Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 7 Mar 21, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Kellea
VIP Dibber

Transferring payment from US to Uk for reservation

Hi,

Me again! I have made the reservation for the points I had to rent and have asked for a direct bank transfer. Could anyone give me a heads up how this works.

I have the IBAN number, SWIFTBIC number and the ABA code. Is this all I need. I think I was a little naive and haven't provided those numbers initially, only my sort code and account number. I'm checking this with you guys before I amend the contract and send it back to my renter. TIA x

This is my first time renting, so it has been a massive learning curve for me. Its only a small amount of points but wanted to get it right before I rent out my banked 2020 points of which I have 420. xxxx

1993, 2008, 2011 OKW villas 17 nights ( thanks to Irene , 2013 3 nights Renaissance Seaworld, 3 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW and DxDDP, 2014 5 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW. 2015 15 nights Sheraton Vistana Villages. 2016 3 nights Sheraton New York Times Square, 3 nights HRH club level, 16 night AKL SV, 2 nights BLT. 2017 5 nights OKW, 5 nights BWV, 7 nights BLT, 4 nights HRH club. 2019 3 nights Renaissance (SW), 4 nights HRH CL, 7 nights BLT LV, 7 nights AKL SV

KELLEA
Kellea is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 21, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
nhyw
Very Serious Dibber

nhyw's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 10
It's much easier to use Paypal to be honest. If you are in the UK and the renter is in the USA then they will need to use the IBAN number to transfer the money to you in the UK, I would suggest that they call their bank to arrange the transfer.

Windsor Hills Retreat Luxury Vacation Home
Located at Windsor Hills Resort, Kissimmee, Florida
www.windsorhillsretreat.com
Luxury 6 Bedroom, 4 Bathroom Home with South Facing Pool, Spa and Games Room
Click here to see our Dibb advert or for more photos see our website
State of Florida Resort Dwelling License no. #DWE5917028
nhyw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 21, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

The way banks work in USA is very outdated. I have had one renter say they can't do an ACH (same as BACS) as they bank with a credit union and it does not support it. I think Paypal is the easiest option- just make sure they choose the friends and family option otherwise payapal will charge you
Old 8 Mar 21, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

Consider there will be PayPal fees such as a currency conversion fee, another option worth considering is what Dibber KFJames posted in thread #7 of https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...y+gift+ca rds
I rented out some of my points & the renter paid me with disney gift cards. Emailed me the links & all worked fine. They never expire & so will keep any balances to pay next years dues
That way there's no fees for you and the renter who will probably buy the disney egift cards at a discount so a win-win for you both.

If you have a cancellation clause where you will refund the payment, then you can regift the cards back to them by email.

Might be worth asking your renter today if they're happy to pay you in Disney gift cards, but they must not be the Disney Shop gift cards but the ones you can use in the parks, hotels and for annual dues.

target/p/disney-gift...y/-/A-54191074
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 21, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Br'er Bear View Post
Consider there will be PayPal fees such as a currency conversion fee, another option worth considering is what Dibber KFJames posted in thread #7 of https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...y+gift+ca rds

That way there's no fees for you and the renter who will probably buy the disney egift cards at a discount so a win-win for you both.

If you have a cancellation clause where you will refund the payment, then you can regift the cards back to them by email.

Might be worth asking your renter today if they're happy to pay you in Disney gift cards, but they must not be the Disney Shop gift cards but the ones you can use in the parks, hotels and for annual dues.

target/p/disney-gift...y/-/A-54191074
What a brilliant idea Br'er Bear, Thank you for aharing. Will definitely bear that in mind if we have to cancel our August trip and rent out our 2019 banked points
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 21, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Wont the renter always have the gift card numbers though, I'd be worried the balances disappearing in the future
Old 8 Mar 21, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by gavvy View Post
Wont the renter always have the gift card numbers though, I'd be worried the balances disappearing in the future
That’s what I was thinking.
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 21, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

Target has the option for the renter to regift the card so the renter won't see any numbers.

If they don't do the regift option and just sends the numbers to you then you should state that there's no refunds and also apply the gift cards directly towards your dues which will show as a credit towards 2022's dues.

Good luck if you try that option.
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 21, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Br'er Bear View Post
Target has the option for the renter to regift the card so the renter won't see any numbers.

If they don't do the regift option and just sends the numbers to you then you should state that there's no refunds and also apply the gift cards directly towards your dues which will show as a credit towards 2022's dues.

Good luck if you try that option.
They do, but you also get access to the gift numbers as well in the email. - all the regift option does is forward on that email.
Old 8 Mar 21, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

They do, but you also get access to the gift numbers as well in the email. - all the regift option does is forward on that email.
Hi and thank you for pointing that out as we had assumed that Target was similar to the Disney Shop as when we originally posted about disney gift cards back in April 2019 https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1122498 it was in relation to using a Paypal dollar account.

We ordered a $25 card from Target as a test using our PayPal dollar account for ourselves and this is what we received

Thank you for ordering $25.00 Disney eGift from Target.com (order #10518336******) on 04/04/2019

You can either send this eCard to someone else as a gift or redeem it yourself. To get started just click on the link below.

Thank you for shopping at Target.

As you can see it states you can either send to someone else or redeem it, so we redeemed it.

Anyway we also tried to purchase a $25 egift card from the Disney Shop but at that time you couldn't use Paypal so we just used our credit card and re-gifted the card to one of our other emails so to test that system.

We received details of the purchase but couldn't see the pin number nor the last 4-digits of the 16-digit gift card number so we presumed Target would be similar.

If Target allows the purchaser to regift the card but also to view the card numbers after regifting it then that doesn't make any sense security wise.

Anyway, thanks for pointing that out with Target, so in that case you just need to use the card number right away and apply towards your dues.