Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 5 Jun 08, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
LauraC
Apprentice Imagineer

Getting Crafty?

Hello All

I am thinking of things to do for our trip in October and want to make a couple of t-shirts for my little girl and hopefully a mini-journal or autograph for us to fill out as a memento for when she's older.

Has anyone created any craft masterpieces before their holiday? I would love some ideas of what other people have done...

Laura
Old 5 Jun 08, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Scrapbooking is very popular at the moment and you will find lots of albums in Walmarts, Targets etc. You then make up pages for the album using photos, entry tickets, postcards etc - all sorts of things that remind you of your holiday. Walmarts also do stickers and things that you can use to embellish the pages. There is a lot of Florida and Mickey Mouse themed scrapbooking stuff in Florida, so you could have fun collecting.

Try this link
http://http://www.mousememories.com/samples-gallery-scrapbook-custom-album.aspx

Linda

Edited at 11:50 PM.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 08, 12:08 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post
Scrapbooking is very popular at the moment and you will find lots of albums in Walmarts, Targets etc. You then make up pages for the album using photos, entry tickets, postcards etc - all sorts of things that remind you of your holiday. Walmarts also do stickers and things that you can use to embellish the pages. There is a lot of Florida and Mickey Mouse themed scrapbooking stuff in Florida, so you could have fun collecting.

Try this link
http://http://www.mousememories.com/samples-gallery-scrapbook-custom-album.aspx

Linda
have 2 agree with this, my SIL has been scrapping for about 4-5 years, and last winter, eventually talked me and my sis to take it up, and we r now both totally addicted very good for memories! if u have a look at the dibbs sister site ukscrappers u will get some ideas, and u can add journalling 2 ur layouts if u want aswell.

the thing i like most about it, is that there is no rite or wrong way 2 do, its completely up 2 urself.

i am goin 2 florida in 3 weeks, and my sis is going also, all we seem 2 talk about is getting to the scrapbooking stores
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 08, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post

epcot passsports
luggage tags
autograph albums
welcome letters
invitations
tshirts
countdown paper chain...
i have loads of ideas but no time to do them, if youread my pre trippie oct/nov you will see my passport.

also dollar envelopes i plan to make
Old 6 Jun 08, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
sunsetlakes
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
I love scrapbooking and make my own little beaded items to go on the pages - they are made from seed beads so really cheap to do, you can buy a book from Hobby Craft to start you off, its a Klutz book and even comes complete with some beads & wire to start you off. Once you have completed a few projects you don't need patterns anymore and can just make anything that comes to mind - I have photographed a few different ones I've made to use in my books over the years - but the themes are only limited by your imagination!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Winnie the Pooh.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	166.9 KB
ID:	11426   Click image for larger version

Name:	Betty Boop.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	175.6 KB
ID:	11427   Click image for larger version

Name:	Spiders.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	156.5 KB
ID:	11428   Click image for larger version

Name:	Paper Butterflies.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	166.2 KB
ID:	11429   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pram Toppers.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	167.7 KB
ID:	11430  

sunsetlakes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 08, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by sunsetlakes View Post
I love scrapbooking and make my own little beaded items to go on the pages - they are made from seed beads so really cheap to do, you can buy a book from Hobby Craft to start you off, its a Klutz book and even comes complete with some beads & wire to start you off. Once you have completed a few projects you don't need patterns anymore and can just make anything that comes to mind - I have photographed a few different ones I've made to use in my books over the years - but the themes are only limited by your imagination!
these look fantastic!

i can think of other ways to use them apart from scrapboking... but then with any craft its what you want it to bee
Old 6 Jun 08, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
*source*
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sunsetlakes View Post
I am being presumptious and guessing this was posted by Linda and not Robert

They are really cute Linda!

I just bought a whole bunch of scrapbooking stuff but just can't decide what to do first... Will check out the UK Scrapbookers site ~ thanks for posting that
*source* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 08, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
sunsetlakes
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Originally Posted by *source* View Post
I am being presumptious and guessing this was posted by Linda and not Robert

They are really cute Linda!

I just bought a whole bunch of scrapbooking stuff but just can't decide what to do first... Will check out the UK Scrapbookers site ~ thanks for posting that
yes it was me (Linda) - although I made 500 angels last year for a cancer charity & Rob had to help me - boy did he ever moan! Thanks for the kind comments from you and claireemmalouis though!
sunsetlakes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 08, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread