Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 15 Jun 19, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Hopefully
Proud to wear my Ears

Declaring items at customs

Hello, following on from another thread on here,I have bought a cheap kettle(read another thread that said to get a kettle) tea bags, coffee and biscuits for the hotel room, they will all be in my hold luggage(if this is right) how do I declare them/what do I do... tbh may not even bother with the kettle then if it don’t take the kettle won’t need tea and coffee ... see my dilemma xx
Hopefully is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I can only answer for MCO. Basically there's no such thing as "Customs" there now - haven't seen a separate customs officer in years. Also all the automated passport kiosks have gone. Haven't had a blue customs form for more than a year either.

So in our experience you go straight to the Immigration Officer who will do the usual passport swipe and photo (no fingerprints for years either).

He may or may not ask if you have food. If you do then declare it. Doesn't matter if in hold or cabin baggage. No problem at all with a kettle.

Have a read of this to tell you what food is admissible.

help.cbp.gov/app/answers/det...r-personal-use

Mick

Edited at 10:48 AM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Hopefully
Proud to wear my Ears

Thank you very much... I always get so nervous even though I’ve never done anything wrong...xx
Hopefully is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by Hopefully View Post
Thank you very much... I always get so nervous even though I’ve never done anything wrong...xx
Just be honest and confident with the officer and they will be polite back.

We never take a kettle since we always stay in a villa but if you buy one in the UK make sure that it's dual voltage 110/240 v otherwise a 240 UK one will take an hour to boil and you'll also need a UK/US adaptor. Easier to pop into Walmart and buy a cheap one.

Mick

Edited at 02:30 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinklebell
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We travelled from UK last July (2018) and we had to complete a blue customs form and do fingerprints too. This was at MCO. Just be honest when asked. Better to say than be found to be lying.
Tinklebell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by Tinklebell View Post
We travelled from UK last July (2018) and we had to complete a blue customs form and do fingerprints too. This was at MCO. Just be honest when asked. Better to say than be found to be lying.
As some people have found out to their cost those cute little beagles with "do not pet" jackets on can smell an apple core at 50 yards. Not just trained for drugs.

Mick
Old 15 Jun 19, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinklebell
Very Serious Dibber

I usually start to doubt myself when being asked. One year we were asked three times whether we had more than $10000 cash with us. We didn't (if only! ) But each time the immigration guy said are you sure I started to doubt myself! With a little voice in my head saying have I? Ha! They then put our luggage through an additional scanner whilst we waited to the side.

Edited at 07:30 PM.
Tinklebell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneytink88
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by mick View Post
As some people have found out to their cost those cute little beagles with "do not pet" jackets on can smell an apple core at 50 yards. Not just trained for drugs.

Mick
We got stopped by the little pudgy beagle in 2017. I'd taken a sausage barm on to the flight in case I didn't like the in flight meal. Obviously we had disposed of it prior to disembarking the plane but little old beagle could still smell it 😂 the handler checked through the bag and was satisfied, but beagle looked decidedly unhappy 😂 though the handler rewarded him anyway as he technically 'found' the food.
Disneytink88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Grace_1412
Excited about Disney

Make sure you dump any meat products before gettimng to the line. We forgot we had a couple of ham sandwiches that we had for the littlest one on the plane. I mentioned them and it added an extra hour to getting through the airport! They were very noce but checked all our bags for food. wont be making that mistake again this year
Grace_1412 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi are you staying onsite, if so no need for kettle. On arrival just ask for a tea kettle and you will generally have one in 15/20 mins from housekeeping.
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List