Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 26 Mar 17, 01:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Bankrupt again?! Day One - Magic Kingdom & Crystal Palace/Longhorns

An early start, 6am! That was just as long as I managed to stay asleep for, not bad for first nights jetlag. We took the ferry across to Magic Kingdom, and then hot footed it to the Crystal Palace for a lovely breakfast. George and the lovely Bethany, her very first time at Magic Kingdom. 💜

We had a bit of everything, puffed french toast (yum), eggs over easy, shredded potatos (mmm), pancakes, bacon and smoked sausage.

Then we had some photos with Piglet, Tigger and Pooh bear! Eyeore never made it to our table sadly, despite me craning my neck out a mile to attract his attention!

Take note, no sign of George in these photos. No comment.
We had fastpasses for Big Thunder Mountain, Pirates, and Peter Pan and also went on Its a small world, which went on forever, we invented a new song to sing all the way around - 'its a long ride after all, its a long ride after all, its a long ride after all, its an effing loooooooooooong ride! ' Yes it is.
(But we love it)

We stopped for a refreshing dole float, the pineapple juice is lovely.

We decided at around 2pm to call it a day, and headed out, by monorail this time. George announced he needed a mcdonalds, so we went in search of one but just got lost in all the roadworks around Disney, dear lord its a labyrinth of bollards!
So, we just came back to the Hotel and headed for the pool, it has a lazy river, and two pretty fast slides, and was really warm water too. I went down one slide so fast it was like a scene from Norbit, the movie, ('Im sliding im sliding'! ) I shot so fast out of the end I thought I was going to overshoot the splash pool! 😂😂😂

We went to Longhorns, on Orange Blossom Trail South for dinner, we called ahead and still waited around 30 mins for a table, our appetizers arrived promptly and we devoured them having not eaten since breakfast, but we then waited well over an hour for our entrees, and when they arrived everything was just a bit meh - salmon so dry, broccoli cold, and our lobster tail really chewy and overcooked, I was gutted, we had lost the will to live never mind eat, and skipped dessert to come home and have a deccaf tea instead. Really disappointed as Longhorns was one of our top meals last time! So far not so good for dinners

Tomorrow we are at Walmart in the morning (Mothers day treat) and Animal Kingdom in the afternoon and evening, for the Rivers of Light.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816

Edited at 02:12 AM.
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 17, 03:20 AM  
Link to this Post
disneytrio
Imagineer

disneytrio's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 13
Lovely first day, had to laugh about your water ride experience .
disneytrio is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 17, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

What a lovely first day - though shame about dinner!

Have a fun trip round Walmart!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 17, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Such a busy first day! We never seem to do much. I hope that you continue to have a fab time. X
Old 26 Mar 17, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Hi Louise , sorry dinner was a let down , always a disappointment when you've really looked forward to it.
Happy Mother's Day and enjoy the shopping and looking forward to hearing about rivers of light x
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 17, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
JenD1
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

A great first day apart from your disappointing dinner . Enjoying reading along.
Old 26 Mar 17, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
anniebee65
Imagineer

This looks right up my street! Following along. Great first Magic Kimgdom day 😀
anniebee65 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 17, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Great day but oh no to a Bad meal at Longhorn, that's such a shame.
Fab photos at MK.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 17, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Twinklestar1
VIP Dibber

Twinklestar1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Great first day (apart from Dinner )

Thanks for sharing x
Old 26 Mar 17, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
clubhouse
Very Serious Dibber

Lovely first day, shame about Longhorns. I always think that Bob of Bobs Bollards must be a gazillionaire due to all the bollards round the Disney property!

Look forward to reading more.
clubhouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List