Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 1 Apr 17, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Smithy78
Excited about Disney

Mobile

This is fab, I need some inspiration for QS meals.
Hope you are having a fab holiday.
Smithy78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 17, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
bigplan415
Getting Excited

Great report Vickie. Fairfax fare meals look like a tasty interesting option at HS.
bigplan415 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 17, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Ycryan
Imagineer

Ycryan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 34
Love the breakfast at BOG, only ever had the open sandwich with poached egg, bacon and brie. That's great news it now comes on a croissant, I think I will prefer that too. x
Old 1 Apr 17, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Really enjoying your food report. You have always given great advice on the Dibb re: food particularly. Were you at Disney last Easter? We were, for our first trip and I know we had lots of advice from you then.
We have just booked our second trip for POFQ for Oct 2018 and upgraded the free qsdp to ddp as we have 2 birthdays so felt we would benefit with ts credits. We were at AoA last year so no dining plan at Easter so looking forward to having the dining plan next year.
Have a great holiday 😊
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 17, 02:56 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Day 3 - CBR, Outback Steakhouse and Sunshine Seasons

Today was our first offsite TS meal in 5 visits! Having the dining plan is plenty of food for us but when we took the decision not to upgrade our qsdp, I decided that we'd do a few oop meals as a compromise.

However, first was breakfast at the CBR food court. We used 3 qs credits between the four of us and used our resort mugs so swapped our drinks for snack credits. We had:
Me - Create your own yoghurt parfait - natural yoghurt with a choice of fillings/toppings. I had fresh raspberries and almond flakes. This was classed as a snack credit so replaced Andy's drink.
Andy - Bounty platter: scrambled eggs, sausages, bacon, breakfast potatoes, French toast and a 'biscuit'.
Izzy - Pancakes with sausages and a pain au chocolat as her snack.
Brodie - Chocolate chip pancakes with sausages and a double chocolate chip muffin as his snack.

I had the POR version of the create your own yoghurt parfait regularly last year, and the yoghurt was really smooth and creamy. This one seemed coarser in texture, if that makes sense? Not sure if the two resorts use different yoghurt or if they've changed suppliers, but last year's was nicer. I gave this one a thorough stir to try and make it smoother and it seemed to help. It was tasty still and I ate it all. There's quite a variety of fillings/toppings that you can have, but I was happy with just raspberries and flaked almonds (I had walnuts at POR).

Andy enjoyed his breakfast but didn't touch the biscuit. I really don't get them at all. On the way out we saw a family all tucking in to biscuits and grey looking gravy - for breakfast! Bleugh! I do like the breakfast potatoes that Disney do, so pilfered a few of those from his plate.

Izzy was happy with her pancakes, but thought her sausages tasted smokey and she really hates any sort of smokey/BBQ flavour as it makes her feel sick (no Flame Tree BBQ for us - just walking past it makes her turn green). So, she passed them over to Andy who happily ate them. She only ate 3 of her 4 pancakes and I was given the other one

Brodie was fine with the sausages, and also only ate 3 pancakes, so I got one of those too! We both felt that they needed to find some way of dispersing the chocolate chips more evenly as they all seemed to collect in one area.

Lunch was at Outback Steakhouse near the Vineland Premium Outlets. I planned this in as I'd bought a Groupon for Escapology which was booked for 12.20pm, then we wanted to go to the disney outlet, so we had lunch in between. Plus, I'd read lots of good things about Outback on here. Before anyone asks, we didn't order the blooming onion. They brought out some warm bread and then we ordered:
Me: chicken, bacon and cheese quesadillas with house salad and honey and mustard dressing on the side so I could control the amount that went in the salad as I hate it when salads are swimming in dressing.
Andy: Classic tenderloin chopped steak: Our blend of tenderloin and chuck steak topped with sautéed mushrooms, grilled onions and Cabernet sauce. Served with
homestyle mashed potatoes and fresh steamed broccoli. Cooked medium rare.
Izzy: Sirloin steak (medium rare) with grilled shrimp on the barbie, fries and broccoli: Our signature center-cut sirloin with Grilled Shrimp on the Barbie. Served with a signature potato and one freshly made side.
Brodie - Outback burger with broccoli: Topped with lettuce, tomato, onion, pickle and mustard. Add your choice of cheese: American, Swiss, Provolone or Cheddar. The only topping he had were lettuce and tomato.

A special mention also goes to the fresh strawberry lemonade that I ordered:
Real strawberries shaken with Country Style Lemonade and served iced cold.

Everything here was delicious and the service was great. Izzy declared the steak to be the best steak she's ever had. We'd happily go back there and can understand why it's so popular with dibbers. I did point out to Brodie that he's had 3 burgers in a row, so maybe we could find something different for dinner. We don't really have burgers at home, so I think he's trying to get his fill while we're here

We were in Epcot for dinner. I know that there are some great options in the World Showcase, but we were sticking to Future World for this visit for a few rides and a spot of pin trading. So, the only real option was Sunshine Seasons (the Electric Umbrella gets bad reviews, so we've never ventured there). There's a good variety at Sunshine Seasons - and no burgers! We had:
Me: Asian noodle salad with oak fired rotisserie chicken, cashew nuts and a side of sweet chilli dressing.
Andy: Mongolian beef and noodles.
Izzy and Brodie: Half oak fired rotisserie chicken with yellow rice.
For some reason I included drinks in 3 of these photos:

I love cashew nuts and sweet chilli dressing, so was very happy with mine. Andy's beef was tender with good flavour and a bit of heat. The children said the chicken was good, but not as good as the chicken at Wolfgang Puck Express.

