Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 20 Oct 08, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
AndyJ
Imagineer

AndyJ's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 16
Florida Crafting Tips

Shopping

Look out for the Celebration Disney Liquidation sales. I picked up a 12x12 scrapbook for $1 (One.) They also had lots of stickers, papers and other things at criminal prices.

**Disney shops will sell things at least twice the price you can find them elsewhere**

Try the flea markets on 192, Wal*Mart, Target, Publix... Anything outside of the Disney sphere of costyness basically.

eBay bulk lots are a good source. Look for bargains over a period of time. Put small bids on things and if you get outbid, find another and try again.

For example, I bought 500 stickers for £2.58 including postage that I know won't be brilliant in quality, but are very useful for various things I do with altered books and scrapbooks.

Freebie Shopping

Pick up everything free. Grab maps, advertising, placemats, business cards... anything that isn't nailed down basically. You can cut out logo's, make enverlopes, holders, all sorts from freebies.

Really look about Disney for said pickups - they are everywhere, and many more can be asked for. For example, ask at the Wilderness Lodge for a hidden mickey sheet.

You can cut down on weight prior to coming home by making rouch cuts or tears around what you want to use.

The Web

The web is full of free fonts and clip art. Type Disney into Google, then click on Images.

You can clip out web pages using a screen shot grab if nothing else works.
Windows: (Press the print-scn button, then fire up microsoft word or Paint and hit Edit-Paste.)
Mac: (Press Shift-Apple-3 and a screen grab arrives on your desktop.)

My $0.02.

Edited at 11:08 PM.
AndyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 08, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for all that info.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 08, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post

Also take a look at the shop in DTD where everything is $10 or less. I was in there the other day and they had loads of stickers and pop up cards that would be great for scrapbooking.

Target is one of my favorites for actual albums. They've had a lot of albums with different Disney characters on the outside. Some are just albums and others were kits that you could do a complete scrapbook if you wanted (but I always add to it). The tip with Target is to look on the ends of the isles. Often they will have additional items on what we call end caps and this is where I've seen most of the Disney stuff recently. Basically I start at the card section and do a complete zig zag until I get to the book section.

If you are at a restaurant and they have napkins or drink decorations or little toothpick decorations when the food is brought out ask your server if they can get you a few to take home. Tell them you want them for a scrapbook. This is a great 3D bonus to a page and CM's have never said no yet.

If you are staying at a WDW resort go to the front desk and ask them if they have anything that they could give you that might be good for a scrapbook. Sometimes they have little give aways and sometimes they don't. Worse thing they can say is no... always worth asking.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 08, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread