Old 2 Mar 21, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

WDW 2019 - day 14

Previous days are here

DAY 14 – Tuesday 10 December

Plan : Hollywood studios
Actual : Another very hot and sunny day dawned, and we got up still feeling exhausted from yesterday. We got ready for the day, and then walked to the Skyliner station to travel to the Studios. It was so lovely to sit back and relax during the journey, watching the world pass by beneath our feet. The views were fabulous, we never tired of looking out and around us as we travelled.

We paused at the entrance to the Studios so DH could visit the smoking area here, then made our way through a very busy park to Toy Story Land for our first FastPass of the day – Slinky Dog Dash, which had a 70 minute standby line when we arrived. The ride was loads of fun! We figured the park was particularly busy because of the opening of Rise of the Resistance last week. To ride, you have to obtain a Boarding Pass for a particular timed session, and every day these Passes were all gone by 8.30 a.m.! We decided that we would be happy to wait to experience this ride, and mentally put it on the list for next time. Neither of us are huge Star Wars fans, I may have mentioned this before, but we have a passing interest and do like to try the majority of Disney rides, so I know we will get round to this at some point.

From there we walked round to One Man’s Dream, which I knew was currently showing the original film rather than an excerpt from whatever the latest release was, so we wandered through the exhibits before going into the film theatre. DH managed to stay awake for the whole film, unlike a previous visit when he slept through it twice in a row! It was a lovely film, so I’m glad he finally got to see it.

After this we walked round to Star Tours for our next FastPass, and were sent up the disabled access ramp again, straight into the boarding area. We were allocated seats in the front row, which I really like because the simulator throws me about the least sitting at the front, rather than further back. We had an excellent ride, we got Wookie World, (which is my favourite!), followed by Jar Jar Binks’s underwater world. We also got an ending we hadn’t seen before, we thought the pointy-nosed craft was going to smash through our windscreen like it had previously, but instead the pointy end broke off on the screen! It was so funny, the droid was incandescent with anger, yelled at us, and then threw a bucket of yellow paint towards us!

We were still laughing about this as we left the building, and then headed to the Backlot Express for lunch. I got us both chicken tenders and fries, coffee for DH, and strawberry daiquiri for me, which was all really good. I was loving these strawberry daiquiris, they are frozen so very slushy and refreshing. We had a chat about our next moves. We really wanted to watch Fantasmic, in fact we had FastPasses for it at 8.00 p.m., but we were feeling so exhausted that we didn’t think we could stick around the park for the rest of the afternoon. We decided to go back to the resort for a rest, and then return later to see the show. Therefore, after lunch we tool a slow stroll back out of the park and to the Skyliner station, and from there back to our resort. DH lay down for a nap, and I changed into my swimsuit and went to the nearby small pool for a couple of hours. I was the only person in the pool for ages, and anyone else that came in stayed in the shallow end, leaving me to float and paddle around on my own. It was so relaxing, and after about an hour and a half I wrapped myself in towels and went back to our room for a long shower.

At about 6.00 p.m., I woke up DH, who had been asleep for most of the afternoon, filled him up with coffee and ibuprofen, and we headed back to the Skyliner station. We both felt a lot better for having a restful afternoon. We made our way to the Fantasmic theatre, and when we got there, I got myself a Mickey pretzel and some lemonade, and a hot dog and Sprite for DH as we hadn’t had any dinner yet. We settled down to watch the show, and this time it ran faultlessly, and was fabulous, we really loved it. After the show, we left the park, went back to our resort, and TV and bed followed. Surprisingly, despite have slept all afternoon, DH also slept all night! We must have been really tired, but it had still been a lovely day.

Next days are here

Edited at 01:57 PM.
Silvercat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List