Snacks today consisted of: a croissant, pack of pretzels, sugar cookie and chocolate chip cookie. These were all for Izzy and Brodie. I know the snacks we've had so far have been pretty standard, but I do have plans for them at the food booths at Epcot later in to the holiday

Tomorrow: Disney Springs and Animal Kingdom

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019

Edited at 03:50 AM.
loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 17, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Just found this - following along - very interesting to see qs meals.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 17, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
mojo.121
Excited about Disney

Mmm another good food day giving me plenty of ideas for the summer when I have ddp for the first time. Have a good day today.
M
mojo.121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 17, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

Fantastic updates, I love your style of reporting; telling us what you ordered, showing us the photos, then your opinion on each.

Looking forward to more
dismamx2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 17, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

never ate at Sunshine seasons - looks yum, another one on the list!
Disney Bear is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 17, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Thank you to everyone for your lovely comments. So pleased people are finding it helpful. We're having a great holiday so far - weather is amazing, CMs have been so friendly and we've had a few spevial magic moments. Crowds are pretty decent at the moment too, although I know it will get busier as we head towards Easter weekend.

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Hope you're having a lovely time Vickie!

I had to laugh at you forgetting to take pictures at your first meal, every one of our trips I've been adamant I'd do a food report and all but one I've forgotten to take pictures of the starters on pre-travel day. I'm a completionist so not having them always put me off and I've never followed through. The one time I remembered I broke my phone the next day!
We're having a wonderful time! I couldn't believe that I failed at the first meal I've intended to write a report before but kept forgetting to take photos, so it's never happened. I'm enjoying doing it live though and think that it helps to keep it in mind, plus my family keep reminding me now. I figure that dibbers would rather have some photos misding rather than no report at all

Originally Posted by Disney Bear View Post
Thanks for taking the time to give an update. I'm not a lover of many vegetable in this country (I make myself eat them as they are good for me), but I do find I crave them in America.

Breakfast at BOG looks good- might be tempted when we go.
Hope you're having a wonderful time
We're big veg eaters at home so I actively seek them out here. It's a good job that we like broccoli, as it seems to be the main one available over here. If we didn't have veg for 2 weeks, we'd be backed up to next weekend!

BOG breakfast is worth it if you're on the dining plan. If you can get an early ADR on a day without extra morning hours, then you can join the queue for SDMT and they start running it about 10 minutes before the park opens, so it's a free ride without needing a fastpass

Originally Posted by Usababe View Post
Loving your food trip so far thanks! We are on the QSDP in the summer so it's great for ideas! Can I ask- at the food courts when you want to swap a drink for a dessert if you use your resort mug do you just get one and then tell the person at the till? Sorry if ita silly question- never been before and want to make sure I know everything about the dining plan and what we can do! X
At the food court I just get the meal and snack and then when I get to the top ask if I can use X number of quick service credits (depending on how many meals I'm getting). I did double check with a CM that it was still okay to do it before I did it for the first time. Not tried it in the parks yet as it's so hot out here right now that we need our drinks!

Originally Posted by GopherLass View Post
I am reading...

Eleven grapes! Who did you have to *kiss* to get 11?

Loving the report so far - but please upload more photos of handsome men in kilts. Like grapes, one is just not enough.
Yay! Glad you could join me

I know, I felt very special getting so many grapes. I had to fight the rest of the family for them though! We all love grapes, but I'm the only one who eats melon, and there's no way I could eat all 4 portions. I like to think that your request for extra grapes might have had something to do with it

Mentioned your comment to Andy and he says he's going to wear nothing but kilts from now on It's our name tartan and he bought it for our wedding day - 17 years ago this May. Every time there's a christening, wedding or special event, he gets to wear it again. I think people might look at me a bit strange if I turned up in my wedding dress

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Great review of BoG breakfast. We have it booked twice this year and I can't decide what to get. I'd quite like the adult portion of brioche French toast!
Getting an adult portion will depend on the CM, as the lunch CM wouldn't do an adult portion of the shrimp for us. She had to put it through as an adult meal, so chose the doughnut thing, but then crossed it off our receipt and wrote 'brioche French toast'. Then she had to call through the special request to the kitchen. Anyway, the doughnut thing came out, so I showed them the receipt and that we were meant to have an adult French toast, so they took the doughnut away and the toast came out about 5 minutes later. Izzy tucked in to the pasties while she waited, so was quite happy

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Really enjoying your food report. You have always given great advice on the Dibb re: food particularly. Were you at Disney last Easter? We were, for our first trip and I know we had lots of advice from you then.
We have just booked our second trip for POFQ for Oct 2018 and upgraded the free qsdp to ddp as we have 2 birthdays so felt we would benefit with ts credits. We were at AoA last year so no dining plan at Easter so looking forward to having the dining plan next year.
Have a great holiday 😊
Yes, we we're at POR last Easter, but checked in the weekend after Easter as our school holidays fell a bit strangely that year. We had Easter bank holiday weekend off, then the children went back to school for 4 days, then we had 2 weeks off. It worked well for us though and meant that we qualified for free dining.

It will be lovely to have the full ddp, especially with 2 birthdays to celebrate. Make sure you call after you've made your ADRs to get them to add a birthday note to your bookings (you can't do it online) as you'll get birthday cards and sometimes a cupcake, which is a nice touch

Originally Posted by dismamx2 View Post
Fantastic updates, I love your style of reporting; telling us what you ordered, showing us the photos, then your opinion on each.

Looking forward to more
Thank you. Glad the format is working as I wasn't really sure what to do

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List