Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 24 Sep 08, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
akela6
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
i didnt think we were allowed to take the needle onto the plane so i never take mine away.

i have got 2 on the go cos i get bored quickly
Old 26 Sep 08, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post

I used to do alot of cross stitch until i got my laptop and found these Florida forums...lol now i spend all my time on ere instead.. I started 10 years ago when i was on bed rest in Hospital expecting our twins.. was stuck in there for 6 weeks and started and finished a large native indian.. its got pride of place on the wall in the hall..

I have done quite a few wedding and baby ones for friends and family.. i think they make gorgeous gifts after being professionally framed .. they do cost a bit more than the average gift but a better keepsake than a toaster that would break or clothes that baby would grow out of quickly.

I must get some unfinished ones done! not planning a florida holiday after this one for a few years so that might be my new years resolution.. " to get them finished"..
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 08, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
AmandaB
Imagineer

I have been cross stitching for years now. I am just about to start doing a christmas picture (ready to start tonight).

I like making them for christmas presents.

With 3 kids, 3 dogs and 3 cats it is the only thing that keeps me sane
AmandaB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 08, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Christina Dunn
Apprentice Imagineer

Christina Dunn's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I cross stitch as well, although haven't done much lately because I haven't had the time. I've got about three on the go at the moment. I've been doing one with pandas on it for about four years now, it just grows so slowly so I keep doing smaller ones in between. I'm thinking of taking some cross stitching on the plane next year. You can buy a thread cutter instead of using scissors so I think I'll get one of those and then maybe it won't be a problem. Have fun stitching

Christina Dunn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 08, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
hollys mum
Imagineer

I'm a part timer, just trying to get back into it. i love christmas scenes. i have done a sleigh and santa in the sky with a wintery type village. Im on the look out for something to start if anyone as got any ideas.. let me know!.

donna
Old 1 Oct 08, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Team Turner
Imagineer

I just got my first one, and have downloaded isntructions from the net on how to do it. I'm looking for an interest and don't really want to knit (I used to do that a lot). Thinking that if I like it I might treat myself to something disneyish and get it done over Christmas when I've a couple of weeks holidays!
Old 3 Oct 08, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post

I have stitched since I was really little, I love to stitch, I find it quite relaxing and it stops me from picking at snacks!
Old 3 Oct 08, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
kerrimouse
Excited about Disney

Have cross stitched on and off for years, find it very relaxing.

I have a lovely Tinkerbell cross stitch that my sil bought me as a Christmas present from one of the stores at MGM. Unfortunatelly I have a problem with my hand that I am awaiting treatment for and have not been able to start it yet as I cannot grip the needle.
Old 3 Oct 08, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post

Me too. I mainly stitch cards but am going to get mickey & firefighter next time we go to disney (DH is a fireman).

Haven't done any for ages though now you've got me started again. If I'm not dibbing then i'll be stitching hope no-one wants dinner to late tonight!
Old 3 Oct 08, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

I've stitched for years and usd to get some real bargains and unusual charts/kits in Florida. Nowadays all the shops I knew have closed down and I have no idea where to get cross stitch supplies from. I know Joanns and Michaels sell some, but there is not a good choice.

Anyone care to share where they buy cross stitch "stash" ?

Linda
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread