Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 31 Jul 19, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lemmonie View Post
No. Balpa said they won’t be announcing dates and will be heading back to the negotiating table. In two days time if they still haven’t released dates you will be absolutely fine .
i was hoping to come back on the 31st though

although being stuck in singapore may not be that bad...
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 19, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
MEGGYJOE
Imagineer

Another stressful and worrying few days. We fly on the 19th ☹️
Old 31 Jul 19, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Minnie4Mickey View Post
If strikes are announced and you choose to fly with another carrier for your outbound flight, will BA automatically cancel your return flight if you dont use the outbound?
Yes unless you have spoken to BA first and get them agree to keep your return date. Your outbound would have to have been cancelled for BA to agree to this.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 19, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

We are early September LGW FLL so the longer they wait the more likely we are to be impacted, with the double whammy the flight is practically empty so it's almost inevitable it'll be cancelled if our travel day is a strike day. We are actually booked on the AA system and return with AA MIA LHR so it's only the outward that is a concern(with a cruise 2 days after arrival) . I'm hoping if they include our date in the strike date list I can persuade AA to move me to their LHR MIA ahead of time. As it's a shared alliance and AA tend to be less hide bound and more flexible I may just swing it. Time will tell.
Glad they are back around the table in talks again though. Gives everyone hope.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 19, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post

I am also more likely to be impacted the longer they leave it. I am kicking myself as this morning I suggested to DH that we switch to Virgin as the flights were quite reasonably priced (we have reward flights with BA so readily cancellable). Unfortunately within moments of the announcement Virgin flights tripled in price. I should have just done it and not chatted to DH about it.

I am still thinking this is the end of my BA custom, I have been searching and seems like they are dogged with strike issues. I am going to use up my points and find an allegiance with a different airline. Enough.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 19, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
cheekytink
VIP Dibber

cheekytink's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by MEGGYJOE View Post
Another stressful and worrying few days. We fly on the 19th ☹️
We are out LGW-TPA on the 19th too... If impacted we will offer to fly out the day before if necessary!

Been to DLP 40+ times?
Yes... Yes I have.

DLP: 92,93,94 (twice), 95, 96, 98, 99, 00 (twice), 01,02,03, 05, 06 (twice) 07, 09, 10 (twice), 11, 12, 14, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 (twice) 19 (x 4!), 2022 x2 .

WDW 94,96, 99, 10,11, 13, 14,15,17,18,19, 22 x2, 23 x4 and 24 booked x3 (so far!)
Solo visitor lover and DCL 2023 on the Disney Wish
DL 93
cheekytink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 19, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
MEGGYJOE
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cheekytink View Post
We are out LGW-TPA on the 19th too... If impacted we will offer to fly out the day before if necessary!
Us too if that is possible.
Old 31 Jul 19, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I am still thinking this is the end of my BA custom, I have been searching and seems like they are dogged with strike issues. I am going to use up my points and find an allegiance with a different airline. Enough.
I just said this very thing that my husband. I travel regularly from Spain to U.K. on BA...If this goes ahead, I’ll cash in my chips with them and use my hated Ryan Air or even worse Easyjet.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 19, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Lu Lu
Imagineer

I'll think twice about booking with BA again, although prices with them have been so good for the last couple of years.

I'd rather just know what's going on at this point so for me either announce a deal today or announce the strike dates!

We can't go earlier than 17th and really really don't want to go later as we will lose time in Miami and the prebooked tours etc which are non refundable now.
Lu Lu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 19, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
I just said this very thing that my husband. I travel regularly from Spain to U.K. on BA...If this goes ahead, I’ll cash in my chips with them and use my hated Ryan Air or even worse Easyjet.
I have done my googling and do not see an airline so strike prone. We have been loyal BA passengers for years but I am not going to let my loyalty ruin my holidays. We will do our last couple of reward flights then this is the end for us, we will find a suitable alternative.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List