Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 9 Nov 19, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
saratogajan
Apprentice Imagineer

Just caught up with this. Congratulations! Giving us fresh ideas for next year. Love the melting pot. It’s my favourite. Enjoy your hols x
saratogajan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Animal Kingdom

Today was another early start, we wanted to get to Animal Kingdom for opening so that we could ride Flight of Passage as we weren't able to get Fast Pass.

As we wanted to get there early, we ate breakfast in the room so just had cereal and bagels.

When we got to Animal Kingdom, FOP already had a 60 minute wait so we decided to do other rides first and hopefully we would get lucky and the queue would go down.

Through out the holiday we worked out the wait times were always shorter than the time stated, quite often or not by at least 20 minutes (for the longer queues) anywayyy, we headed to FOP and it said 80 minutes, so we said ok we will risk it as we didn't mind waiting an hour.

Our theory was right and we got right near the front in 45/50 minutes! And then the ride broke down and it took them like 30 minutes to get it moving again. So we ended up waiting longer than the listed wait time. Oh well, because the ride was fantastic and we loved it. One of my favourite rides ever.

Isle of Java

After our long wait at FOP, we grabbed some snacks at Isle of Java.

Tiger Tail Chocolate Twist - $4.99

This was both mine and mums choice, we love a Costa chocolate twist back home and rarely eat them anymore. So this went down well.

Danish - $3.99

Dad and Daniel went for a danish, which they both enjoyed.

Instagram: kimberlys_journeyy
Youtube: Kimberly's Journey
Orlando 16 - Food Report
We got engaged trip 19 - Food Report
Minnie4Mickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Still working our way through the giant bag of Cheetos, we also had a few other snacky bits in the room, we had a lazy afternoon by the pool at our apartment and had some cocktails and snacks.

Orlando 16 - Food Report
Minnie4Mickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Rainforest Cafe

Tonight we headed to Disney Springs, we done a bit of shopping and also wanted to go to the Rainforest for dinner.

Sharing Appetizer Sampler - $20.99

Chimi-Cha-Chas, Crustacean Crab Dip, Cheese Sticks, Chicken Strips, Guacamole. Add a side of St Louis-style Pork Spareribs 8.99

We did add the ribs to ours, as we were sharing between the 4 of us, these arrived a little bit after and I didn't snap a picture.

This was actually really tasty, and a good amount to share between the 4 of us as none of us were too full for our mains.

Bollywood Chicken and Shrimp - $23.99

Sautéed Chicken and Shrimp, Stir Fry Vegetables, Spicy Curry Sauce served with White Rice and Fried Shallots

Daniel & I shared this with an extra portion of mashed potates, mum also had this. And it was really good, not too spicy but such good flavour to the dish.

I didn't actually take a picture of our meal, 1 because the lighting in RF is bad already for food pics, and also the storm came just as our food arrived and it went dark so Daniel tucked in straight away.

Google Pic of our meal:

Sparkling Volcano - $17.99

Enough for three or more! A giant rich chocolate brownie caked stacked up high, served warm with vanilla ice cream, creamy whipped topping and topped with caramel and chocolate sauces

Ok so this is a good dessert, however we didn't really take notice of the price before we ordered it. And it's just a bang average brownie, which I defo would not order for the price, it's a fun dessert to share between everyone however I would have much preferred a pudding from Ghiradelli or one of the other spots round Disney Springs, so I've made a note to self for this if we go back to Rainforest.

Orlando 16 - Food Report
Old 11 Nov 19, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

Congratulations and good luck for the future!
Loving reading your report - some great ideas for our trip coming up. We’re also staying at Floridays for 10 nights - any thoughts on the accommodation? Also tips for nearby restaurants - we won’t have a car.
Looking forward to reading the rest.
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridadreams View Post
Congratulations and good luck for the future!
Loving reading your report - some great ideas for our trip coming up. We’re also staying at Floridays for 10 nights - any thoughts on the accommodation? Also tips for nearby restaurants - we won’t have a car.
Looking forward to reading the rest.
We did like Floridays, it wasn't our favourite accomdation but there was no complaints it's just a little dated but you hardly spend any time in the room. The pool area is nice there and its a great location because it's really close to everything!

Nearby restaurants, this resort is right by the Vineland avenue outlets/ eating area. So you can easily get an Uber or Lyft there, quite a lot of the places we ate were very close by I'll list the closest:

IHOP
Denny's
Bahama Breeze
Longhorn
Ford garage (mostly burgers)

We used Uber and lyft a couple of times and it was no more than $12 and that was going to Universal and back, we never ventured too far for meals out, so you can easily get to Disney Springs and the cross roads to all the restaurants there

Orlando 16 - Food Report
Old 11 Nov 19, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Minnie4Mickey View Post
We did like Floridays, it wasn't our favourite accomdation but there was no complaints it's just a little dated but you hardly spend any time in the room. The pool area is nice there and its a great location because it's really close to everything!

Nearby restaurants, this resort is right by the Vineland avenue outlets/ eating area. So you can easily get an Uber or Lyft there, quite a lot of the places we ate were very close by I'll list the closest:

IHOP
Denny's
Bahama Breeze
Longhorn
Ford garage (mostly burgers)

We used Uber and lyft a couple of times and it was no more than $12 and that was going to Universal and back, we never ventured too far for meals out, so you can easily get to Disney Springs and the cross roads to all the restaurants there
All great to know! Thanks. I’ve added Bahama Breeze from your review and Longhorn was on there from another report. Just off to check the others out 😉
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Islands of Adventure

This morning was another early start, so we ate breakfast in the room. We wanted to get to IOA for opening to do the Hagrids ride, little did we know the ride was on delayed opening and was delayed even further this day and they weren't able to offer an opening time for the ride due to technical difficulties.

We surprised how quiet the rest of the park was, literally all of the rides were walk on, the longest we queued was for the Hulk but we decided to do single rider.

We were done at the park by around 1, so we left and went to Disney Springs.

Earl of Sandwich

After wandering round DS, we headed to EOS for some lunch.

Holiday Turkey / Tuna Melt

Mum and I couldn't decide what we wanted, so we shared half each of the holiday turkey and tuna. We also got a side of coleslaw to share, as I lovee EOS coleslaw.

Orlando 16 - Food Report
Old 11 Nov 19, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Disney Winter / Summerland Adventure golf

Not sure if it's because we have been oblivious in the past, but we never knew our Disney tickets allowed us 1 game of golf per day at either the Fantasia or Summerland crazy golf, so after we finished lunch we were going to do a water park but it went a little overcast so we decided to give golf a go.

It was actually really good and was nice to do something different for the afternoon instead of theme parks or water parks.

Orlando 16 - Food Report
Old 11 Nov 19, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Outback Steakhouse

Tonight we were going to the Outback Steakhouse for dinner.

We did get some appertizers to share, butt I didn't take a picture we had the coconut shrimp and bloomin onion.

These were sooo good, I love the coconut shrimp in here it's so lovely. And you can't go to the Outback without the bloomin onion.

Sirloin & Choice of Shrimp $22.2911oz
- with added lobster tail $10.99

This was dad's choice and he asked for his steak with a baked potato.

Filet Mignon & Lobster - $27.49

This was mums choice.

New York Strip - 14oz - $24.49

Daniel & I shared our meal again, we had this with mashed potatoes, mac and cheese and a side of mushrooms

As we were sharing we decided to grab an extra side dish to make the meal a bit bigger, but this was a massive piece of meat. I am glad we shared otherwise it would have been wasted, sharing meals really worked for us this holiday and I am glad we both have a similar taste in foods.

Mum, Daniel & I faniced something sweet after dinner so we decided to share a pudding.

Salted Caramel Cookie Skillet - $4.99

This was really tasty, the cookie was soft but also chewy because of the salted caramel.

We all really enjoyed our meals in here.

Orlando 16 - Food Report