Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Jun 20, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
lorna_99
Serious Dibber

Disneyland in 2 days? Mad, Possible or OK

So we were meant to be going to Disney world this year but since that feel apart and I dont like the new 2021 policies for Florida we thought we would do another USA road trip.
We done LA to San Francisco in 2018 and loved it. We would be looking to do LA to San Diego and then over to Vegas.

We only have 2 days in Anaheim and the way it falls it would be a Sat and Sun in May. We are just 2 adults so dont mind park opening to park close days (well I dont DH will just get dragged along)

Is it mad to do a park a day? Is it possible to do a park a day?

Due to the smaller size would it be better to get a hopper ticket so we can dart from one to other depending on queue size? or stick to 1 park per day

Never been before so not sure how best to tackle it so open to help and suggestions.

Thanks
lorna_99 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

I have Disneyland in 2 days a few times. I did one park each day, no park hopping.

I would plan for no park hopping as until the new procedures are announced, all previous advice about how to tour the parks and park hopping is out of date and irrelevant. We are stating with a new clean slate.

Ticket sales are suspend right now.

I have 2 Disneyland Thread at the moment, come join us

Disneyland 2020 General Planning and New Info
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1173260

Disneyland Info For First Timers
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1173389
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

2 days is possible, Also utilise some of the single rider lines they have to improve you day as most of the time your either on the same vehicle or at least just behind. There are 10 rides with single rider and they are some of the big ones like radiotor springs a list can be found here.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by shack69 View Post
2 days is possible, Also utilise some of the single rider lines they have to improve you day as most of the time your either on the same vehicle or at least just behind. There are 10 rides with single rider and they are some of the big ones like radiotor springs a list can be found here.
Until we know the new procedures for Disneyland, all previous touring advice is obsolete and out of date. Walt Disney World have announced no single rider lines for their re opening.

We are starting with a clean slate and we can not assume that the knowledge we have gained on previous trips and the ways of doing things will be the same as before the shut down.

The Disney parks experience will be very different.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
kingofhonour
Apprentice Imagineer

kingofhonour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
2 days in May should be fine, was there in May 2019 and it wasn't to busy at all
kingofhonour is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 20, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Lau-nicole
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We did three days last May which fell over the weekend and it was more than enough time for us to experience it for the first time. If we go back as part of another road trip we would probably do two days with a park hopper ticket 😊
Lau-nicole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 20, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

As others have said - hard to predict what things will be like in the near future given the current uncertain climate.

Based on past experience and reading (this may no longer be valid in view of COVID) - Sat/Sun are the busier days at DL, but are also the days with the longest opening hours and the most entertainment (fireworks and Fantasmic are not everyday unlike at WDW). So good days to go if you want to see more entertainment that might not be running on other days of the week, but crowds are higher so potentially longer wait times. Maxpass helps a lot.

I personally would not have been satisfied with 2 days at DL... it may be a lot smaller than WDW in size but it has nearly the same number of rides/attractions if I'm not wrong, just squished into a much smaller land area! But I think it's a personal preference thing and different people will be happy with different lengths of time at DL!
Old 25 Jun 20, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
sophie1405
Imagineer

im planning on 2 days there in late august next year, having done alot of research i think i would be able to do it one park each day, i plan on doing a sunday and a monday. I will get the maxpass too to utilise some of the things i want to go on :-) if i dont do it all i have the need to go back again in the future :-) x

Can't stay away <3
sophie1405 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
BigSkip
Imagineer

Two days will be fine.
BigSkip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List