Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 7 Mar 21, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by MargaretMouse View Post
Thanks for all your information, I will first cut out the carbs...the exercise can be quite hard as I have a range of health issues including ME, Severe Epilepsy and severe arthritis in my knees and ankles, I have two walking sticks not always needed, can anyone recommend exercise plan that would suit something with my issues.
You should be able to find some seated cardio workouts on you tube I think

Just found this

Edited at 12:24 PM.
Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 21, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
dizzy1
Excited about Disney

Thanks for all your information, I will first cut out the carbs...the exercise can be quite hard as I have a range of health issues including ME, Severe Epilepsy and severe arthritis in my knees and ankles, I have two walking sticks not always needed, can anyone recommend exercise plan that would suit something with my issues.
If you find swimming too challenging when you are very sore, try walking and general movement in the pool. The water will take the weight off your joints.
dizzy1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 21, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Wembleygal
Imagineer

Wembleygal's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
My partner, who was pre-diabetic was sent on a course by the NHS. It was very useful.

His blood sugars are now fine. He has pretty much cut out all simple carbs (potatoes, white rice, bread, etc).

He also no longer drinks juice (which is basically, liquid sugar).

And of course, he is exercising more and eating healthy, as much as possible.
Wembleygal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 21, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Carbs is definitely the answer - even cutting out bread pasta and rice is a really good start - not easy (I love bread and toast and pasta and oh yes rice!) but possible and there are lots of other tasty options
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 21, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

You must be kind to yourself 💗 Rome was not built in a day and there will be no overnight fix.
Regarding exercise I would try to move more than usual but don’t push it too much. Get your diet under control to start with. As you loose weight and reduce your blood sugars, you will start to feel better. Once you start to feel better then you can try a walk.
Drink lots and lots of water (no juice) not only will this help with the weight loss but it means more toilet trips which means more exercise 😉
Floridatilly is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 21, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
JSP
Imagineer

Excellent advice from dibbers as usual
I will add be prepared to feel a little “off” if you cut your carbs dramatically, I got a head ache for a few days and felt a bit under the weather, it’s known as carb flu. It doesn’t last long but can be a bit off putting if you don’t know you might feel that way.
Old 7 Mar 21, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
meboo
Imagineer

Mobile

Do you get any help from a dietician, due to your medical conditions? I ask this because there is a lot of research that suggests some epilepsy that responds well to a keto diet. It is an acknowledged treatment for children whose seizures cannot be controlled by medication. However I wouldn’t want you to take advice from us well-meaning dibbers without either doing your own research or taking advice. From everything I have read, low carb is a generally good approach for many health issues.
meboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 21, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
MargaretMouse
VIP Dibber

I’m overwhelmed with the response and help... I thank each and everyone of you... I can try my hardest...I’m going to start by cutting down on carbs and trying to exercise a little more... I have brought a second hand bike and I will start with 5/10 minutes a day, if I have a bad day I won’t bet myself up about it.
Old 7 Mar 21, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
cismwynn
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by tracy99 View Post
Could I be cheeky and ask what your typical meals were like when you first started.
I like things that require no cooking especially when in work.
So would something like a cheese and egg salad work.
Anything quick and simple would be great,also could I have my morning cappuccino out of my little machine.
Thanks in advance
Tracy x
I don't want to hijack the thread so I will PM you.
POFQ - Dec 2006, Mar 2008, Oct 2009, Oct 2014, / OKW - Aug 2012 / Beach Club - Oct 2015, Jul 2017 / Dibb Villa - Mar 2009, Aug 2009, Dec 2009, Dec 2010, Oct 2011, Jul 2013, Jul 2014, Dec 2014, Jul 2015, Aug 2017
cismwynn is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 21, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
TinselAngel
Imagineer

TinselAngel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Hi
I’m cismwynn’s DW and we have been doing the fast 800/blood sugar diet together. A few people have asked him about the meals we have so I said I’d post some useful links.

Useful for links to free recipes and general inspiration : fastmamatribe

There is a Fast800 Facebook group started by the same lady - an Australian called Lindell Pereira - (international membership) and a uk one - people post lots of meal ideas on there and often full recipes. Both are great for support and I would highly recommend them - even if like me you don’t do Facebook generally. She also has presence on Instagram and Pinterest if you are into that.

I also watch lots of Meal prep videos and adapt family favourites like curries and chillies. Essentially have about half your normal portion and serve with heaps of (preferably green) veg - at least half your plate. Herbs and spices are fab for flavour without calories but if that’s not your thing, salt and pepper can work wonders too! Often I just grill meat with spices on and have it with salad or veg - dead easy!

There is also an official Fast800 web site - you can access a lot of the info without paying to sign up to their 12 week plan.
Thefast800.com

Finally, I would say that the Fast800 recipe books are well worth the money as they are mostly very easy and some of the dishes are spectacularly good - beef rendang is gorgeous - very little work but long slow cooking so you need to plan ahead for that one. It’s fab with coconut cauliflower rice.

I tend to watch lots of YouTube cooking videos for inspiration too - loads of keto recipes are adaptable or look for Mediterranean diet recipes.

Hope this helps anyone trying to get started. I Found reading the science in the books was enough for me to give it a go. Good luck to you all.

POFQ Dec 2006, Mar 2008, Oct 2009, Oct 2014
Dibb Villas : Mar 2009, Aug 2009, Xmas 2009 Dec 2010, Oct 2011, July 2013, July 2014, Xmas 2014, July 2015, Aug 2017, Jan 2018, Oct 18, OKW:Summer 2012, Beach Club:Oct 2015,July 2017. AKL:Oct 2019
TinselAngel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List