Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30 Mar 17, 02:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Bankrupt again?! Day Five - IHOP, Typhoon Lagoon, Bahama Breeze

We decided to head out for breakfast today, and were planning to try Kekes Breakfast cafe, but thanks to my bad co-pilot navigation skills we took a wrong turn, so we headed for the nearest IHOP instead. We went to the one at Vinelands. It was a first time for all of us, so quite an event I think! I was sporting my Stitch ears, which got a few glances. (I am telling myself admiring, not 'crazy'!)

We ordered a variety of food, pancakes, bacon, syrup, for me and Bethany, Chicken and Waffles for George and Harry and Eggs, sausages and hash browns for Terry. And what they call Tea. Mmm.

Our server, Joel, started doing close up magic for us while we ate, he was actually really good too! We were all suitably wowed by his talent.

I bought my second mug of the holiday (I already got Terry a Grumpy mug in MK) an IHOP MUG! YAY!

We all agreed, yummy breakfast. We left a good tip, after all we got breakfast and a show.
Back in the car, we were off to Typhoon Lagoon, my favourite park. We got there about 10:20, and went to find my favourite spot, next to Typhoon tillys, and settled in, only to realise there was a brand new ride right next to us, Misadventure Falls, with a very noisy speaker belting out a strong scottish accent - 'put suncream on' and 'socks and sandals' repeated very loudly over and over. I decided we should move. So we did. Then we headed for the massive wave pool. The kids loved it, I just got really badly swept away and landed in a very undignified manner in a mans legs. Oops.

Missadventure Falls was a brilliant ride though, it seats up to four in a huge donut, and then climbs up, before sending you down a long wide slide, we all loved it. Crush n gusher next, again, brilliant and then some mad body slides that sent my costume into places I thought I would never retrieve it from.
Time to relax a bit so I had a bit of a nap, and then read my book, with my feet in the lovely white sand. I love the vibe in this park, the beach boys music, the funny whistle, the trees, and the chilled atmosphere its really nice.

Once we had all had enough, we headed home, but stopped briefly at Vinelands Premium Outlet, Harry wanted to look for football boots and got some Jordans in the Nike store. He was a very happy bunny.

For dinner we went out to Baham Breeze, on International Drive. We sat inside, which on reflection was a mistake, because it was freezing! Note to others - sit outside. The food was plentiful, we had mixed appetisers, onion rings, coconut shrimp, nachos etc, then I had my favourite, Steak chipotle, its a delicious chilli type dish, with sweetcorn, black beans, rice etc. Bethany had ribs, George and Harry had Jerk chicken sandwich, and Terry had Steak Oscar with mashed potatoes. My wine was a bargain tonight at $8 a glass so I had two glasses. We love the reggae music here!

We had far too much food but it was all GOOD.

Now we need to go to sleep early as we are up at six am tomorrow to go to Universal lord help us.
(George doesnt do mornings.) wish me luck.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List