Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 7 Mar 21, 01:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

August is busy

I put off checking availability bang on 7 months for August, mainly due to the uncertainty and subsequent lack of my usual motivation.

I haven't pulled the plug on August yet, and we were one night missing. I thought at the back if my mind i'll pick something up no problem.

Well - it's busy! I wanted VGF, RR or Poly and I can't get any of those. Have ended up booking a Savanna room at Kidani and waitlisting VGF & RR.

Whether we go or not remains to be seen, but looks like a lot of people are raring to go! 😆
Gelatoni is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 21, 05:19 AM  
Link to this Post
keith1973
Imagineer

August is normally quite busy but especially this year as most have had to move you’ll love AK.
Old 7 Mar 21, 07:24 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Yeah I think we are from summer seeing the points knock on through people not being able to go for so long.
I’d expect it to be busy for a few years now.
Old 7 Mar 21, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Yeah I think we are from summer seeing the points knock on through people not being able to go for so long.
I’d expect it to be busy for a few years now.
Expect it'll only get busier once international travel resumes and confidence returns. Honestly didn't expect such bleak availability this year, although I expect there are others like me booking 'just incase'.

Have stayed at AKL before on the hotel side. I loved it but i'm quite eager to try other resorts. Am considering swapping it to OKW if the waitlists don't come through (and we can go of course!).
Gelatoni is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 21, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post
Expect it'll only get busier once international travel resumes and confidence returns. Honestly didn't expect such bleak availability this year, although I expect there are others like me booking 'just incase'.

Have stayed at AKL before on the hotel side. I loved it but i'm quite eager to try other resorts. Am considering swapping it to OKW if the waitlists don't come through (and we can go of course!).
I’m resigned to probably staying at SSR at Xmas, even the fabled 1 bed availability may be less this next few years. “Resigned” sounds bad, it certainly isn’t I was waiting for the refurb to stay there anyway and it’s now ideal in the 1 bed for us with the extra bed. So maybe “I accept” ill be staying at SSR would have been a better turn of phrase. I have booked it in two tranches though so we may bag a split.
AKV is a lovely hotel but not really for us due to lack of walking and running opportunities.
OKW is great. Did you just see the Tim Tracker video there, made me want to go back...
Old 7 Mar 21, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I’m resigned to probably staying at SSR at Xmas, even the fabled 1 bed availability may be less this next few years. “Resigned” sounds bad, it certainly isn’t I was waiting for the refurb to stay there anyway and it’s now ideal in the 1 bed for us with the extra bed. So maybe “I accept” ill be staying at SSR would have been a better turn of phrase. I have booked it in two tranches though so we may bag a split.
AKV is a lovely hotel but not really for us due to lack of walking and running opportunities.
OKW is great. Did you just see the Tim Tracker video there, made me want to go back...
Yes I just saw Tim's videos! I wanted to try it anyway, and now even more so.

I actually just logged in and a standard BWV studio was available, so have snapped that up. I've booked a CCV 1 bed for the rest of the trip, but left a night spare after modifying our flights a while ago. Only need a studio really as the plan is to grab some quick service food and crash out. Then check out and go shopping on route to CCV the next day.

YT was xmas pretty bad then when you booked? It's at the back of mind to try changing it to xmas if we get to my cut off point of the end of June, and August doesn't look good. We have to pay Virgin to change our flights though, so balancing that along with DVC availability is a tough call. I'd want to include xmas day and boxing day, but scared to tempt fate and look at the moment 😳

Edit: just to add we loved SSR. Now it's been refurbed it's no longer the 'backup' choice it once was. Very fond memories there.

Edited at 05:09 PM.
Old 7 Mar 21, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

I can’t remember the numbers of international DVC visitors (or even total international WDW visitors) but it’s a very small minority - and most of those are Canadian and who knows when they will open up!

I think we all (me included) think there are lots of international visitors because we are on the Dibb where it feels like there are many, but we are still a tiny amount of total visitors. Even though we may spend proportionately more!

Edited at 09:26 PM.
KarenG is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 21, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

I actually just logged in and a standard BWV studio was available, so have snapped that up. I've booked a CCV 1 bed for the rest of the trip, but left a night spare after modifying our flights a while ago. Only need a studio really as the plan is to grab some quick service food and crash out. Then check out and go shopping on route to CCV the next day.

YT was xmas pretty bad then when you booked? It's at the back of mind to try changing it to xmas if we get to my cut off point of the end of June, and August doesn't look good. We have to pay Virgin to change our flights though, so balancing that along with DVC availability is a tough call. I'd want to include xmas day and boxing day, but scared to tempt fate and look at the moment 😳

Edit: just to add we loved SSR. Now it's been refurbed it's no longer the 'backup' choice it once was. Very fond memories there.
SSR has just got better and better over the years. I have a slight regret we sold the points we bought there in 2003! But we have stayed many times and have almost always had a fantastic stay
Old 7 Mar 21, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
SSR has just got better and better over the years. I have a slight regret we sold the points we bought there in 2003! But we have stayed many times and have almost always had a fantastic stay
It's great, it really has almost a community/village atmosphere. Also getting the boat over to Disney Springs was lovely.

We haven't managed to stay at our home resort CCV as every attempted trip staying there has been cancelled! Here's hoping we can try it out soon.
Old 8 Mar 21, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

No Xmas isn’t usually that bad for booking.