Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 6 May 20, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by djewkes View Post
Whatever you do don’t lie flat on the floor... it was an old fashioned remedy and people doing it think it’s helpful... and then they get stuck on the floor unable to move!
Lots of useful advice already but to add... take painkillers, paracetamol 4 times in 24 hours and ibuprofen 3 times in between the paracetamol... take regularly...
And ring your GP they are all still working...
Get well soon
I found the only position to relieve my pain was to lie on my back on the floor, with my feet at the back of a sofa. So that my hips were at a right angle to the floor. The closer to the 90 degree angle, the less pain!

I still use that position if I get a twinge and it settles my back quickly.

OP. See a doctor, get a diagnosis and then you can find your best management strategy. I now can recognise my symptoms quickly and have a plan. What works for me may well not work for you. We are all different.
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 20, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Agree on see a doctor ASAP
Also while to condition is acute and inflamed rest as much as possible you need a couple of days almost immobile to let the inflammation subside (we all know long term rest is bad for such injuries but you need it to settle and not get worse). I'm not offering medical advice just common sense - resting can't make it worse over a couple of days whereas too much movement might. And remember not to hold your breath when doing things you 'have to' that makes it worse!
Hope it turns out to be a muscle or something equally innocuous.
Just a thought - I started getting this once and it turned out to be the fault of the car I had bought - I was having to stretch to reach the accelerator pedal and this was putting too much strain on the muscles in my right buttock then a small extra stress and bam! agony. So also have a think about absolutely anything that might have changed in your daily life since this started.
best wishes hope you are better soon

Edited at 07:57 AM.
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 20, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

The position Can describes works for many people. It helped my problem.

Lie on your back with your bum against a sofa / chair with you thighs vertical and you calf's horizontal on the sofa so you have two 90 degree bends at the joints. You should feel some stretching of the back.

Speaking to your GP is also sensible.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 20, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

My advice about lying on the floor is still relevant... however if you must then be very careful... we get a fair few calls from people who lay on the floor to get relief from their backache and then can’t get up because of the pain, we end up sending ambulances and they can take a couple of hours (or even longer when it’s really busy)... so don’t lie on the floor if your alone or make sure you have a phone next to you...

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 20, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
kirkdalewdw
Imagineer

i suffer with bulging discs, rings from so painful i have to use a walking stick, to pain when standing. I find hydrotherapy helps, was suppose to start it again when Covid-19 broke out. I am prescribed co-codomal (top strength) and gebapetilim by my doctor for the pain. I rarely can stay in bed beeped 5am with pain as my back stiffens up of a night, tend to go for a walk to help when i wake up
kirkdalewdw is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 20, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

Mobile

It sounds like sciatica, i get it a lot in exactly the same place. I can usually control it with medication but it can really hurt. My mam has it as well and she off sick with it for 10 weeks! I would recommend you ringing the doctors.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 20, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
speedwayfan
Imagineer

speedwayfan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Sounds like you definitely need to, at least, speak to your GP. If this is difficult or takes time then another option could be a TENS machine. You should be able to get one delivered and they're not expensive.

I have Sciatica which flares up every few months and find it helps as I won't take medication unless absolutely necessary.

Jill
speedwayfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 20, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Reereef
Imagineer

Reereef's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Thank you for all of you advice. One thing is ringing loud and clear - ring the doctor!
I’m currently awaiting a call back now. I’m hoping I can get some pain killers or at least go on the physio list as someone suggested.

I’ve done a lot of reading up, thank you for all the links! And sciatica does sound likely. Also, found something to do with the sacroiliac joint, which sounds similar. I’m starting to wonder if my pelvis is out of alignment for some reason and it’s putting strain on the sacroiliac and in turn also leading to sciatica.
Maybe I need to see a chiropractor? That’ll be a while then 🤦
Hopefully the Doctor will give me some idea when he rings.

Thank you all for you input! Greatly appreciated and has given me that push to call my gp.
Reereef is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 20, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Reereef View Post
Thank you both!

I will phone GP tomorrow. I just walked up the stairs (flipping townhouse) and the pain was quite distressing when I got to the top. Posted in a bit of desperation I think.

I hope this doesn’t last 15 years! Lol
I'm sure it won't - I'm just quite terrible at follwoing medical advice regarding exercises etc - so I probably made it worse
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 20, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

I have lower and upper back issues. My first call is always the physio. Undortunely GPs know pretty much nothing about backs. And physios (well mine anyway) are absolute magicians.
I had to call them two weeks ago - trapped nerve in my neck. Four treatments later and it is significantly reduced.

Also, he will always do a full examination with back/neck issues to ensure 100% it is something he should and can treat. If he is any way in doubt - de documents the examination and gives this to you to give to the GP.

All my GP would do was prescribe Naproxin (500mg) and 500/30 Cocodamol. Which are useless for nerve issues

Edited at 05:44 PM.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List