Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 1 Apr 20, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
rhu115
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile Dlp virgin

So tell me about dlp! Never been before but husband has suggested it for his 40th next year, usually we go to Disney world instead.
I know it’s less parks, has two is that correct? When’s the best time to go for less crowds and weather? We will just be going our two selves with no kids. Any hotel recommendations? I take it the fast passes link the same as they do in Florida? Sorry for all the questions but totally newbie when it comes to dlp so a wee bit out my comfort zone

rhu115 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 20, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
HFJohnson
Apprentice Imagineer

Firstly, if you're familiar with WDW then just bear in mind that DLP is a very different experience. Not in a bad way IMO but it is much smaller and more compact, there isn't same fab array of food and the service is more European (obviously) that American. WDW is a full on two week holiday destination whereas DLP is designed for shorter visits (I'd say 3-4 nights for a first visit).

So, the best time to go is during the week away from the school holidays so the best thing to do is google European school and public holidays, and avoid those dates. Early May and September/October would be my preference for longer days and better weather.

I would try and stay onsite so have a look at the hotels and pick the one that fits your budget. My favourites are the Cheyenne (one of the cheaper ones) and the Sequoia Lodge (mid level).

Fastpasses are not the same as WDW - DLP has the old fashioned system where you have to go to the attraction and pick up a ticket. TBH if you're there at a quiet time and plan your day you won't need to use them much.

Shout if you have any more questions.
HFJohnson is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 20, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Bondy007
Imagineer

Mobile

Agree with HFJohnson. If you pick a relatively quiet time then FPs won’t be worth the effort. Hotel wise, see what deals there are and as suggested, pick the one within your budget. If you manage to get dining included in your deal then all the better as the quick service outlets in DLP are anything but quick! The better quick service options are in the village (Earl of Sandwich for example). Table service is by far the better dining option, in my opinion, and I like the buffets...
Old 6 Apr 20, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

Mobile

Best advice is read trip reports, that will give you a flavour. Best time without children is middle June and Sept for weather. Early December for christmas theme. Just check French school holidays and avoid weekends like the plague.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 20, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
rhu115
Apprentice Imagineer

perfect thank you, i think we have decided to stay onsite at sequoia lodge with the dining plan. do you book as far as 180 days for the adr?

rhu115 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 20, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Sorry to jump in on your thread, also thinking of visiting next year! Whats the free half board option?