Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Apr 20, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Milpston View Post
Do you know what? If it was the wife and I and possibly just the eldest It would probably a plan like that. However, our youngest two are Disney mad and if we miss out on this years trip I feel I just have to do orlando. Also, I’m desperate to do Vegas again but not with the kids 😂

As much as we would love to see Yosemite etc I just don’t think it will have the same impact for the kids as orlando.
A proper west coat road trip will definitely be in future plans for us though as they get a bit older.
Cool

In that case, personally, I’d save California for another trip rather than adding a lot of cost and hassle on for a short time.

You may be frightened to hear that my DDs (who are now grown up) said that Las Vegas was the best place they visited in the States (this was when they were 9 and 12 )
Old 5 Apr 20, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
Cool

In that case, personally, I’d save California for another trip rather than adding a lot of cost and hassle on for a short time.

You may be frightened to hear that my DDs (who are now grown up) said that Las Vegas was the best place they visited in the States (this was when they were 9 and 12 )
My DS is desperate to visit LV and we have said we will go for his 21st and my 50th in 9 years time but I am thinking that if we end up doing a west coast trip I would look in to adding on LV just for him!
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 20, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mskitty View Post
My DS is desperate to visit LV and we have said we will go for his 21st and my 50th in 9 years time but I am thinking that if we end up doing a west coast trip I would look in to adding on LV just for him!
Honestly there is SO MUCH for kids / teens to do there! My two being girls spent a lot of time shopping but there are many fun things on top of that. Just wandering around the hotels takes a few days and there are lots of low cost fun stuff too (we need Daytona Babe who has a long list).
Old 5 Apr 20, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
🤞🤞🤞 that you can go but if not I might see you there next year instead!

Would you mind sharing your plans with me to give me some inspiration or is it too painful at the moment?
No problem! We are doing Las Vegas, Anaheim for Disney, La, pismo beach, monterey, Yosemite and San Fran. It worked best to do it that way for us but if we have to rearrange we might switch it to reverse! We also booked 16 nights but could possibly add one or two on next year so it isn’t all bad!
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 20, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by danisleigh View Post
No problem! We are doing Las Vegas, Anaheim for Disney, La, pismo beach, monterey, Yosemite and San Fran. It worked best to do it that way for us but if we have to rearrange we might switch it to reverse! We also booked 16 nights but could possibly add one or two on next year so it isn’t all bad!
Are you driving or flying between the big cities?
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 20, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Are you driving or flying between the big cities?
We are driving. We had booked a car to collect in Vegas from the airport on check out day as we don’t think we need it In Vegas and parking is steep then we drop off in San Fran as we check in for the same reasons.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

So now our WDW holiday is cancelled I'm starting to put together our west coast adventure plan for next year.

My plans are looking like this so far:

Fly in to LAX and Uber/Lyft to Disney on a Sunday in August.

Stay 4/5 night in Anaheim. Holmewood Suites at the convention centre looks good at the moment as it has free breakfast, suites with bunk beds and an evening reception Monday-Thursday.

Pick up a car and drive to Las Vegas. By driving we can visit a large American supermarket on the way to LV (this was on the Orlando wish list for the kids) and do some outlet shopping on the way there too.

4/5 nights in LV. Happy to stay off strip and fancy something like the Wyndham or Hilton suite hotels so we have access to a kitchen and washer / dryer facilties. The kids desperately wanted to stay in a villa in Orlando and this might be the closest we get on this trip. May dump the car at the airport after a couple of days to avoid paying parking but will probably have a drive out to the Hoover Dam whilst there.

Fly to SFO. 2/3 nights in SFO. Not a clue on hotels but know they aren't cheap. Will have to get researching. Want to do the Disney Museum and Alcatraz whilst there.

Pick up a car at the end of our SFO trip and drive the Pacific Coast Highway with a couple of over night stops on the way down. All suggestions of places to stay gratefully received. The kids want to say they have swam in the Pacific ocean so if one of the stops is a beach then all the better.

End up at Universal Studios and stay in that area for 2 nights so we can have a park day and a visit to Burbank and take a look around Hollywood so the kids can say they have been. Again hotel recommendations gratefully received.

Back home from LAX

I've left the number of nights in most places flexible as budget is still up for discussion at the moment and we've not a clue what prices will look like next summer. I'm using Easter 2021 as an indicator at the moment as I thought that's probably high season and so will give me something to go on.

All thoughts / critique on this plan much appreciated.
Old 22 Jun 20, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Milpston View Post
Do you know what? If it was the wife and I and possibly just the eldest It would probably a plan like that. However, our youngest two are Disney mad and if we miss out on this years trip I feel I just have to do orlando. Also, I’m desperate to do Vegas again but not with the kids 😂

As much as we would love to see Yosemite etc I just don’t think it will have the same impact for the kids as orlando.
A proper west coat road trip will definitely be in future plans for us though as they get a bit older.
Hi you could do 2.5 weeks west coast and then fly to Orlando for 8/9 days. Best of both world and you would have time to do most of west coast highlights.
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

So now our WDW holiday is cancelled I'm starting to put together our west coast adventure plan for next year.

My plans are looking like this so far:

Fly in to LAX and Uber/Lyft to Disney on a Sunday in August.

Stay 4/5 night in Anaheim. Holmewood Suites at the convention centre looks good at the moment as it has free breakfast, suites with bunk beds and an evening reception Monday-Thursday.

Pick up a car and drive to Las Vegas. By driving we can visit a large American supermarket on the way to LV (this was on the Orlando wish list for the kids) and do some outlet shopping on the way there too.

4/5 nights in LV. Happy to stay off strip and fancy something like the Wyndham or Hilton suite hotels so we have access to a kitchen and washer / dryer facilties. The kids desperately wanted to stay in a villa in Orlando and this might be the closest we get on this trip. May dump the car at the airport after a couple of days to avoid paying parking but will probably have a drive out to the Hoover Dam whilst there.

Fly to SFO. 2/3 nights in SFO. Not a clue on hotels but know they aren't cheap. Will have to get researching. Want to do the Disney Museum and Alcatraz whilst there.

Pick up a car at the end of our SFO trip and drive the Pacific Coast Highway with a couple of over night stops on the way down. All suggestions of places to stay gratefully received. The kids want to say they have swam in the Pacific ocean so if one of the stops is a beach then all the better.

End up at Universal Studios and stay in that area for 2 nights so we can have a park day and a visit to Burbank and take a look around Hollywood so the kids can say they have been. Again hotel recommendations gratefully received.

Back home from LAX

I've left the number of nights in most places flexible as budget is still up for discussion at the moment and we've not a clue what prices will look like next summer. I'm using Easter 2021 as an indicator at the moment as I thought that's probably high season and so will give me something to go on.

All thoughts / critique on this plan much appreciated.
Hi how many nights do you plan in total, will help for advice.
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

In August this year we had -
Vegas for 4 days (been before so didn’t need more time)
Anaheim for Disneyland and then drive to universal ,total of 4 days
Queen Mary at long beach for a night .
Pismo beach for 2 nights and then to San Jose for a night for Winchester mystery house .
Fly to Oahu from San Fran and then back to LA and home .
We cancelled Hawaii the other day as it’s just not looking like it was going to happen but will go for longer next year instead and now just waiting for rest to be cancelled which I’m pretty sure it will .
We’ll get our money back and do it next year instead (with someone cheaper than virgin !) and probably skip Pismo and San Jose for longer in Hawaii
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List