Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Jun 20, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by PumpkinCupcake View Post
That was with my own, normal post code. I’m actually wondering whether to just buy them on undercover tourist as I can see that’s an e-ticket, valid for January 2022. I’ve just had an online chat with them also and they’ve told me you can upgrade to a park hopper ticket from the base ticket as well so that’s good to know!

Oh really?! That’s good to know! Never used Undercover Tourist, would you recommend?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by gigglywink View Post
Oh really?! That’s good to know! Never used Undercover Tourist, would you recommend?
I have no personal experience with them, but have seen them recommended quite a few times, and have always went on to browse. Seemed okay to me, and I did ask for confirmation on the online chat that once the order completed I’d get a barcode to add to the Disneyland app. Have just placed my order, so now just to wait again to see if it completes!
PumpkinCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeymouseears
Excited about Disney

we haven't got tickets yet. I'm wondering if they'll do something like when they opened galaxy's edge - reservations for guests with hotel reservations only. At the price they charge, we won't pay to stay at a disney hotel in anaheim, and we'd have to rethink our trip and maybe not go to disneyland. all up in the air.
mickeymouseears is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Just got my e tickets emailed to me from undercover tourist and that’s them linked up to the app now
PumpkinCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Just got my e tickets emailed to me from undercover tourist and that’s them linked up to the app now
That’s fantastic and quick! Great stuff! One less thing to worry about!
Old 5 Jun 20, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

At this stage, as long as you have a ticket and its linked in the App, it doesn't really matter where you bought it.

Knowing Disneyland like I do, we are actually waaay ahead of most Disneyland park guests. Its a completely different guest demographic, huge numbers of locals who turn up for spontaneous visits. If Disneyland go the way WDW has and stops the sale of park tickets, huge amounts of people will be caught out. From Disney point of view , its an easy way to limit capacity in the parks.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bad Pink Tink View Post
At this stage, as long as you have a ticket and its linked in the App, it doesn't really matter where you bought it.

Knowing Disneyland like I do, we are actually waaay ahead of most Disneyland park guests. Its a completely different guest demographic, huge numbers of locals who turn up for spontaneous visits. If Disneyland go the way WDW has and stops the sale of park tickets, huge amounts of people will be caught out. From Disney point of view , its an easy way to limit capacity in the parks.
Thanks for your insider info! We’ve not been to Disneyland before but have done WDW and DLP many times (we would choose a pandemic year for our first DL visit! 🤦🏻)
Fingers crossed we are ahead of the game now and when they do reopen we can reserve the days we need 👍🏻
Old 5 Jun 20, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bad Pink Tink View Post

How would that work for us ,though ?
We have bought our tickets via virgin for a certain date but don’t have ticket numbers or anything yet 😕
Old 5 Jun 20, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by FizzyWhip View Post
How would that work for us ,though ?
We have bought our tickets via virgin for a certain date but don’t have ticket numbers or anything yet 😕
Yikes, sounds like a similar situation to the WDW people right now. If you can, if you still have a balance to pay, I would pay it ASAP and get the ticket barcodes.

When you do a package and only pay a deposit, your TA, in this case Virgin, dont actually buy the tickets until you pay the balance.

In the WDW situation, Disney stopped all sales of new tickets but gave TA's an extra 10 days to get their customers to pay the balances so that tickets could be issued. So WDW people who were due to pay the balance in August now have to pay the balance by June 10.

The same thing could happen with Disneyland, so you need to be prepared.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I’m just relieved that I now have mine and can hopefully relax a little bit, until there’s the potential for booking time slots like WDW.

Just need the travel ban to be lifted and I can actually be 100% excited! Starting to feel slightly more positive with some of the news these days.