Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 19 May 20, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Chicken traybake recipes!

I have these ingredients, chicken breasts, new potatoes, garlic, lemon,mixed peppers, red onion and lots of herbs and spices. How would you make a chicken traybake? I am so sick of my cooking I need something nice to eat

Edited at 04:38 PM.
Sandra & co is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 20, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

I would - chop chicken breasts into chunks, halve the new potatoes, slice the onions into quarters/eighths, chop the peppers into big chunks.

Have you any oil?

If so mix a few tablespoons with 3 or 4 cloves crushed garlic - add your herbs and spices of choice - mine would be paprika at the moment, pour the oil/spice/garlic mix over the stuff, I rub it in with my hands so everything is coated, put in a med oven (190 fan for me) for 30 min - a bit longer if chicken is chunkier, take out, squeeze some lemon juice over - or serve with lemon wedges.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 20, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Thanks this sounds lovely x
Old 19 May 20, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
BarrettFamily
VIP Dibber

That sounds delicious
WDW All Stars Movies 2001- 10th Anniversary
WDW Carribean Beach Resort 2006
WDW All Stars Music 2008
WDW Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa 2018 - 50th Birthday Celebration with Mum.
BarrettFamily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 20, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
I’ve made this but left the breasts whole and mixed it all up and it’s in the oven. I will let you know how it tastes!
Old 19 May 20, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

We do a very similar tray bake to WhereIBelong, but prefer an oregano and lemon flavouring to paprika but both would work well, depending on personal choice
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 20, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
I would - chop chicken breasts into chunks, halve the new potatoes, slice the onions into quarters/eighths, chop the peppers into big chunks.

Have you any oil?

If so mix a few tablespoons with 3 or 4 cloves crushed garlic - add your herbs and spices of choice - mine would be paprika at the moment, pour the oil/spice/garlic mix over the stuff, I rub it in with my hands so everything is coated, put in a med oven (190 fan for me) for 30 min - a bit longer if chicken is chunkier, take out, squeeze some lemon juice over - or serve with lemon wedges.
This is the same as we had for tea last night except it was a big potato cut into thumbnail sized cubes and a couple of carrots thrown in as well! Leftovers ...

Or you could slice it all up except for the potatoes, fry it off, chuck in some chilli powder and oregano and make fajitas with rice or wraps if you have them. Enjoy x
Old 19 May 20, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
We do a very similar tray bake to WhereIBelong, but prefer an oregano and lemon flavouring to paprika but both would work well, depending on personal choice
I like the idea of lemon and oregano, might try that next time I do one.

We used dill and lemon for a very similar salmon traybake last week. (salmon cut into chunks, new potatoes, broccoli, peppers, oil, dill, black pepper and lemon)
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 20, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
I like the sound of salmon, might have to try that one x
Old 19 May 20, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
I like the idea of lemon and oregano, might try that next time I do one.

We used dill and lemon for a very similar salmon traybake last week. (salmon cut into chunks, new potatoes, broccoli, peppers, oil, dill, black pepper and lemon)
I’ve never tried a salmon traybake either but that sounds really good so I will try that too
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List