Old 27 Jan 20, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile Marella flavours of the Caribbean - day 6

How are we at day 6 already, a week really can fly sometimes. I’m looking forward to getting home though too, so I am glad it’s not another whole week. Maybe wouldn’t say no to another day though...

I wake up on the dot of 7 as usual, but read my book instead, as I’m in no rush today.

About 9.30 I get up and go to the main dining room for brekkie. I get an orange juice and coffee, and order the chocolate pancakes. Unfortunately they were so rich I could only eat a couple of bites, but I pinch a croissant, and go to reception to wait out my tour.

Looking at the cruise news it looks like I may want to eat lunch early so I’m glad on the whole that I didn’t eat much.

I wait and wait, and nothing happens. I go up to reception and they tell me they changed the time to 10am, but I didn’t know, I must have missed them by only a few minutes. They page the social Co-ordinator who runs and gets me and we have to run to the bridge. Well I nearly die, we go up the crew steps about 5 decks and there is no air con, and I’m gasping by the time I get up there. Well unfortunately I miss meeting the captain, tea with him and photos, but I get to briefly see the bridge, and hundreds of dolphins playing in the wake of the boat. Stunning.

We get a talk by the chief navigator, then we go behind the scenes of one of the bars and see how it all works. Followed by the engine control room (fascinating) then the main galley where we meet the chefs, and get cheesy photos in chefs hats.

Was brilliant. Lastly we go to the restaurant and have a glass of bubbles with the hotel manager, who is really chatty.
Well worth it. I wonder if because I signed up late last night if they had already issued the letters about the time change. I am debating if I’ll end up charged, as nothing on my account yet. Should have been £39 which is expensive for ship activities but would have been well worth it all in if I had had the full tour. Unfortunately we weren’t allowed to take photos.
It’s 12pm, and I go to the main restaurant for a quick lunch, and I order the quiche and the salmon, and some rose.

I fancy listening to the captain talking as I missed him this morning, and so I find somewhere to perch in the atrium. He’s very funny.
There is a ladies pamper party at 1.30, and I love a freebie, so I sneak out 5 mins to the end, however it’s running really late so there was no need. It was the same as last sea day but that’s ok, my skin is grateful for some posh potions.
I decide to do the wine tasting again at 2, I’ve been told it’s different wines, so I pop in and sit down. The talk is the same but the wines and foods are different, and I have a nice bunch of people, so again, it kills a good 90 minutes.
Once that’s done I head to the shops, I buy my FIL his tobacco, and notice the sale on Joules dresses. They have lovely easy fitting summery dresses on 40% off, and they weren’t expensive to begin with, and then if you buy 2 you get another 10% off so I end up going for it. I never buy clothes so it’s quite the indulgence, but I end up with 2 lovely dresses for £45.
Back in my cabin I debate the rest of my day, it’s 4pm and I have dinner reservations at 7.30, I’m doing the second speciality restaurant tonight, surf and turf.
Indeed the skin on my forearms are almost free of psoriasis, and so I make the effort to go dunk in the salt pool and try to get 10 mins sun on my legs which are no where near in as good a state. Can’t do long though as I’m a red head of Irish descent... The pool was lovely after a day in the sunshine, and then myself and a strongbow hung out in the jacuzzi for a while, really relaxing.

I shower and change, and put on one of my new dresses, and get the lift up to Bar 11. I’m hoping for a nice sunset as it’s been beautiful weather today but it just goes dark. I order a cava and just read my book.

I go and check in, and I’ve only gone and booked it for tomorrow, what a muppet. They can’t fit me in tonight so I go down 2 floors to the glass house, which is where I would have eaten tomorrow. It’s a 45 min wait though, so I sit with a drink and wait. I’m definitely now missing the show, but I was torn anyway.
I’m seated in about 30 minutes.

I ask for a small cheese platter and a small 4 cheese pizza, well it’s all lovely as before, exceptional in fact, but they are definitely feeders, it’s all massive.

My fave staff across the ship in here though. I start to need a wee half way through my pizza, so I decide to just call it a day, as I can’t physically eat any more. I take a seat right in the back of the theatre and they are still on the first song. Hmm, it’s supposed to be a tribute to broadway, but I don’t actually recognise any of the songs/musicals except for Chicago, so I duck out and get a seat next door in the live room where a band is playing.

I reserve a seat then pick up my cheesy chef photo. On my way back in I hear the Circle of life coming on in the theatre, so I nip back in for 5, but then I don’t know any of the songs after so I leave again. Bit obscure for me but they are very talented.

There is loads of great stuff on tonight, but it’s all on so late, which is random because it’s an early port arrival tomorrow. I had heard that the Freddie Mercury guy starting at 10.30 was excellent, but I’m knackered. I see the end of the band, then a chilled out acoustic set from my favourite guitar man, and I call it a day.

I’ve had a really busy sea day, but it’s been a good one. Georgetown Grand Cayman in the morning.
Old 25 Mar 20, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Bargain - 2 Joules dresses for $45
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List