) which we thought was excellent value.

We also visited Juniors bakery after our evening bus tour, and all three of us again enjoyed the food - a quite reasonable $15 for a cheesecake, massive ice cream, and three drinks.
2024 The Retirement Roadshow – Part 2:Alaska, 2023 4th Time lucky - Aus & NZ, 2022 Cruising and Tuscany, 2020 A second unexpected staycation - Budapest to West Wales!, 2019 It’s Disney... but not as we know it!,2017 CA Possibly, Maybe, Definitely..,2016 Economy and a Studio Just Isn't Good Enough!
tonymc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 12, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

Blimey, some of those food places just look amazing. My mouth is watering! You are a great planner!
Glee Fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 12, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Hannikins
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
New York Restaurants

Now these are my best cse scenario, some are VERY difficult to get reservations for so I may have to give up on some of them if I don't get there quick enough

ANYWAY

Tony Di Napoli
This is my choice the the night we arrive, only if we have time, otherwise it will be cheese cake at juniors and a hot dog at the stadium.

Portions are BIG and meant to be shared. MY mum and dad went here and didn't realise, they were stuffed!

River Cafe
I'd originally wanted to go here for brunch but I've only just realised that the sunday we are there is mothers day in the US so I missed the reservation, instead we'll be going for a normal lunch before walking back over the brooklyn bridge.

It's under the bridge itself, on a barge

Doesn't look like much but it has a Michelin star and the view is supposed to be amazing.

Barbarini
Picked this place for when we are down in the financial district. It's actually a gourmet deli but it has tables outside and at the back.

I cant wait to try the fresh pasta

BLT Steak
This one I don't think we'll make because of location and timings, but as this is the restaurant the winner of Hell's kitchen ended up at Adam wants to go.

We are thinking of a burger lunch here if we can

Eleven Madison Park
This is the one I think we'll struggle for a reservation for, I've done a few trial runs and when it opens at 28 days beforehand at 9am all tables have usually gone by 9.15am. So a bit like booking ADR's in the summer season I imagine! This is a birthday treat for Adam. It's a 3 star Michelin restaurant and we've never gone that 'high' and he wants to say he's been to one (don't ask me why, I don't understand it either). These places scare me stiff so wish me luck!

They don't have a menu, you just pick the main ingredients like 'carrot' and they make a dish for you based on your likes and dislikes

Here's 'Pork'

For those who are interested there's a great little food bloggers write up here

While reading up on the place I also found out that it's a SATC 'spot' It's where Big tells Carrie he's engaged

Sorry it's such bad quality, it's the fullest I could find :/

Gramercy Tavern
After blowing the budget at EMP we can't afford to eat in the main dining room but we are going to try and get a seat in the main tavern, they don't take reservations for this area so we'll just have to hope we get lucky

June 15-Rome & Florence

Edited at 09:52 PM.
Old 7 Apr 12, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi

Have just finished reading your honeymoon trip and saw this, I can recommend ths Tick Tock diner which is in The New Yorker Hotel on 34th and 8th both for breakfast and dinner... Not sure where you'd fit it into your plans though!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 12, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Hannikins
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by *Zoe* View Post
Hi

Have just finished reading your honeymoon trip and saw this, I can recommend ths Tick Tock diner which is in The New Yorker Hotel on 34th and 8th both for breakfast and dinner... Not sure where you'd fit it into your plans though!
I know! with the free breakfast at the hotel I think I'm going to be missing out on some great breakfast places

June 15-Rome & Florence
Old 8 Apr 12, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post

At least it's one less thing to plan! I am amazed at how much you're fitting in, then again, we spent 6 hours in Macy's...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 12, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Hannikins
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
UPDATE

Managed to secure jimmy Fallon reservation tickets yesterday, so providing we turn up on time we'll be there. Adam's been looking at film releases around that time and has all his fingers and toes crossed for Cameron Diaz as a guest.

I on the other hand will be crossing all my fingers and toes that I am equally successful with my EMP reservation over the weekend... wish me luck!

June 15-Rome & Florence