Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 16 Jun 19, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Mole83
Serious Dibber

Mobile Are magic bands needed?

We are a family of 4, we only have a 1 day park hopper ticket and also a MNSSHP ticket for another day. Do we "need" a magic band? And if so do we all need 1?

We are planning on booking fast passes for our park hopper day, (not sure if we can do it for MNSSHP?) so we aren't sure how we would book in for these fast passes if we do not have one? Do we just use our paper park tickets?
Mole83 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
galaxyflorida
Apprentice Imagineer

You need either a plastic ticket or a magic band. It's a lot easier to have a magic band when entering the parks and using FP than having to mess around with handing out the right cards to the right people.

Do you have a plastic ticket? You'll need to pick one up from a will call desk before going to the parks if you dont.

I think you can book FPs for MNSSHP from when you can enter the park to the start of the party.

Orlando I-Drive April 2010, July 2017
New York and Washington October 2016
New York and Toronto July 2019
galaxyflorida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

no, you just have a credit card type ticket which scans for FP and photos etc.
I expect you will need to go to guest services somewhere but in the meantime you need to link your tickets to my disney experience so you can book FP when it is time
Old 16 Jun 19, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Mole83
Serious Dibber

Mobile

I've linked our tickets to MDE but the 4 1 day park hoppers are paper, they are complimentary staff tickets. The MNSSHP tickets are the plastic credit card tickets.
Mole83 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

The paper ones - does it say you have to redeem at ticket desk? The last time I had paper you could link to MDE but to use you had to exchange at the ticket desk for a plastic one if that makes sense
Old 17 Jun 19, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Mole83
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by gismo1554 View Post
The paper ones - does it say you have to redeem at ticket desk? The last time I had paper you could link to MDE but to use you had to exchange at the ticket desk for a plastic one if that makes sense
Yes makes sense, I will need to check them later.
Old 17 Jun 19, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
claireyfairy8
Apprentice Imagineer

claireyfairy8's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Do you need a magic band? No
Are they handy? Yes

Why? They act as your ticket for entry, FP, ADR's, memory maker.. otherwise you would just scan your plastic ticket. It is a bit of a hassle to get your ticket out each time for these things.

Magic bands start at $15.97 for the solid color bands and go right up to $50+ if you want something fancy/special edition. There is loads of choice.

You can purchase one band, that will only work for your ticket & FP. All the photos would go onto that band if it's scanned.

Personally, I'd buy a magic band each. They are easier for everyone and not a huge cost if you get the plain ones.

They last forever apparently so it will do multiple trips. The old style bands used to have a 2 year battery life for ride photos - everything else still works on them. In case you buy an older style band.

The outlets also sell the bands when they have stock, normally $4+. No guarantee and these are normally the older style ones I mention above.
Certain rides - I believe there is 4 - give you a ride video which you cannot get unless you have a MB as it tracks you going round.
claireyfairy8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List