Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 7 Mar 21, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
jmagla
Excited about Disney

Mobile Aer Lingus flight changes Aug/Sept 21

We are booked aer lingus, Newcastle to MCO via Dublin, 17th August to 2nd September, I've been checking flight prices for our dates (as you do) and the flights weren't coming up. Checked our booking on aer lingus website and one of the flights was missing...

Just called aer lingus to be told that there are 2 changes to our itinerary, 1 minor time change from Newcastle to Dublin, but one major change on the way back, we are due to land at Dublin at 10:25 and the connecting flight to Newcastle was 15:15, however they have changed the Newcastle flight to 09:00, meaning we can't get it.

He looked at options but could only come up with a connecting flight the next day which does not appeal at all.

He offered changing dates entirely, a voucher or a full refund.

I haven't had any notification from aer lingus about the changes and I know from posts on another post on the dibb that there are others who are on the same flights.

Its probably worth checking your aer lingus flights on the app/website to check if it comes up as an issue like ours.

We got flights at a good price, and there may well be other changes before we travel so we are going to bide our time, for the time being, if we change dates completely there will be an increased price, not sure if we would have to pay the difference or whether they would just change for same price...
jmagla is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 21, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
dogken
Imagineer

I also checked ours today and like you I couldn’t get onto my booking so I called them to be told that the return flight had changed and the only options were to have a night in Dublin or take a full refund.
He said we have up to 24th September to decide, we got the flights at a good price and I really fancied doing immigration at Dublin, good flight times too.
Been looking at alternative flights and the prices are horrendous so it looks like a night in Dublin for us, shouldn’t be to bad as we get a good nights sleep and be home in Newcastle 10.15 the next day👍
Old 8 Mar 21, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
jmagla
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by dogken View Post
I also checked ours today and like you I couldn’t get onto my booking so I called them to be told that the return flight had changed and the only options were to have a night in Dublin or take a full refund.
He said we have up to 24th September to decide, we got the flights at a good price and I really fancied doing immigration at Dublin, good flight times too.
Been looking at alternative flights and the prices are horrendous so it looks like a night in Dublin for us, shouldn’t be to bad as we get a good nights sleep and be home in Newcastle 10.15 the next day👍
Odd though that we haven't had notification of the changes from aer lingus though?

There will be many in same situation unaware of change, may even be the same for different dates.
jmagla is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 21, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

I got my flights for (MAN-DUB-MCO) on the 18th. They cancelled on me, but aware they want to fly the direct route, (and knowing I have a refund up my sleeve). I've not tried to rearrange yet hoping they would announce direct and then put me on it.
the last info for that was looking like they would start flying spetember..so too late for us, but who knows.
Old 8 Mar 21, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
jmagla
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Thorpy View Post
I got my flights for (MAN-DUB-MCO) on the 18th. They cancelled on me, but aware they want to fly the direct route, (and knowing I have a refund up my sleeve). I've not tried to rearrange yet hoping they would announce direct and then put me on it.
the last info for that was looking like they would start flying spetember..so too late for us, but who knows.
Any idea if they charge extra when transferring to different flights if there is a price difference, we booked during sale, so all alternatives are far more expensive now?
Old 9 Mar 21, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
SophieMitchell
Trainee Dibber

SophieMitchell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Aer Lingus flight cancelled.

We had flights booked for Newcastle -Dublin -Orlando and we checked on our booking and it wasn't there so we rang them and they confirmed that Newcastle flight times on the way back had been changed and we wouldn't be able to make the connection.
We got these flights for a really good price in November with Aer Lingus going October 2nd 2021 but there was nothing else to change it to so we have cancelled and got a refund.
Looking at Tui flights now but going to cost more!
Old 11 Mar 21, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jmagla View Post
Any idea if they charge extra when transferring to different flights if there is a price difference, we booked during sale, so all alternatives are far more expensive now?
If the price changes massively and we cancel, so be it !

I booked from A to B... If they can't take me from A to B, but can take me from A to B for a lot more money, that seems immoral at best. I'd imagine if it was a thing, unscrupulous airlines would have tried it before now. Cancel the flight 2 wekes out and offer refunds, or they can book back on the replacement for much more.

I've got the advantage at the moment that they cancelled my originally booked flight, so to me the onus is on them to accommodate the replacement. We shall see, nothing in the inbox yet.