Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Jul 20, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Thinking Las Vegas 14 nights and more

I am in the early stages of planing our 2021 trip our 2000 trip was cancelled to Vegas but we did get a voucher which was ok with me. We where going to go back to Florida in 2021 but there still a lot of work going on so we decided not to and head back to Vegas . I am thinking of doing 14 nights but in the middle Dona mini brake to Disneyland. We world do 5 days Vegas then leave luggage at our hotel in Vegas just take what we needed for a mini brake to Disneyland then back to Vegas for the last few days. Anyone done this

Edited at 03:55 PM.
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 20, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

We did similar, spent 7 nights in Anaheim, did Disney, universal and explored LA.
Then we drove through the desert to Vegas and did 10 days there 👍
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 20, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

Mobile

Won’t you be doubling up on hotel costs? Why not split into half rather than overlapping? Could save even more time flying into Vegas and out of LA or vice versa, although I appreciate it’s only half a day travelling. Just my thought process anyway.
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 20, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by GoldenAvalanche View Post
Won’t you be doubling up on hotel costs? Why not split into half rather than overlapping? Could save even more time flying into Vegas and out of LA or vice versa, although I appreciate it’s only half a day travelling. Just my thought process anyway.
Yes but as we doing a package holiday for Vegas. Just be the extra for Disney ect

Thanks for your comment
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 20, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

We have done something similar. A few years ago we did a couple of nights in Palm Springs and left our stuff in the hotel room and just took what we needed for the couple of days.
Also went away for 3 nights another time and did the same.
The first time we let the hotel know, NYNY , but they really didn’t seem bothered. The second time we just didn’t tell anyone. Put up the do not disturb sign and make sure you don’t leave any valuables.
I wouldn’t hesitate to do it again and understand your circumstances of having the package deal and being unable to work around this, sometimes we just make the best of what we have. Happy planning.
Sandraoh40 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 20, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Sandraoh40 View Post
We have done something similar. A few years ago we did a couple of nights in Palm Springs and left our stuff in the hotel room and just took what we needed for the couple of days.
Also went away for 3 nights another time and did the same.
The first time we let the hotel know, NYNY , but they really didn’t seem bothered. The second time we just didn’t tell anyone. Put up the do not disturb sign and make sure you don’t leave any valuables.
I wouldn’t hesitate to do it again and understand your circumstances of having the package deal and being unable to work around this, sometimes we just make the best of what we have. Happy planning.
Thank you
Old 20 Jul 20, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

If as you say it is a package holiday for Las Vegas part, there is no reason not to go and do Disney in the middle.

May be worth looking to see how cost effective flying there may be as you won't need a car at Disney and could just do hand luggage. Maybe look at the local airport rather than LAX.

If driving maybe take a scenic route and have a night in Death Valley, or at least drive via that route. I would recommend going right across so you can go to Darwin if you haven't before.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 20, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by 400ixl View Post
If as you say it is a package holiday for Las Vegas part, there is no reason not to go and do Disney in the middle.

May be worth looking to see how cost effective flying there may be as you won't need a car at Disney and could just do hand luggage. Maybe look at the local airport rather than LAX.

If driving maybe take a scenic route and have a night in Death Valley, or at least drive via that route. I would recommend going right across so you can go to Darwin if you haven't before.
Thank you
Old 20 Jul 20, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Are you sure the package is cheaper than booking separately (though you may be tied to it if a reschedule)?

You’d be more time efficient if you flew in and out of different airports.

If not, flying into SNA (John Wayne) is more convenient than LAX though there will be less choice.

I also suggest alerting the hotel that you’ll be ‘using’ but not ‘vacating’ the room just in light of the events at M Bay a few years back. As a courtesy...
KarenG is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 20, 03:09 AM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
Are you sure the package is cheaper than booking separately (though you may be tied to it if a reschedule)?

You’d be more time efficient if you flew in and out of different airports.

If not, flying into SNA (John Wayne) is more convenient than LAX though there will be less choice.

I also suggest alerting the hotel that you’ll be ‘using’ but not ‘vacating’ the room just in light of the events at M Bay a few years back. As a courtesy...
Thank you