Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 3 Apr 17, 02:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Bankrupt again? Epcot, Garden Grill, Chick-Fil-A Fail, and more Wine!

After some much needed sleep (we only went into Magic Kingdom yesterday from 4-9pm but we were exhausted) we woke up at a reasonable time and headed off to Epcot.

We were hoping to do Soarin before breakfast but depsite arriving just after the park opened, the queue time was showing as 80 minutes, so sadly, we didnt get to do it this time, which was a shame as I was looking forward to the new version. The tiered fastpass system for this park is very restrictive...
Never mind, we had a tasty breakfast at Garden Grill with Chip n Dale to look forward to!
We sat down in our lovely little booth, which was on a revolving platform, and our server came along and said that today was Chip n Dales birthday! How exciting! Is that for real or do you think she says that every day? ! Anyway, when Chip came along, we dutifully sang Happy Birthday and added 'how old are yooooooou? One hundred twoooooo?!' Ha ha he thought it was very funny, and started walking as if he had a zimmer frame!

Breakfast arrived, it was yummy, a warm cinammon iced bun, which was heaven on a plate (mostly my plate if I am honest) followed by sausages, eggs, bacon, potato tots and mickey waffles, mmmm
Sorry for the awful photo, we demolished it before I remembered to take a photo!

The characters all came to visit our table, they especially seemed to like Terry, look at his happy little face!

With our bellies satisfied and full, we headed over to Living with the Land, a quaint little boat ride that goes through greenhouses etc showing how we can grow food more ecologically. I said it felt a bit like a school educational trip, but it was kind of brilliant, and gave our food time to digest before our first fastpass - Test Track.

The kids really enjoyed designing their virtual cars, and we all died laughing at the super fast driving bit at the end, my hair looked hilarious when I got off the ride! I would share a photo, but the photopass took a photo of a completely different family..?

There was a chap in the queue, sketching into a book, he was very good at it too, not something you see everyday! He didnt mind me taking this photo -

George and Harry went off to do Mission Space, which we all decided to opt out of. Instead, we went to see Baymax, he is so cute but he didnt say 'Falalalala'

While we waited for them, I snuck into the gift shop and got a cute little Epcot mug, (mug number three) When we get home Terry will say we already have way too many mugs, but I love them! 💜

We all met up in Club Cool, George and Harry were feeling quite queasy after Mission Space, but we still all had a good taste of all the fizzy pop from around the world...I mean Disney giving away free drinks? ! Get stuck in kids! We loved the Fanta Pineapple, and Melon, but the Beverley...not so much.

Its like weird tasting Tonic water. Here is Bethanys 'Beverley' face...!

I announced that I would very much like to take a leisurely stroll around the showcase, to see all the flowers, the Flower and Garden festival is amazing, each year they plant 30 million blooms...mind blowing! The boys were not keen. Last time we came, they literally dragged me round the showcase, got pizza, and then dragged me out. This year wasnt much different, except there was no pizza, as we were still full from breakfast. But we did see some lovely blooms...

It was getting really hot now, so we decided to leave, we had a really lovely morning here, its a great park, I think you need to do it in two halves to see it properly, Futureworld and Showcase. We are popping back on Wednesday evening to see Illuminations and do Frozen Ever after ride.

George wanted to try Chick-Fil-A so we popped the address into Dora the Explorers sat nav, and we were heading down Apopka Vineland Road, in search of chicken. I was telling the kids how fantastic Chick-Fil-A are as a company, they have great ethics, they are a Christian organisation etc, when we arrived to find that because it was Sunday, it was CLOSED. NO CHICKEN!
An epic fail. Sorry kids! So, we still dont know what it tastes like, probably for the best given the calories. We made a quick stop at Walmart for more wine supplies, as we had decided to stay in again tonight, and just swim and relax for the rest of the day. We had baked potatoes, salad, corn on the cob, and Heinz Beans! Tomorrow we are hoping to go to Blizzard Beach, weather permitting, (its a little stormy at the moment.) Step count today 13,000.

Goodnight!

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816

Edited at 12:53 PM.
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List